191.8 Lbs 2hp

Frank Pizzo

So I had a very good grip training session today after I got off of work and was able to hit a massive PR on the 2hp so I thought I would share. This is very good news for my goal of getting 200 lbs...it finally seems within reach after an entire summer of training pinch as my main grip focus! This lift is done on a 50mm pinch block with a Sorinex loading pin.

Thanks for taking a look!

• Like 10

Awesome job getting so close to your goal Frank. Where would a guy find a piece of that steel you're pinching? Looks like if you have that you can rig up a way to attach it to any loading pin. Drill a hole bolt it up.

Great work Frank! That is one hellacious pinch brother.

Thank you very much brother.

Congrats! Knocking on the door

Thanks Jason, I hope to open the "door" marked 200 soon.

Awesome job getting so close to your goal Frank. Where would a guy find a piece of that steel you're pinching? Looks like if you have that you can rig up a way to attach it to any loading pin. Drill a hole bolt it up.

Thanks Crusher, the pinch block was made by GripBoard member AndrewP. He is pretty darn talented at making all types of implements. The block has two threaded holes...one on the top-side and one on the face side( the face allows for wide pinching) that can receive a large eye-bolt. I use a heavy duty carabiner to hitch on to loading pins from the eye-bolt. It's a versatile tool that works very well for pinching.

Nice work Frank! You'll be at 200 in no time

Thanks Jeff, my pinch has come a long way man.

About to get into the big leagues!! Great pinching!

Thanks man, yeah 200 lbs is definitely what I consider to be a serious pinch so it should be just a matter of time now.

Nice pinching dewd!

Thank you sir, now if only I could get my bending in singles to progress this much....!

Good Pinch ! Nice job !

Wow thanks Kody I appreciate you taking a look!

Wow nice progress.

Thanks a lot Andrew, I think that last session at your place with the Euro helped kick-start some extra gains!

Congrats! I'm just wondering, what was your routine like? My goal is pinching at least my BW and rafter hang/pull ups by the end of the year.

Thanks,

My Pinch routine during this period has been as follows: Once a week I train 2hp and Iron Mind hub simultaneous. I set up 2 loading pins and go back and forth set to test from warm-ups all the way through.

I warm up the 2hp with light weigh starting at around 50 lbs for sets of 5 and as the weight increases I reduce the reps to 3.

Once I get to around 80% of my current max I lift it once and hold for time. (my goal per workout is to hold longer)

Then I repeat the timed holds for 3 or 4 more sets depending how good I feel. Usually my second hold is close to my first in time but the 3rd and 4th start to drop dramatically in time.

Around the beginning of each month I retest for my max and choose a new weight for the timed holds...5 or 10 more pounds or whatever it might be based on percentages.

I've found for me that holding for time works well on all events that I've trained including axle, 1hp, vbar, etc etc...

I can't say for sure that it will work for you or that is is even different than what you do now (you didn't say how you train currently)

but give it a try and if you make some good progress let me know.

BTW my max on this device went from 160 to 192 lbs since the beginning of summer so depending on what you weigh it might be possible to get to your goal by the end of the year.

Good luck

• Like 1

Congrats! I'm just wondering, what was your routine like? My goal is pinching at least my BW and rafter hang/pull ups by the end of the year.

Thanks,

My Pinch routine during this period has been as follows: Once a week I train 2hp and Iron Mind hub simultaneous. I set up 2 loading pins and go back and forth set to test from warm-ups all the way through.

I warm up the 2hp with light weigh starting at around 50 lbs for sets of 5 and as the weight increases I reduce the reps to 3.

Once I get to around 80% of my current max I lift it once and hold for time. (my goal per workout is to hold longer)

Then I repeat the timed holds for 3 or 4 more sets depending how good I feel. Usually my second hold is close to my first in time but the 3rd and 4th start to drop dramatically in time.

Around the beginning of each month I retest for my max and choose a new weight for the timed holds...5 or 10 more pounds or whatever it might be based on percentages.

I've found for me that holding for time works well on all events that I've trained including axle, 1hp, vbar, etc etc...

I can't say for sure that it will work for you or that is is even different than what you do now (you didn't say how you train currently)

BTW my max on this device went from 160 to 192 lbs since the beginning of summer so depending on what you weigh it might be possible to get to your goal by the end of the year.

Good luck

I train pinch once a week as well.

I follow this routine by Electron:

Take my current max (which is 75 lbs with no training besides one arm pull up variations: towel and v-bar)

W1 70%, 3x10

W2 75%, 3x9

W3 80%, 3x8

W4 85%, 3x6

W5 90%, 3x4

W6 95%, 3 sets of as many as you can do in a minute

W7 Max

Have you tried rafter hangs and pull ups?

I want to be able to swing on some "monkey rafters" I'll set up at a park and also a "rafter climb" on both single and double columns. I think 2 x 4 would be a good starting point, but eventually do them on 3 x 4 and 4 x 4. What do you think?

Thanks,

Good luck

I train pinch once a week as well.

I follow this routine by Electron:

Take my current max (which is 75 lbs with no training besides one arm pull up variations: towel and v-bar)

W1 70%, 3x10

W2 75%, 3x9

W3 80%, 3x8

W4 85%, 3x6

W5 90%, 3x4

W6 95%, 3 sets of as many as you can do in a minute

W7 Max

Have you tried rafter hangs and pull ups?

I want to be able to swing on some "monkey rafters" I'll set up at a park and also a "rafter climb" on both single and double columns. I think 2 x 4 would be a good starting point, but eventually do them on 3 x 4 and 4 x 4. What do you think?

If the routine came from Yori then I believe it is a good one. He is a stronger competitor than I am and especially if you take into consideration our weight classes. He has totaled elite and I am probably like 200 lbs from elite in my class lol!

This routine is certainly different than what I do but that is because I have found that repetitions don't work nearly as well as timed holds for me personally. If you are seeing improvement then do not change anything. If you've gone through this programming and haven't had a significant gain in strength then it is time to try something new.

As for me doing rafter pull-ups...that is likely out of the question....for now...... I've been dieting pretty consistently and have managed to get down to 228 lbs in the morning unclothed but my weight during the day is still close to 240 lbs so my pinch would have to be substantially stronger than it is now.

But my ultimate goal is to make 205 lbs so if or when I get to that weight I may be able to do some then...my body weight was 265 lbs on the first of the year (unclothed in the morning) so I'm definitely moving in the right direction, it just seems to take a long time.

Killer pinch bro!!

Looking very strong Frank!

200# will be very soon for sure.

Thanks Mitti, I look forward to doing a contest that has 2hp on the Euro for max weight and finally getting an official number (hopefully 200)!

Damn bro, you're leaving me in the dust. Good job!

Lol...thanks a lot Yori...but I'm still so far from totaling elite it almost seems undo-able....but that's why I've been moving down through the weight classes...maybe eventually we will end up in the same class....meet in the middle type thing!

• Like 1

180 would be the halfway point between us. Might take a while for me but we'd both look like bodybuilders. Lol

• Like 1