Grip Topz Championships + Medley + Armwrestling Practice

Eric Roussin

On February 23rd, I will be hosting the Canadian portion of the international GripTopz Championships in Ottawa, Ontario. Following the contest, I will also be running a 20-item medley. And after that, a HUGE open armwrestling practice will follow.

For information on the GripTopz Championships:

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=39338

I will not be charging an entry fee, as there will be no awards. However, I will be giving trophies for the top three results in the medley, and there will be a $5 cost to compete in that portion. Competitors can choose to compete in one event or the other, or both.

Though the exact line-up may change, right now the plan is to include the following items in the medley:

COC #2.5

Little Big Horn – 130 lbs

Rolling Thunder – 175 lbs

DO Axle – 283 lbs

MoonTop – 25 lbs

Ironmind Hub – 40 lbs

Vulcan Hand Gripper

IM Tug #3 with Pinky Finger

8 lb Slim Lever

10 lb Sledge Rear Lever

Pinch 2 35s

Blob50

Ironmind Pinch Block – 40 lbs

124 lb Anvil by the Face

8 lb Bomb – 125 lbs

2” V-Bar – 200 lbs

2x4 Palm Pinch – 40 lbs

Rim Lift – 200 lbs

172 lb Anvil by the Horn

Inch Dumbbell

Competitors will have 200 seconds to complete as many of the 20 feats as possible. The tie-breaker will be a 33lb Blob hold for time.

Schedule:

Weigh-ins, warm-ups – 9:30 am to 10:30 am

GripTopz Championships – 11 am to 2 pm

Medley – 2 pm to 2:30 pm

Armwrestling Practice – Officially from 2 pm to 5 pm, but the tables will be open as of 11 am for those not competing in the grip contests

Free pizza and pop will be served.

Anyone in attendance will have an opportunity to try any of my grip equipment following the grip contests.

The armwrestling practice will be attended by many nationally or world ranked pullers. It will be a great opportunity to learn from some of the best.

The event will be held at my place. Location:

6151 Voyageur Drive

Ottawa, ON

K1C 2X5

If you have any questions, please post here, shoot me a PM, send me an email (eroussin@rogers.com) or give me a call (evenings between 8 pm and 10 pm – 613-837-1724).

If you do plan on coming, please let me know ahead of the day of the contest.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've decided to a few more things to the medley, just for fun. The time limit will increase to 4 minutes.

100-lb Plate Lift (by the rim using a key grip)

Reverse Rotation with Heavy Hammer II

Pinch 4 10s

Silver Bullet Lift (COC #3)

35 lb Shallow Hub Plate Lift

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It's confirmed. Devon Larratt, the number one armwrestler in the world with both hands, will be attending my event this Saturday. For anyone interested in a great day of grip contests and armwrestling, come up to Ottawa!

Great news, say hi to Devon for me.

Looks like you'll have a blast!

It's confirmed. Devon Larratt, the number one armwrestler in the world with both hands, will be attending my event this Saturday. For anyone interested in a great day of grip contests and armwrestling, come up to Ottawa!

I bet Devon could post a serious time on the Silver Bullet hold. I've heard about his incredible endurance.

• Like 1

I ended up winning the medley portion of this event. Here's a video of my medley run. Blobs and big grippers continue to frustrate me...

• Like 1