Extra Long And Strong Dumbbell Handles

wolfguard

I trying to find places that sell dumbbell handles that will support around 300lbs of plates (standard) in 25lb plates (6 25lb plates a side) Anyone know where I can find such things. I saw ironmind has a pair, but that is way way out of my price range 300 bucks is not what I am looking to spend. I dont need fancy bells and whistles just basic stuff. Any ideas guys? I want to compare prices between places and quality.

Depends on what you're using them for but I've had good success using 1" round bar from here:

http://www.metalsdepot.com/products/hrsteel2.phtml?page=round&LimAcc=%20&aident=

I use some 2' lengths for dumbells for benching, a piece of pipe as the middle grip and a good collar on each side. I've had 185 on each for benching, with 25's there should be enough room for 300 as long as your plates aren't super wide. They will bend, especially from benching because they get dropped onto the ends but so far have been more durable then dumbell handles I have bought. Plus at just over $6 for each 2' long handle it will be easy when I want to replace them. If you're going to use them for just shrugs or deadlifts or something they should hold up just fine.

From metalsdepot you can also get stainless, which should be stronger, and they have some cold rolled and tool steel which COULD be stronger. For me though and the price its hard to justify spending a ton. ANY standard bar can bend if we're talking 300 lbs and presses cleans or benches.

Depends on what you're using them for but I've had good success using 1" round bar from here:

http://www.metalsdepot.com/products/hrsteel2.phtml?page=round&LimAcc=%20&aident=

I use some 2' lengths for dumbells for benching, a piece of pipe as the middle grip and a good collar on each side. I've had 185 on each for benching, with 25's there should be enough room for 300 as long as your plates aren't super wide. They will bend, especially from benching because they get dropped onto the ends but so far have been more durable then dumbell handles I have bought. Plus at just over $6 for each 2' long handle it will be easy when I want to replace them. If you're going to use them for just shrugs or deadlifts or something they should hold up just fine.

This made my day. I am stupid as all get out in this stuff though. Where would I find a pipe for the inch bar and what kind would I use.

I just used black steel plumbing pipe, a 5" section. I don't remember the diameter I used it just needs to fit around the bar and keep the plates form sliding on to your hand. You should be able to get some cheap at any decent hardware store or plumbing store.

Got my steel. Next sunday is heavy DB day so we shall see how this works.

Just make one out of an old standard bar. That's what I did. Cost me $15:

old standard bar - length?

Eh, it was like 6' or something. Any length one would work, really. Just as long as the ends are long enough to hold the desired amount of 10s.

Eh, it was like 6' or something. Any length one would work, really. Just as long as the ends are long enough to hold the desired amount of 10s.

6 feets? 183 cm?