Rb 300 And 330 Ratings

Teemu I

So my question is: how would you guys rate RB 300 and 330 on CoC-scale?

I've been thinking about getting them, but I do have BB Elite And Super Elite allready, so would it be worth it?

Teemu, I have the narrow versions of the grippers you mentioned. The RB300N Iwould put at a 3.2...The RB330N I would put at a 3.6....a hair harder than my tough elite which is a 3.5.

The regular spreads are way harder. The RB300 is close to the SE and the 330 is like a 4.

My RB260 for example is the same strength as the RB300N about a 3.2. If you have an Elite and a SE that will probably be enough steps to get to where you want to be. But I like to have different grippers to get a feel for them all...I have around 18 now....haha

Teemu, I have the narrow versions of the grippers you mentioned. The RB300N Iwould put at a 3.2...The RB330N I would put at a 3.6....a hair harder than my tough elite which is a 3.5.

The regular spreads are way harder. The RB300 is close to the SE and the 330 is like a 4.

My RB260 for example is the same strength as the RB300N about a 3.2. If you have an Elite and a SE that will probably be enough steps to get to where you want to be. But I like to have different grippers to get a feel for them all...I have around 18 now....haha

All right Paul, thanks for the valuable information, I guess I'm going to settle for my Elite and SE as next steps, as they seem to fall just neatly in between. I would estimate my Elite to be about 3.3 and SE about 3.6-3.7.

I think I will save my money for Ivanko Super Gripper with those knurled handles that PDA makes instead, I really want those knurled handles even though some people say those aren't necessary :cool I allready feel bad about the money spent on grip equipment but.. :tongue I guess I shouldn't since you have more grippers than I do :)

All right Paul, thanks for the valuable information, I guess I'm going to settle for my Elite and SE as next steps, as they seem to fall just neatly in between. I would estimate my Elite to be about 3.3 and SE about 3.6-3.7.

I think I will save my money for Ivanko Super Gripper with those knurled handles that PDA makes instead, I really want those knurled handles even though some people say those aren't necessary :cool I allready feel bad about the money spent on grip equipment but.. :tongue I guess I shouldn't since you have more grippers than I do :)

Teemu, I have one of those from PDA and I love it. I've been using it mostly for heavy negs while on KTA but look forward to doing even more with it. One recommendation though, if you get it get at least 3 springs. I got 4 of the stainless with mine and with 3 springs on, it allows for some very small increments between #2 and #4 levels. I know that I have spent at least as much on grippers as I did on the ISG-DA

- Aaron

Can't believe I forgot to mention how nice of a gripping tool the ISG is also.

Thanks to both, Aaron and Paul!

That's it, I'm going to spend my money on ISG, with DA handles, choker, spring tool, guide and 4 stainless steel springs! Then, I wont buy any more grippers this year.. :whistel

Once again, thanks for the input guys! :rock

Thanks to both, Aaron and Paul!

That's it, I'm going to spend my money on ISG, with DA handles, choker, spring tool, guide and 4 stainless steel springs! Then, I wont buy any more grippers this year.. :whistel

Once again, thanks for the input guys! :rock

Its a great tool you will love it. btw the chokers are super handy too. I also got the BTR grips but I have not even got around to trying them on it yet. The standard ones are pretty decent. I made a spreadsheet of spring combinations for all poundages between I think 200 and like 350 using 3 springs in order of poundage. If you or anyone else with a ISG and 3 springs wants this PM me with an email addr and I'll send it to you.

- Aaron

Here is a link to the ISG calculators. Teemu you don't really need to spend the extra dough for the DA handles, you will still have to train grippers to get good at grippers, my ISG works fine just the way it is!!

http://www.angelfire.com/ar/mathgod/sg/

Here is a link to the ISG calculators. Teemu you don't really need to spend the extra dough for the DA handles, you will still have to train grippers to get good at grippers, my ISG works fine just the way it is!!

http://www.angelfire.com/ar/mathgod/sg/

Do you have a DA or tried one in order to make this statement? (Just curious)

No,I haven't but I do have a regular one that works fine, and to get better at grippers working the grippers themselves are best. I have used the ISG for almost 2 years now, on and off, and although it is an excellent hand strengthener I do not know how transferable it is directly to gripper "closings". I use mine primarily for negs using my bodyweight to close it and hanging on, for that it seems like a portable gripping machine. But at that final close OC's and Assisted reps and strapholds with grippers have reigned supreme, at least for me. It seems the additional price is too much for the benefit received.

I like the DA over my standard ISG, for the fact the DA simulates the feel of a gripper in your hand fairly close. It has a smoother action and no pain in the fingers as in the normal ISG. If you have the money and care to spend it on a DA, then I recommend doing so. You will not regret it. I eventually gave away my standard ISG.

Either way you win..if you get the DA I will be jealous!!

OK, I'll have to give this a thought, I'll get ISG that's for sure and I'm leaning towards DA-handles, will cost me quite a bit of course with shipping and taxes, but that should be a grip tool for a lifetime with couple of extra stainless steel springs. So I can still train with it when I'm 80 years old and brag about my grip strength to my grandson! :tongue

I just received a RB300 that was rated by clay and gorilla hands at a 3.8. I have a RB330 that I won at the gripboard gripbash that feels like a 3.9 or 4

I just received a RB300 that was rated by clay and gorilla hands at a 3.8. I have a RB330 that I won at the gripboard gripbash that feels like a 3.9 or 4

One more reason for me to get ISG instead, as with bad luck those grippers would be way harder than I hope.

• 2 weeks later...

So would 240 be slightly easier than #3 and 260 abit harder than #3?

Also for those who bought brass,chromium plate or gold coated RBs....does the knurling last longer? is the gripper heavier? what are the benefits?

My RB260 regular spread is about a 3.2. I do not have a 240, but my 210 is about BBSM strength.

REMEMBER GRIPPERS VARY, and I am sad to say RB's seem to quite a bit also.

REMEMBER GRIPPERS VARY, and I am sad to say RB's seem to quite a bit also.

True. There are RB240's that are harder than #3's (at least here in Finland) and RB260 I tried a while ago was easier than any #3 I've tried.