Road To The Blob!

Mike Sharkey

Just want to give a shout out to my man Jedd, who's expert advice allowed me to score two Fatman blobs under the wire for a ridiculous price.

If you're like me (in need of massive help), investing in his ebook or personal coaching is a sound decision.

http://thegripauthor...ft-the-blob.htm

here's the bounty:

Seriously?!?

I keep searching and searching for York dumbbells with no luck let alone blobs.

I know you will be lifting these soon.

And I will pray for your floor. - Humor

Just want to give a shout out to my man Jedd, who's expert advice allowed me to score two Fatman blobs under the wire for a ridiculous price.

If you're like me (in need of massive help), investing in his ebook or personal coaching is a sound decision.

http://thegripauthor...ft-the-blob.htm

here's the bounty:

Seriously?!?

I keep searching and searching for York dumbbells with no luck let alone blobs.

I know you will be lifting these soon.

i know right, those things are like unicorns

• Like 2

believe me, the floor is safe for a while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs3WjWXrbP8&feature=c4-feed-u#

Blob40 + 4lbs lift.

I will be just adding weight to this 40 till I purchase a blob50,Hopefully soon!

you're gonna lift the blob. two weeks after you get one :grin:

• Like 1

Guest Squat More

Don't have a defeatist attitude, be confident but not cocky, it won't take you as long to lift the blob if you're confident about it.

• Like 2

Don't have a defeatist attitude, be confident but not cocky, it won't take you as long to lift the blob if you're confident about it.

Word.

there's a couple of 50lbers on ebay right now, starting at $150, look very rusty though: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xyork+blob&_nkw=york+blob&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Thanks Tom!

Yeah I seen these but with the rust its like the same thing as sand blasted grip wise.

Thanks for sharing tho bro.

Leave the finish as is, chalk well, if that don't work use a rag and windex or alcohol it clean, get all the oils off of it and your hands, if that don't work chalk it up again so on and so on. I messed with a blob50 last night and it took about 10 tries before I could pick it up. Be stubborn every workout. heres a easy de loader. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3qX8NfDYl4

Dang nice lift that looked too easy

Is a hex of the same size about the same difficult as a blob?

Edited by Stephen Ruby

Its quite a bit narrower with straighter sides. This is just a bit wider than four 10's. I lifted the 40# straight hex before I got my blob 35 off the ground and while I haven't really worked on it much, but when I train on the thicker blob shapes, even just isos, I seem to be able to add weight to this guy easily. I hoping to be able to clean it soon.

• Like 1

I've been following some of these threads for a bit but, not jumping in. I'm in now. bit weird though. several years ago at gripmas I was able to(after the comp) lift and hold a fat man for several seconds. now that I have one I haven't budged it. I'm ramping up for gripmas and including blocks as part of it. Lifted my 40# blob plus 7.5# this am. need to get back on these lifts. I'm also trying to start taping more so, I should be having some vids. did a MM0 lefty today. just waiting for approval.

all this aside,working blobs is a weird thing. I used a 45# hex and added weight to get to the full lift. I think it's a lot more about how hard you push than the specific block. you can get strong enough with the "wrong" equipment. specificity matters but, not as much as popping blood vessels from squeezing so hard.

• Like 1

I've been following some of these threads for a bit but, not jumping in. I'm in now. bit weird though. several years ago at gripmas I was able to to(after the comp) lift and hold a fat man for several seconds. now that I have one I haven't budged it. I'm ramping up for gripmas and including blocks as part of it. Lifted my 40# blob plus 7.5# this am. need to get back on these lifts. I'm also trying to start taping more so, I should be having some vids. did a MM0 lefty today. just waiting for approval.

all this aside,working blobs is a weird thing. I used a 45# hex and added weight to get to the full lift. I think it's a lot more about how hard you push than the specific block. you can get strong enough with the "wrong" equipment. specificity matters but, not as much as popping blood vessels from squeezing so hard.

Glad to have you in. Its nice to see some more experienced guys and watch different levels of progress!

Haha. No, I work at a hotel, and I was just running home for a quick second and you know, I can't stop touching my blob.

• Like 3

Haha. No, I work at a hotel, and I was just running home for a quick second and you know, I can't stop touching my blob.

Lol definitely know what you mean!

40# Hex + 5# of magnets.

Can you make the lift look any easier!

Yeah you can, do it in dress pants.lol

Awesome progress brother!

We got some serious work ahead of us!!!

• Like 1

Week 4 of "Lift the Blob"--42.5# blob +2:

makin progress

Edited by Tom Scibelli
  • Like 2

Week 4 of "Lift the Blob"--42.5# blob +2:

makin progress

very nice!!!! I like how you get angry at it before you lift it.

in other questions, does anyone know why its not posting a preview of my youtube link?

in other questions, does anyone know why its not posting a preview of my youtube link?

Hmmmm, no...seems to work fine for me... (I just cut and pasted) (sometimes it's a function of the way things are spaced etc....just use the preview post button to make sure)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk7SGn-Jrag

Hmmmm, no...seems to work fine for me... (I just cut and pasted) (sometimes it's a function of the way things are spaced etc....just use the preview post button to make sure)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk7SGn-Jrag

weird.