Daniel Reinard

EricMilfeld

Thank you judges, Bill and Eric. For some weird reason I was probably aiming the gripper a couple inches from where I normally aim for a good shot. The result was a good shot of the bottom of my hand which blocked the rear handle from view. Unfortunately i wasn't aware of it until after I had made the attempts. Thanks for the support fellas, i'll be signing back up very soon.

Maybe better to let someone film the close...or to film it from down under? anyway, you'll fix that.

Sorry to hear that, you closed it the way I understand, so that's a good thing to know mentally.

How did the close feel? Like right on your max?

Maybe better to let someone film the close...or to film it from down under? anyway, you'll fix that.

Sorry to hear that, you closed it the way I understand, so that's a good thing to know mentally.

I've done 6 gripper certs in the last 6 months, this was the first time I stood at the wrong angle to the camera. Unfortunately one isn't aware of it until viewing the footage. At least I was consistant in doing it all three attempts. :whacked The only thing I did different on purpose was too get the gripper settled in my hand before coming closer to the camera for the set and close. In my MM1 vid the gripper left frame for a second and I didn't want to do that again. Maybe this is the cause for my different position. I like to aim the gripper about 2" to the right of the lense for a perfect close. I think this time I was ~4", which makes a big difference. The set felt really smooth on the MM2. The close ramps up fast. I was probably at my max on the close which ticks me off a bit. Over the last 2 weeks strength overall has been down, DLs, squats, grippers. I don't know what it is but I am sure it isn't overtraining. I feel fine but max efforts are coming up short. I'm assuming I went through a great PR run in many of my lifts and grip stuff and at the moment there is just a little dip. Heck, I've been working a lot of long graves and late swings lately and that could be it. Who knows, gonna sign back up soon, hopefully before Juha needs it. :)

I was probably at my max on the close which ticks me off a bit. Over the last 2 weeks strength overall has been down, DLs, squats, grippers. I don't know what it is but I am sure it isn't overtraining.

BLOBZILLA

I was probably at my max on the close which ticks me off a bit. Over the last 2 weeks strength overall has been down, DLs, squats, grippers. I don't know what it is but I am sure it isn't overtraining.

BLOBZILLA

Cursed beast!

It's sad when this is waaaaay easier...

fatman facelift row

Consecutive attempts Blob, fatman, both hands

Edited by daniel reinard

I've done 6 gripper certs in the last 6 months, this was the first time I stood at the wrong angle to the camera. Unfortunately one isn't aware of it until viewing the footage. At least I was consistant in doing it all three attempts. :whacked The only thing I did different on purpose was too get the gripper settled in my hand before coming closer to the camera for the set and close. In my MM1 vid the gripper left frame for a second and I didn't want to do that again. Maybe this is the cause for my different position. I like to aim the gripper about 2" to the right of the lense for a perfect close. I think this time I was ~4", which makes a big difference. The set felt really smooth on the MM2. The close ramps up fast. I was probably at my max on the close which ticks me off a bit. Over the last 2 weeks strength overall has been down, DLs, squats, grippers. I don't know what it is but I am sure it isn't overtraining. I feel fine but max efforts are coming up short. I'm assuming I went through a great PR run in many of my lifts and grip stuff and at the moment there is just a little dip. Heck, I've been working a lot of long graves and late swings lately and that could be it. Who knows, gonna sign back up soon, hopefully before Juha needs it. :)

Good luck, and at least you closed it...all just timing my friend

Sorry to hear the news, Daniel. Looking forward to next time.

Your face lifts are world-class.