Russian Bender Alexander Kirillov Bend Shiny Monster Square.

RobertKazan

This is very impressive. This was a brutal batch for sure. My best was only a wobble and it damn near broke my hands. I'm very happy to see Alex kill this. Congrats Alex.

• Like 2

FF to 8min for the action. That bar looks absurd. And for EJ and tommy to just wobble it? What!!??

• Like 2

I probably have 10 of these bars all stuck between 10-20 degrees laughing at me. And let me tell you, it angers me. Like Tommy I took a KOASB way further than any of these bars.

First, congratulations Alexander! Hell of a bend

Second, Wow is that true? You two are serious? This is harder than a koasb? I really would like to see a koasb bend! This guy then should be the strongest DO bender in the world then!

EJ, what was your best with a shiny king?

First, congratulations Alexander! Hell of a bend

Second, Wow is that true? You two are serious? This is harder than a koasb? I really would like to see a koasb bend! This guy then should be the strongest DO bender in the world then!

EJ, what was your best with a shiny king?

Yes sir it is much harder than the koasb. All steel will vary, no two batches in the forge will be the same.

Tommy and I would always trade steel and see who was better. For years him and I would be neck in neck. He would do something I couldnt, then I would do something he couldn't. It was a friendly pissing match. I miss those days.

All the steel I have received from fbbc in the past 5 years has shown me that the SS square is harder than the SS 3/8 round. The best I have taken SS 3/8 round was about 50 degrees tommy took it much further. I felt if I pushed much harder I would have broken something again.

I will say beyond a reasonable doubt the Alexander is the worlds greatest DO bender right now. However I have bends in singles he has not done yet. Alexander is a DO double bender beast. I'm not sure how good he is in singles or IMPs. Him and I have talked about it but English isn't his strong suit and russian isn't mine. So a lot is lost in translation.

• Like 1

Thanks guys! Didn't know bending evolved that much. I always thought the ss sq fbbc that Aaron bent was easier than a koasb. But yes steel varies.

Andrew, I dint see a koasb bend but I do see a huge koasb and big koasb bend. How is that possible?

Thanks guys! Didn't know bending evolved that much. I always thought the ss sq fbbc that Aaron bent was easier than a koasb. But yes steel varies.

Andrew, I dint see a koasb bend but I do see a huge koasb and big koasb bend. How is that possible?

That was Gary Hunt aka Gazza. His bending was unbelievable. I have those videos and it's amazing. In my opinion it is 100% real, no question.

My guess is either leverage or Gazza decided to skip a cert on the KOASB.

I think Tim T sent him the steel.

I think Tim T sent him the steel.

Correct. I'm not sure if there was a 7" piece in the package. And the wraps were tiny. I'm talking single leathers. Maybe 4"x8" Edited by EJ Livesey

Correct. I'm not sure if there was a 7" piece in the package. And the wraps were tiny. I'm talking single leathers. Maybe 4"x8"

Loosely wrapped. With no rubber bands. :blink:blink:blink

Edited by Mike Sharkey

Just went back over some of the videos of gazza that Tommy sent me, he bent a shiny bastard barehand. Anyone else other than gazza to have got close to this?

Not alot of people have seen Gazza's best bends. Most of them are forever gone, unless someone saved them. The huge KOABs and 4" shiny was bent in early 2007. He kept improving until late 2010. Bends like 5 " KOASB in IMP's. 6" shiny barehanded. 5.5" shiny bent to 60ish degs barehanded. 7" shiny barehanded heslep style while wearing handcuffs. 7" 10 mm drillrod strict DU and reverse. 3" shiny in small wraps. Etc etc. Even went on to bend an old type of railroad spike in paper towels.

I don't know if I personally believe in everything he bent. But he sure brought alot of passion to the table. Came up with training ideas regarding isos and frequency that helped alot of people get stronger. Politically he was a strong preacher for small wraps and strict technique. Back in those days almost everyone was exclusively bending in large double wraps and DO only. Gary had a large part in bringing back the old traditional style of steel bending that we see more of today.

• Like 5

Yes yes I also remember him warming up with a grand koasb in IM pads in less than 2 min which makes a IM gold nail a joke. He also told me once that he bent a 1/2"×7" 303 stainless steel which in in 2007 or 2008. I too share the same view as David Wigren. I cannot believe all bends he claimed.

• Like 1

I believe his claims.

guys bench press 1000lbs and deadlift more. Wigren bent an AB6 draft shoe that was looked at as impossible. people eat metal shopping carts. blind people can use sonar or echolocation to see.

look how far i have come in the past 5 years, who knows where ill be in another 5 years. I know Gazza had more of a drive than me and took bending way more serious. Everything he claimed is 100% possible. he had the will, the drive, the patience and the strength. the human body will evolve and adapt. plus no one really knows how long he was conditioning himself for his bending. i believe he bent what he said he did, based on my bending experiences and iknowing how far the mind and body combined can be pushed. and id like to think im pretty street smart and rather savvy.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone.

EJ. With all respect. - No one can bench press 1000lbs and you know that! Bench shirt, that can add more than 100kg/220lbs to the max result isn`t your strength. World record is 722 lbs.

Furthermore - I'm sure that it`s completely impossible for a human to bench press 880lbs/400kg (I guess, that in 100 years, with a development of a genetic modification, it will be realistic, but it won`t be a human anymore).

Gazza is great! But, to my shame, I can`t fully believe in his achievements.

Hello everyone.

EJ. With all respect. - No one can bench press 1000lbs and you know that! Bench shirt, that can add more than 100kg/220lbs to the max result isn`t your strength. World record is 722 lbs.

Furthermore - I'm sure that it`s completely impossible for a human to bench press 880lbs/400kg (I guess, that in 100 years, with a development of a genetic modification, it will be realistic, but it won`t be a human anymore).

Surely you are aware E.J. was referring to the shirted bench press record. I think he's well aware of what the raw world record is, too though. When most of us (me included) talk about our best bends, we don't refer to bare handed bends. That would be the equivalent of "raw." The "shirted" equivalent would be fat pads. "Single-ply" equivalent would be IronMind pads. It's all strength in the end. As long as the claim details the equipment used, I can respect it.

• Like 2

Hello everyone.

Surely you are aware E.J. was referring to the shirted bench press record. I think he's well aware of what the raw world record is, too though. When most of us (me included) talk about our best bends, we don't refer to bare handed bends. That would be the equivalent of "raw." The "shirted" equivalent would be fat pads. "Single-ply" equivalent would be IronMind pads. It's all strength in the end. As long as the claim details the equipment used, I can respect it.

I can't agree with you at all :)

You won't run 100m or won't do olympic weightlifting without special shoes. Well, you can, but that would be strange, like barehanded bending lol

I can compare bending with a thick wraps with a lifting with a straps(you're excluding the limitation of a weak link). In a strongman comp you can use straps(like in some certs) - in most other competitions you can use only special clothes.

p.s. straps or thick wraps won't lift for you, unlike the tension in a bench shirt.

Dmitriy that's your opinion and you are entitled to it.