600# Btb Eagle Loop Dl

Mike Sharkey

Awesome! Never done deadlifts with those things but I can imagine what it would be like...your creativity in coming up with interesting lifts to test your grip and body strength never ceases to amaze me man!

• Like 1

Awesome! Never done deadlifts with those things but I can imagine what it would be like...your creativity in coming up with interesting lifts to test your grip and body strength never ceases to amaze me man!

Thanks Frank! I really like DL's behind the back, and Adam really inspired me to test out a lot of unusual stuff. Eagle Loops are one of my favorite pieces of kit ever. Great for pull ups, finger lifting, Dinnie style lifts. I love them. Honestly though, when I put my fingers all the way through them, there is not much tax on the grip. If you move farther out on the joints they will be super challenging.

Edited by Mike Sharkey

It's amazing how easy you make that 600# look!!

Very impressive lift brother!

Thanks man. It didn't feel hard, but it was pretty intense.

Awesome lift man!!! I personally know anything around 600 takes tremendous tendon strength and pain tolerance. Keep up the great progress Mike!

Awesome lift man!!! I personally know anything around 600 takes tremendous tendon strength and pain tolerance. Keep up the great progress Mike!

Thanks man. I think I can physically lift more, but I was actually a little concerned about my arms becoming detached from my body :blink

You might get better leverage in a Jefferson stance... I doubt my back could handle the BTB position you were in. With a proper Jefferson, your hips will generate the force and take some pressure off the spine. No matter how I positioned, my back couldn't take more than 655. Didn't wanna blow out a disk - even though my fingers were fine

Edited by jvance

You might get better leverage in a Jefferson stance... I doubt my back could handle the BTB position you were in. With a proper Jefferson, your hips will generate the force and take some pressure off the spine. No matter how I positioned, my back couldn't take more than 655. Didn't wanna blow out a disk - even though my fingers were fine

Love the Jefferson. I would someday like to hoist the Dinnies, though I do expect I will need straps to do it.

All in all though, people that can lift 600# in a full ROM are stunningly strong to me.

Edited by Mike Sharkey

The height that it's actually being lifted from, due to those loops, is actually pretty high. And due to the behind the back, this probably hits the legs a ton and not almost all back like a traditional deadlift from the front...and the bar being much lower to the ground. Those loops do seem cool and very versatile.

Edited by king crusher

The height that it's actually being lifted from, due to those loops, is actually pretty high. And due to the behind the back, this probably hits the legs a ton and not almost all back like a traditional deadlift from the front...and the bar being much lower to the ground. Those loops do seem cool and very versatile.

They're awesome. If I have to travel, they go with me. Lots of pull up variations, etc.

With this move, I feel it in my quads the next day. During the lift, I feel it testing my lower back rigidity.