Great Conditioning Workout

PeterSweden

Im trying to get alittle more "fit" and some better conditioning so I do train with my bodyweight and no rest.

Today I did:

20 bw squats

1 pushup

19 bw squats

2 pushup

18bw squats

3 pushup

17bw squats

4 pushup

16bw squats

5 pushup

15bw squats

6 pushup

14bw squats

7 pushup

13bw squats

8 pushup

12bw squats

9 pushup

11bw squats

10 pushups

10 bw squats

11 pushups

9 bw squats

12 pushups

8 bw squats

13 pushups

7 bw squats

14 pushups

6 bw squats

15 pushups

5 bw squats

16 pushups

4 bw squats

17 pushups

3 bw squats

18 pushups

2 bw squats

19 pushups

1 bw squats

20 pushups

Did it in 22 minutes and 8 seconds.

Last time I tried it I did it in 25.26 I think.

Anyone else care to try it?

Im doing this once a week for a couple of months now.

Going to try to get it under 20 minutes as my next goal.

If you're not used to training conditioning I recommend having a bucket next to you.

I almost puked today.

I wright it all down on a paper before I start to keep track of where I am and what I've done.

Its easy to lose track of sets and reps when you're fighting that vomit gasping for air.

As little rest as possible. :)

Edited by PeterSweden
  • Like 2

This looks like a great idea for conditioning! And this:

f you're not used to training conditioning I recommend having a bucket next to you. I almost puked today.
sounds about right man! Did you read about this somewhere or kind of stumble across it?

I read about it somewhere a year or two ago but I cant remember where atm.

It was some fitnessguru on youtube I think. :)

A couple of tips for first timers:

Bounce out of the hole when squatting. Go well under paralell. That seems to save energy.

Dont blue flame yourself right away. Have a steady pace through it all.

It affected my breathing til the squats came to 10 and under, after that it was more straining on the muscles in the pushups.

I did this 6 hours ago and my legs are still spaghetti ;)

I'll give this thing a try on Saturday and post what happened back here in the thread. I'm guessing it might be better to do this on an empty stomach. :laugh

Hahah, yeah, I think so too :)

I drank halv a liter of water 30 minutes prior so I woudlnt get thirsty during these intense 20 minutes.

Used to do conditioning like this when I did mma, man this stuff is horrendous and definitely need a bucket near by.

• Like 1

Im sore as hell and totally fatigued and I havent gone to bed and woken up yet!

Im afraid that tomorrow and the day after will bring some serious pain my way!

Had not trained legs for 6+ months before today! ;)

Im not smart, I know hahahaha!

210 reps total in 22 minutes with 93kg bodyweight.

Very cool. Never seen it broken down like that before. I've heard a few people refer to this as "convict conditioning", using only body weight and a chair or bed. Your workout sounds brutal.

Okey, so its day 4 after training and Im still sore as all hell :)

My friends tried this and both of them quit after doing 3 squats.

One did this 19:55 and the other one did it in 20:30.

So Im still king of the hill haha!

Anyone tried this yet?

My friends tried this and both of them quit after doing 3 squats.

One did this 19:55 and the other one did it in 20:30.

How could you quit that close to the end?? I would never let them hear the end of that.

If I remember I think this exact workout was one of Jedd's Diesel Crew challenges.

I'll give it a try this this week.

• Like 1

Anyone tried this yet?

Yup...just tried and failed! I finished at the set of 8 squats and 13 push-ups in 16:01 @244 lbs...so I still had 7 circuits to go :blink. Great job man especially at 93 kilos! I don't know if I wanna even try this again next week!

• Like 1

Im going to do this once a week for 2-3 months now.

I want to get fit and more conditioned :) Also my right pec is bothering me in bench so.. :S

On mondays I punch the bag 10-15 minutes after my militarypress/grip workout.

2 days of hard cardio will do for now.

Dont want to over do it right away.

When I've done this for 2-3 months I will make a vid o me doing the above workout well under 20 minutes :)

I tried this today. Great idea and easy to do. Started with 10 rep squats and I will work up adding a rep or two per week. Thanks for the post.

• Like 1

Today I maxed out on the euro and I was weaker than when I began. :O ohh well...

After pinching I did the above squat and pushupsession and I was like: "NOW YOU ")(#%(/% YOU! I'LL SHOW YOU HOW GREAT I AM!" :)

I said to my friend that I was going to get it in 21:30 atleast. Im going to do better than last time I did it or I will die trying.

He started screaming when I had a few sets left. "THIS WILL BE A SICK TIME!" and it stopped at 18.04 ;) 4 min 4 sec better than last time!

w000000000000000t!!!!!!!!!!! Hähähähä

Im getting below 15 minutes during the summer! I swear!

• Like 1

He started screaming when I had a few sets left. "THIS WILL BE A SICK TIME!" and it stopped at 18.04 4 min 4 sec better than last time!

Wow man you're a freakin' beast...I'm still sore from this dang workout. Good luck with 15 minutes, I think you can do it.

When I can do it in 15 I'll post a video for proof ;)

Remakable change today from last time. I didnt puke or almost puke. I was allright. Just really winded and acid in my triceps and legs.

Good luck and have fun, and remember to bring a bucket :)

14:49

Squats, push ups and cardio. If you were to ask me which of these three things I would consider my forte I would say push ups without hesitation. I consider myself a push up machine. The push ups were the only part of this workout that gave me trouble lol. I'm sure it's because of the volume I did on bench and shoulder press this week but I still didn't expect it to be that hard. The last few sets of push ups I had to do all in single reps which added minutes to my time. I can do better.

• Like 1

Good stuff! Rindo and Goody used to do this a couple of years ago. Mike was pushing them again last year when he kept getting zapped with barbell injuries and they came up with a few interesting variations. They called them 21's.

• Like 1

14:49

Squats, push ups and cardio. If you were to ask me which of these three things I would consider my forte I would say push ups without hesitation. I consider myself a push up machine. The push ups were the only part of this workout that gave me trouble lol. I'm sure it's because of the volume I did on bench and shoulder press this week but I still didn't expect it to be that hard. The last few sets of push ups I had to do all in single reps which added minutes to my time. I can do better.

Yeah I do the squats with no pauses. They make me winded and my heart race tho.

I do the last few sets of pushups like 8 reps, rest 5 breaths, 5 reps, 5 deep breaths, 5 reps and so on til I get the reps im supposed to do.

If I can up my conditioning a bit and get alittle more stamina for the pushups I will break 15 minutes easy :)

I felt it mainly in my triceps. Actually nothing in the chest area...

What do you weigh?

Edited by PeterSweden

I was 193 when I did it. I think my morning weight was 191

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Did it again today.

PRed again.

Last time I did it in 18.04 and I was proud as all hell.

Today I did it in 16.37.

Im not getting winded as bad as when I did it a few weeks ago.

Today I faced another problem.

Better stamina = less rest between set of pushups.

Cramped up in my triceps and chest.

Im getting under 15minutes within a few weeks.

Edited by PeterSweden

Last time I did it in 18.04 and I was proud as all hell. Today I did it in 16.37.
Dang man that's a good solid improvement, and quick too. 15 minutes sounds like it will definitely fall soon...then what 13...12 maybe! I didn't want to try this again until after the Michigan Grip Championships this weekend because I've been doing only grip stuff. Maybe late next week I'll see if I can at least finish this thing!
  • Like 1

It's alot of willpower in this!

Even tho you think you'll faint, puke, collapse etc you have to think positive and just ignore the pain.

Try not to rest even tho you want to.

Keep doing reps even tho you're tired, just not in a very fast manner, just keep doing reps. :)

Breath deep and controlled, slow the breathing down.

Shallow breathing will exhaust you too.