Top 50 Lists For Nags

EricMilfeld

I've undertaken to search for contests that have been overlooked for the records lists on the NAGS site. I just finished entering the results of the first Metroplex Mayhem that Paul Knight and I hosted in 2009. This was prior to weight classes, so the only lists that will be affected by this particular contest will be the Top 50 lists. In fact, most, if not all, of the overlooked contests that I find will be those conducted prior to weight classes. I'm only including results for lifts that were performed according to the rules that NAGS currently adheres to. So once these results are actually reflected on the NAGS site you will see the Top 50 lists becoming more competitive with results from several years ago. Pretty cool!

Wanna help? If you know of a contest not reflected on the lists, and know for certain the event in question was judged by the standards currently in use, let me know. Currently there is a gap between the time I enter the data and when it shows up on the NAGS site, but this should soon become an instantaneous update.

• Like 4

There are a few British and European events. The info has been sent to Aaron, but he is very busy.

Thanks, David. He might be forwarding those to me.

Several updates to the Top 50 Axle and Parallel - Set Grippers have been made, as well as Women's Euro and Parallel - Set Grippers.

Most of the Top 50 lists and several of the weight class Top 10 lists have had some serious makeovers. Apparently grip is the national sport of Finland. Thanks to David Horne for mailing me contest results after contest results after contest results... We're still going at it, with many more to go. It's actually fun for a guy like me who loves records, facts, and figures.

• Like 1

Thanks for all your hard work Eric!

Thanks, guys!

Off the top of my head I think a 211+ Euro pull is needed to make top 50 now. I seem to remember when it was sub 150. Also, there's been roughly sixty-plus lifters who have competed on the Euro in the 83k class alone. Great to see the sport progressing.

Eric, all your hard work is most appreciated! I assume that only the contests that had calibrated weights are going to be allowed on the Top 50 lists. It's a shame, because in our May 2011 grip contest, I pulled 301lbs on the FBBC 2" vbar.

Adam Glass's 2011 Fall Grip Decathlon featured several events that are eligible for the Top 50 lists. And all the competitors were weighed. Plus, I believe all of his weights are/were calibrated.

I weighed 200lbs for that contest. So that would easily put me in the 93kg class for records purposes.

MMS Grippers: I closed a 174lb gripper.

2" vbar: I pulled 250lbs. Would've been way higher if my right forearm hadn't been injured.

Plateau Buster One Hand Deadlift: I pulled 451lbs.

Speaking of the May 2011 grip contest (KC Qualifier II), I MMS closed a 179lb Elite.

Eric, you are doing an awesome job with this man. Wow!

• Like 1

Thanks Eric! I'm a number guy too. Love stats and records... hopefully the list keeps getting tougher as the years go by!

• Like 1

Eric, all your hard work is most appreciated! I assume that only the contests that had calibrated weights are going to be allowed on the Top 50 lists. It's a shame, because in our May 2011 grip contest, I pulled 301lbs on the FBBC 2" vbar.

Adam Glass's 2011 Fall Grip Decathlon featured several events that are eligible for the Top 50 lists. And all the competitors were weighed. Plus, I believe all of his weights are/were calibrated.

I weighed 200lbs for that contest. So that would easily put me in the 93kg class for records purposes.

MMS Grippers: I closed a 174lb gripper.

2" vbar: I pulled 250lbs. Would've been way higher if my right forearm hadn't been injured.

Plateau Buster One Hand Deadlift: I pulled 451lbs.

Speaking of the May 2011 grip contest (KC Qualifier II), I MMS closed a 179lb Elite.

Ben, can you confirm all the weights being scaled and the standard NAGS rules being followed? Do you have a link with results and body weights?

I wasn't at the 2011 Grip Decathlon, but I was at the one Adam held in October 2012. The lifts from this event would not count because a last man standing format was used, and the face values were used when determining weights.

I wasn't at the 2011 Grip Decathlon, but I was at the one Adam held in October 2012. The lifts from this event would not count because a last man standing format was used, and the face values were used when determining weights.

Thank you, Eric.

There are some Michigan contests that would qualify. All the weights there have been calibrated for a long time. I have closed a 175 gripper at more than one contest, as has Bob and Dave I think was in the 180s. Not sure where the results are for them though.

There are some Michigan contests that would qualify. All the weights there have been calibrated for a long time. I have closed a 175 gripper at more than one contest, as has Bob and Dave I think was in the 180s. Not sure where the results are for them though.

Do you have approximate dates? Names of the events?

Most of the results are here on the gripboard. Bob Lipinski might have all of them somewhere. I'll look for the posts and message you what I find. I might not be able to get to it until Thursdsy though.

Most of the results are here on the gripboard. Bob Lipinski might have all of them somewhere. I'll look for the posts and message you what I find. I might not be able to get to it until Thursdsy though.

Ok. Appreciate it,Jeff!