Mike Burke 2014 Mighty Mitts

Tom Scibelli

Mike Burke lifted all the items in the medley and won mighty mitts

• Like 8

Thanks Tom. Does that mean no one else lifted them all...or he won on time?

Andrew was next - missed one of the 4 Blobs and the 100# Anvil Pinch lift. That anvil is Hard! I floated it but didn't break the ground.

• Like 2

Incredible performance any one of those would be an epic feat and he went through them all like nothing. He probably has the strongest grip in the world right now.

Edited by Stephen Ruby

Great work!!!

Thanks for video!

Andrew was next - missed one of the 4 Blobs and the 100# Anvil Pinch lift. That anvil is Hard! I floated it but didn't break the ground.

You floated it???? :bow:bow:bow:mosher:mosher:mosher:alien::alien::alien: No doodad descriptive enough for you...

With apologies to Mike Burke's amazing performance for getting sidetracked. I have to tell you, with apologies to Mike Burke again, I did NOT expect him to blow through Richard's very well-selected and crafted batch of implements like that. Back on June 30, I encouraged him to participate in the Nationals. He asked where it was, when, etc., I told him Andrew ran it (everybody likes Andrew), and he seemed intrigued.

Looking forward to hearing how it went for others. Thank you very much for posting the video.

Edited by Hubgeezer

You floated it???? :bow:bow:bow:mosher:mosher:mosher:alien::alien::alien: No doodad descriptive enough for you...

With apologies to Mike Burke's amazing performance for getting sidetracked. I have to tell you, with apologies to Mike Burke again, I did NOT expect him to blow through Richard's very well-selected and crafted batch of implements like that. Back on June 30, I encouraged him to participate in the Nationals. He asked where it was, when, etc., I told him Andrew ran it (everybody likes Andrew), and he seemed intrigued.

Looking forward to hearing how it went for others. Thank you very much for posting the video.

Mike some of the strongest handed men on the planet were on that stage - and most only lifted a few of the implements in that Medley - it showed who really had the "all around" strength and endurance that day.

Looked like he drop'd the anvil on way up??

What happened in the other events? Is there a listbof implements anywhere?

This was a great performance. But even witnessing it in person I was left with one burning question...

Where did he pull the chalk from and what was it doing there?!?

Thomas,

Thanks for posting this. What an awesome effort. Are there any more videos of the Mighty Mitts competition?

• Like 1

Looked like he drop'd the anvil on way up??

What happened in the other events? Is there a listbof implements anywhere?

He looked like he lifted it as high as he did the big dumbbell also so they were consistent

Not from mighty mitts but here are some videos from the strongman contest

http://www.allthingsgym.com/2014-arnold-strongman-classic-results-videos/

Big z showing once again how great he is

Thomas,

Thanks for posting this. What an awesome effort. Are there any more videos of the Mighty Mitts competition?

Jedd I got one of Andrew but it's not that clear, but I'll try and upload it tonight

I found one of Andrew's run

• Like 6

I found one of Andrew's run

That was a great run. How much was on the Saxon Bar?

• Like 1

That's not a Minotaur, it's Zydrunas Savickas!

Edited by Mephistopholes

Very strong to lift them all! Just wow. What happened to Henry Mistaken Bell? Anyone had a chance @ them?

Pound for pound Andrew is as good as Burke.

And I? I contend, pound for pound...Andrew is gooder. ;)

Pound for pound Andrew is as good as Burke.

And I? I contend, pound for pound...Andrew is gooder. ;)

razor_zpsddec75bf.jpg

• Like 1

It was again a great show and the field of competitors was tremendous. Mike Burke was clearly dominate from start to finish.

The Max frame started at 380 and went in 20# jumps. I chose to come in at 420#(which was my top lift last year) and made an easy lift, was successful again at 440#, but failed to lockout 460# (right hand was/is my weakpoint). 460 would have been nice and a tie for 2nd with Mark Felix but not this time. Alexey, Dave and Tony all passed on 440 and then failed on 460 as well, we can only speculate as to what might have been had they tried 440.

The Medley was intimidating to say the least (this is the order we had to go through, after going through everything, we could then go back to missed items):

Blobs to 36" - 48#, 50#, 52.#, 54.7#

Saxon Bar 225#

173# Anvil + 20# chain

York 46# hub to 30"

202# Circus DB

Broken Deadlift 50#

Inch DB to 24"

100# anvil pinch from top

155# mandel cone from 3.5" diameter level

Saturn Globe Farmers walk 50#

Pop's Gripper @ 90# + purple and double red bands (you could not brace the machine with your feet preventing any deadlifting of handles)

I missed the 54.7# Blob and 100# anvil pinch. This put me behind Burke who lifted everything and ahead of Felix (I believe he missed the hub, Circus DB and 100# anvil pinch), Chad was 4th with 10 items.

The overall standings that I know are:

1) Mike Burke

2) Andrew Durniat

3) Mark Felix

4) Chad Woodall

As for the Mark Henry Bell - it stayed safely in the box.

Myself, Burke, Shaw, Felix, Alexevy, Tony and David all gave it a serious go Saturday afternoon. I was the only one to hop the back end of it, but never was in danger of lifting it clean out of the box. This will take some serious specific training to combat the torque this thing generates.

A great showing for grip and the Sorinex booth was flooded with onlookers and attempties at the implements. Grip knowledge was again spread wide. Thank you to Richard Sorin, Terry and Jan Todd and the Sorinex crew for giving us this opportunity.

• Like 14