Mgc Training At The Pantke Compound 3-28-2014

Darrin S

Training from Friday at the Pantke Compound for the Michigan Grip Championships which will be held at Larkin's Gym on May 3rd. A lot of PRs set. These were the highlights. The head to head 34.5lb Blob hold for time was killer.

RB 210 (141.86lb) 20mm close

Andrew RB 210 (146.74lb) 20mm close

80kg 2 Hands Pinch Hold for Time 14 sec

Andrew 305lb Farmers picks

Andrew Double Slim Lever 26lb

225lb Farmers Hold for Time 44 sec

34.5lb Blob Hold for Time Head to Head 1min 20 sec.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuJQEjMm_xA

• Like 1

Darrin, you and Andrew are really tearin' it up! Was that pinch hold 80k or was it actually 85k (contest weight)? Regardless, most impressive!

I am so excited to be joining you guys for what promises to be a great contest! I'm still recovering from post-contest arm wrestling and feats galore last Saturday, but I start my first of four contest prep workouts this Friday night after work. Both timed hold events and the farmers deadlift are right up my alley, so prepare for battle! :shuriken:

The weight was almost 80K exact. Turns out my memory failed me, I was convinced that the rules where for 100k and 80k for the top two spots.

The weight was almost 80K exact. Turns out my memory failed me, I was convinced that the rules where for 100k and 80k for the top two spots.

Ok, that explains it. Yeah, I can't remember if my memory ever fails me or not.
  • Like 1

Great farmers pull Andrew! I just pulled mine out and with 35s on its a 16" pick height at the top of the handles. 225 was brutal for me.