Some Videos From Today's Training

Anthony C.

Had a great workout today and decided to get some practice with filming. Here is how my progress is coming along as I train to not embarrass myself at the NY grip throwdown this year:

Ironmind hub PR 47.5 pounds....question, do we include the weight of the apparatus and loading pin? I've been unsure about this and have thus far just been logging the weight in plates:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvkAku8KEA0

GHP 6 rated at 134 by Jedd 20mm block set

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2n5SsZRyRg

BB GM rated at 138 slight miss 20 mm block set

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqNkt9Wu4oU

Silvis TRex mounted to 6/18'' 20mm block set for 4 reps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op6N2hImuDM

I know this is weak sauce, but all PR's for me. BTW, if anyone doesn't own a Silvis gripper yet, head over to cannonpowerworks and pick one up. I love em.

• Like 7

Great job on getting those PR's. Those were some good solid performances man, very nice.

Dang bro your way past my hub pr

and congrats on the blockset!

Thats not easy by no means, Your

Gonna do big things here at the GB;)

Thank you guys! Means a lot to have support :)

Great job! we always count the weight of the apparatus and loading pin for every lift. Even collars are weighed for events like the axle or euro.

Edited by Chez

nice work Anthony! i think you're looking at another 5ish lbs on the hub depending on the weight of your pin... definitely clearing 50# on that thing!

Edited by jvance
  • Like 1

Great job! we always count the weight of the apparatus and loading pin for every lift. Even collars are weighed for events like the axle or euro.

Thanks chez! I'll start including the weight of the pin and hub from now on.

nice work Anthony! i think you're looking at another 5ish lbs on the hub depending on the weight of your pin... definitely clearing 50# on that thing!

Thanks Jon :D weighed my hub and pin today and it weighs 2 pounds. So I'm a half pound away from breaking 50!!

Training videos are fun to watch dude. Good stuff man. Don't bash yourself, you haven't seen a video of ME lifting, that looks like the keystone cops lol

Good hub work I would say and grippers with a blockset are very technical to do, so you will grow into that. I hate blocksets too.

Wow Anthony your strength is really getting up their!

Thanks drake! Looking to kill the 3 soon.

Training videos are fun to watch dude. Good stuff man. Don't bash yourself, you haven't seen a video of ME lifting, that looks like the keystone cops lol

Good hub work I would say and grippers with a blockset are very technical to do, so you will grow into that. I hate blocksets too.

LOL yeah man it's a pain but I agree with you when you say training block set helps the closing strength. I've noticed that too. Thanks for checking out my vids!

Pants PR! - humor

haha. True. Thanks for putting on pants Anthony. We all appreciate it.

• Like 1

Lmao one of the things I love most about training grip is it can be done at home, in boxer shorts.

• Like 1

Nice work. I am New to the board. I'm very drawn to the hub lifts. I have just started kta and doubt that I could handle throwing in this type of lift. Anyone have experience working any type of pinch or similar lifting while doing kta, even if only once a week on off day. I am working on the 2.5.

Good luck this weekend...numbers are coming along great!

• Like 1

Thank you Jose and Luke!

Jose,looking forward to meeting you. Luke, sucks you can't make it but maybe next time!

As far as the hub on kta goes, I really have no idea. I have no experience whatsoever with kta, sorry!

You''re stronger than me on the hub man :)

These videos made wanna grip!

Tomorrow will be the last session on the RT and hub before maxing out :)

You''re stronger than me on the hub man :)

These videos made wanna grip!

Tomorrow will be the last session on the RT and hub before maxing out :)

Haha you would destroy me on hub if you trained it hardcore! It seems that hub is one of those grip exercises not Dependant on bodyweight. Even lighter guys are putting up crazy numbers on it with dedicated training.