Captains Of Crush #3 Smashed!

JoshW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPcBvEf1WZw&feature=youtu.be

So I was going to do this Monday but I had a feeling I could do it today! This has taken me so long to close and seeing as I couldn't even set it last year, let alone close it I am so happy. Don't think it qualifies for an MM0 cert? If not il try again next week for a stronger close. Sorry to post again :grin:

Set felt better by bringing the gripper closer to my body but still room for improvement!

Edited by JoshW
  • Like 3

Regarding the MM0, the angle is good but with the way you set and lightfall it is hard to see the starting width. That said, it was closed buddy. Good feeling eh. Congrats! Just make sure you don't overtrain. When I closed the #3 the first time I got so amped up that I trained way to much. Could have been making progress much sooner because of that. Make sure you don't neglect the 'lower' grippers, overcrushing etc, and as I am experiencing at this moment, a bit more volume, in the sense of more working sets. the more sets in one session, the more you practise setting.

Edited by Geralt
  • Like 3

Dominated...nice work

• Like 1

Regarding the MM0, the angle is good but with the way you set and lightfall it is hard to see the starting width. That said, it was closed buddy. Good feeling eh. Congrats! Just make sure you don't overtrain. When I closed the #3 the first time I got so amped up that I trained way to much. Could have been making progress much sooner because of that.

il ask wannagrip just incase but I completely agree with you. It felt maybe a mm or two off from being a parallel set. But yes was definitely closed :grin: managed to close it 5 times today! I do want to try close it every day after now because it feels amazing to finally do it but it would be silly. Pains me to say it but I will wait a few days and try again. Thanks a lot dewd for the watch and feedback!

Dominated...nice work

Felt the handles smash together thanks buddy!

Congrats Josh!

When I certed MM0 you should set it on YouTube as unlisted and send the link to Wannagrip. When it's been accepted by the judges you can turn it to Public video. Just a matter of (short) time now before MM0 is yours :)

Edited by Six Barrel Shotgun
  • Like 1

Great close dude. Definitely closed but I agree with Geralt that it was really hard to see the set with the lighting and angle so it may not pass MM0. MM0 is going down soon though.

• Like 2

Congrats Josh!

When I certed MM0 you should set it on YouTube as unlisted and send the link to Wannagrip. When it's been accepted by the judges you can turn it to Public video. Just a matter of (short) time now before MM0 is yours :)

Thanks!!!! im unsure on how you do that as im knew to youtube, will he only accept it if its unlisted? MM0 soon!

Great close dude. Definitely closed but I agree with Geralt that it was really hard to see the set with the lighting and angle so it may not pass MM0. MM0 is going down soon though.

Thanks for taking a look Chez! Ive actually been following the same sort of grip workout that Peter is doing, I watched your video and its helped me get this close for definite, so thanks again for that! il send it to wannagrip anyways just incase but if not today then it will happen soon enough :grin:

• Like 1

I told you son!

Congrats!

• Like 1

Josh: When I did the MM0 the rules were so. That was a few years ago.. Perhaps the rules have changed, I don't know.

I'm glad you closed this. I saw lights on the ceiling, why weren't they on? Send it to Bill to critique. I did months ago and he said my set was too deep and something else, can't remeber. I had no idea what too deep meant, and he explained everything to me. Then I lost interest. Last week picked up the ghp7, remembered what he explained and did my best to close per the mm0 rules. He will help you for sure.

Edited by EJ Livesey
  • Like 1

Josh: When I did the MM0 the rules were so. That was a few years ago.. Perhaps the rules have changed, I don't know.

Ive mailed him so we will see. Thanks for the heads up

I'm glad you closed this. I saw lights on the ceiling, why weren't they on? Send it to Bill to critique. I did months ago and he said my set was too deep and something else, can't remeber. I had no idea what too deep meant, and he explained everything to me. Then I lost interest. Last week picked up the ghp7, remembered what he explained and did my best to close per the mm0 rules. He will help you for sure.

You and me both brothaa! With the lights on the it dazzles the camera and makes the shot all hazey. I have sent a message to him asking about the deepness etc so if not today I will get it very soon for sure. Words cant describe how I feel after closing this though with or without cert.

Nice strong close!

Hard to see the starting width but that's already been pointed out. You should have zero trouble getting your MM0 with your next video as long as lighting is good and camera is close enough to see handle distances.

• Like 1

Thanks frank! To be fair that was my first ever close of the #3 so there is plenty of room for improvement and if not today then definitely very soon!! Not gonna quite now :grin:

Awesome bro, congratulations! It's really great moments like these that I appreciate the most. You've wanted this for a long, long time and now it's here. Soak it in brother!

• Like 1

Awesome bro, congratulations! It's really great moments like these that I appreciate the most. You've wanted this for a long, long time and now it's here. Soak it in brother!

Brother, I felt like a god during that close! Years of hard work paid off and didn't realise when I started that I would get it closed a few months after my 18th birthday!

Onwards and upwards :grin: You deserve it just as much as me!

• Like 2

Killer job on getting the #3 closed.

This has been addressed by a few people already; just throwing in my 2 cents. For the way it looked while closed could be called into question. Make sure the lighting is good. You don't want the judges to debate if it was good or not. It is best to play it safe and do everything you can to work in your favor.

• Like 1

Good work! Just do a better vid with a clear shot as that's what bill will instruct you to do and then he will want you to send it to just him for review and not make a thread on it until the judges review it. You will get it just a matter of going through the motions.

• Like 1

Thanks guys I am working on filming closes with the right lighting etc but its something I need to improve on and each video gets better and better. It will go down very soon :grin:

Thanks guys I am working on filming closes with the right lighting etc but its something I need to improve on and each video gets better and better. It will go down very soon :grin:

Josh,

Consider filming it outside, or in front of a large window. Ive been practicing filming and found that natural light is the best compliment to a gripper video

• Like 3

Congrats on your #3 close. I'll never forget that magic day I closed my #3 :mosher