7" 304 Stainless Steel In Imps

king crusher

Hey guys.

So Lucas gave me these bars(thanks again Lucas) and I finally felt ready to try one. They are beastly.

I warmed up with some light bench pressing and a couple pull ups and a K drill rod cut to 8". It bent like a noodle so I knew I had some strength to apply.

So I did bend the bar but it took two videos. In video one I got it down to 1/16" under 3" and man it really loaded up on me you guys were right. At first it felt like a red then bam!

Video two was 10-15 min after the first. I had to use a straight piece to wrap then slip onto the well bent piece which is annoying and a first for me.

First couple hits didn't do anything but when I tried the "gripper hold" crush it smashed pretty quick in the two hits.

Next time I'll go to that crush style right away.

What do you guys think?

Part 2.

Edited by king crusher
  • Like 1

Very nice job! Told you it's a different animal. Really fights you that last little bit.

Yeah I felt like I was gonna blow right through it until it stopped lol. I should have went to the gripper crush technique right away. That's what got it smashed in video Two.

So is this stuff what they call a shiny bastard??

The shiny was believed to be 303 stainless which is usually harder. In my experience, the Shiny's were much tougher on the crush and pretty much every aspect of the bend. Some of them calibrated as high as 545 pounds but there were a few lighter batches. Check out Eric's calibration thread pinned at the top to see the calibrations from the different batches.

Stainless varies like anything else but most 304 I've had is just like you described. Similar to a Red at first with a goofy crush.

Nice job again.

Thanks Tim. This stainless is pretty tough according to Lucas who told be his friend JT believed it to be near 500 or at 500. I have nothing to compare it to besides a red and it stopped me until I rested where as I would had blown through a red.

Very well could be. I've only had 2 or 3 batches of 304 to compare. It's an extremely nice bend - especially in IMPs.

Thanks Tim. My right thumb pad is paying the price. It's a deep down soreness which I have not had until this bend.

Great bend man! If I'm struggling on the crushdown, I like to move the wraps further up the nail. I feel this gives a bit more control and also stops the wraps from crushing into each other and stealing some of that force.

• Like 1

Great bend man! If I'm struggling on the crushdown, I like to move the wraps further up the nail. I feel this gives a bit more control and also stops the wraps from crushing into each other and stealing some of that force.

Thanks and good tip David. I'll remember that.

Thanks frank.

Awesome dude...glad to see the progress! Keep up the good work!

Nice work :rock