Powerhouse Grip Log

PowerHouse

I figured it was time for me to make a log. My goals so far would be to close the #3 it is a brick ATM. Right now I am closing the #2 15reps(MMS) and about 1/8 away from closing the SM. I'll start with yesterdays workout

11-21-06

40 singles with my #2 with both my left and right hand. Then I did 10 reps RH'ed after my workout. All reps were done with a MM set. Workout lasted about 90mins

11-22-06

I made a 2 3/8 inch thickbar it is pretty slick and hard to hold onto. I just started doing thickbar so my numbers are pretty low but who cares?

THICKBAR:

RH

75lbsx10secs

75lbsx10

75lbsx7

75lbsx5

75lbsx5(it took a few trys for me to actually get the weight off the ground on this one)

LH

75lbsx10secs for 5 sets

BLOCKWEIGHT:(30lber its the only one I got)

RH/LH

Deadlifted it 6 times each with both hands, I remember a few months ago I couldn't lift this. I need to get some more blockweights maybe a 25lber and and 35lber. My hands are done for the day. Any advice/concerns on my workout is much appreciated.

Edited by PowerHouse

Nice long workout. 40 singles is tough!

I second that, great volume!

Forced reps on that BBSM would be a nice addition to your gripper training regime, seeing that you are so close on that.

Nice to see another log, keep it up!

Forced reps on that BBSM would be a nice addition to your gripper training regime, seeing that you are so close on that.

For my grippers I usually do a bunch of singles on Monday and try to add more reps each time, and then on Thursday I do negitives, SH's, and OC's. Does that seem like a good idea?

For my grippers I usually do a bunch of singles on Monday and try to add more reps each time, and then on Thursday I do negitives, SH's, and OC's. Does that seem like a good idea?

Yes, it does. Variety can be good.

11-23-06

Did a odd workout today, usually I do grippers but didn't have time since I was heading over to see the family. I did farmers walks with my 30lb blockweight but since I only have one I would go as far as I can with it RH'ed and then pass it to my LH. In total I carried it about 100-150 feet after dropping it a several times.

Then I finally CCS my #2 quite easy but was pretty far 1/4 from no setting it. I only work with MMS but will start adding NS into my routine.

It was a pretty half ass'ed workout but atleast I got something in there.

Edited by PowerHouse

11-24-06

Grippers

RH

Negitives #3: 5x the first few it opened up about 1/2 inch on the last 2 it turned into a smooth out neg.

#2 Strapholds: 5x with 5lbs(10lbs kept slipping out but I usually use 10lbs)

OC #2: 5x Very easy did an OC for about 7secs.

LH

Negitives SM: 5x held it to around 1/4.

#1 filed SH: 5x used 10lbs

OC #2: 5x, again did it for 7 or so secs.

Waited a few hours and wanted to see how many reps I could get with the #2, I managed to get 17(MMS)PR! was shooting for 20.

Edited by PowerHouse

Like most weekends I do a lot of extensor work well today my hands felt great so I tried some blockweights. I tried picking my 30lb blockweight up with 2 fingers and was able to get it easily so I tried it with one finger(middle) and was able to pick it up to full deadlift. It really doesn't seem that much harder with one finger as opposed to my whole hand, maybe it isn't.

Question is it of any use/worth the effort to do pinch with less/individual fingers??

Going to wait till tuesday to get my 2.5 gripper and see if I can close it. So no workouts till tuesday..

Hopefully i can resist it.

Like most weekends I do a lot of extensor work well today my hands felt great so I tried some blockweights. I tried picking my 30lb blockweight up with 2 fingers and was able to get it easily so I tried it with one finger(middle) and was able to pick it up to full deadlift. It really doesn't seem that much harder with one finger as opposed to my whole hand, maybe it isn't.

Question is it of any use/worth the effort to do pinch with less/individual fingers??

Yes it is, especially the two weakest fingers would benefit from it.

Got my 2.5 gripper early and was very very close to closing it on my 2nd try dont no if it touched or not so it doesn't count. Did 10 OC with my #2 and a few smooth out negitives with my #3.

Was trying to set Christmas decorations up so didn't have time to do my normal grip workout. I like the 2.5 gripper it is just a tad easier then my SM. The sweep on my SM is a beast compared to the 2.5 though, I really struggle getting the SM set where I want it but didn't have much of a problem setting the 2.5.

Got my 2.5 gripper early and was very very close to closing it on my 2nd try dont no if it touched or not so it doesn't count. Did 10 OC with my #2 and a few smooth out negitives with my #3.

Was trying to set Christmas decorations up so didn't have time to do my normal grip workout. I like the 2.5 gripper it is just a tad easier then my SM. The sweep on my SM is a beast compared to the 2.5 though, I really struggle getting the SM set where I want it but didn't have much of a problem setting the 2.5.

I bet you close that 2.5 within next two weeks.

I bet you close that 2.5 within next two weeks.

I guarantee that will be closed in 2 weeks :cool

Got my thickbar and blockweight workout later today.

11-28-06

Thickbar

RH

5x1 with 85lbs tried to hold on at top for a few seconds. 2 min rest inbetween sets

LH

85lbsx1

85x1

85x1

85xMISSED

85x1

Blockweight

RH

5x1 held at top for atleast 3 seconds. 2 min rest inbetween sets

Also did holds with my blockweight using index and middle finger 3 sets. Could get blockweight off ground a few inches using my ring and pinky fingers.

LH

5x1 2 min rest inbetween sets

Just need to keep increasing weight on thickbar each week but I struggled with 85lbs.

11-30-06

Grippers

BH

#2 Wide set closes: 5x1

#2 OC: 5x1

#2.5 FC: 5x1

RH

14 reps on #2, opened gripper a little past parallel. Hoping to hit 20 reps on it soon.

LH

20 Reps filed #1. Did it extremely easy just wanted to do 20.

Extensors

5x10 with BH's using yellow band.

Hands are done, forearms are pretty sore at the moment.

Nice looking journal bro, i also think its a great idea to do reps and maybe singles and negatives on another day as that is what i used to do and it got me great progress. Keep it up bro. :rock

12-01-06

Thickbar

RH

5x1 with 85lbs tried to hold on at top for a few seconds. 2 min rest inbetween sets

LH

85lbsx1

85x1

85x1

85x1

85x1

Blockweight

RH

5x1 held at top for a few seconds. 2 min rest inbetween sets

LH

5x1 2 min rest inbetween sets

12-04-06

Grippers

RH

5 OC's with #2

A few singles with a wide set on my #2. <---- Set was inbetween a CC and a MM set.

Two attempts at my 2.5 was about 1/8 or so on my best attempt was able to hold it shut once I forced it closed.

LH

3x20 with my Filed #1. Its hard for my left hand to do reps becuse the gripper just slides back.

Tried to CCS my #2 a couple of times, still haven't gotten it LH'ed. Best attempt was 1/4.

3 Negs on my BBSM.

Extensors

5x20 with yellow band. The blue one is freaking hard. I can do 1 or 2 shitty reps with the blue band trying to work my way up to the blue.

Edited by PowerHouse

12/11/06

Grippers

RH

Warmed up( Few closes on trainer and #1)

Got my HARD filed #2 this weekend from my brother going to be using this one for a bit.

Filed #2: 15 singles, after those I did 8 reps

Wanted to try timed holds since I have never done them. Held my filed #1 shut for a min(it opened up around 45 secs but I forced it back down with my leg) My hand was done after this.

Attempted my BBSM after my warm up, my brother said it either closed or was paper thin. I didn't feel it touch, I will have that thing shut in no time.

LH

Warmed up (Few closes on trainer and #1)

Filed #1 OC: 5x1,<------ 6 sec OC

Filed #1 SH: 5x1 <------- 6 sec SH with 10lbs the last 2 singles were done with 15lbs

Filed #1 Reps: 15, 11, 10, 15mins later 20

Filed #1 Inverted. 3x1

Extensors with both hands.

Edited by PowerHouse

12-12-06

Thickbar

RH

65lbsx1

65x1

75x1

85x1

100x0(rolled completly out of my hand got it off the ground less than an inch)

100x0(same)

90x0 almost to lockout, very disappointed that I didn't get this

LH

65lbsx1

65x1

75x1

85x1

100x0(No suprise here)

90x0 3 or so inches off ground, then it rolls out.

Blockweight

RH

10x1 held at top for a few seconds. 2 min rest inbetween sets

LH

10x1 Missed my 3rd, 4th, and 6th attempts, they were all about knee high.

Finished up with 5x1 with my pony clamp.

I am suprised I was unable to get 100lbs on thickbar and PISSED that I didn't get even 90lbs on it. Hands felt strong today I just need to get stronger.

12-14-06

Grippers

RH

Filed #2 OC: 5x1. My overcrush was weak today. Im just not used to this hard #2 yet.

#3 Negs: Definatly getting better at these, setting the #3 is getting eaiser and eaiser. Setting it was one of my biggest problems especially with the #3.

5x1 NS with my filed #1

I attempted the BBSM again after my warm up I was about 1/16 or so off.

LH

Filed #2: 5x1. Missed my 3rd single would have touched if it wasn't filed.

SM Negs: 3x1

Filed #1 SH: 3x1 with 15lbs for like 3 secs

5x1 NS with my filed #1

Extensors

Did 5 reps with the blue which I have never done. 3x10 yellow.

Edited by PowerHouse

12-18-06

Warmed up and closed my BBSM with my RH!!!! Taken me awhile but it is worth it.

Grippers

RH

Filed #2 OC: 5x1 <-----5 secs long on OC

Filed #1 SH: 10lbs 5x1 last one was done with 15lbs

Filed #1 NS: 5x1

Rep'ed my #2 for 7 reps

LH

Filed #2: 5x1

Filed #1 SH: Same as RH

Filed #1 NS: 5x1

Attempted the #3 just to see kinda where im at. Was able to get it 1/4(PR!) several times. Still a hell of a long ways to go but im happy im getting some decent movement on it.

Did 20 reps(PR) with my non filed #2. Reps were done with a MMS set.

Edited by PowerHouse