Thick Bar Holds(axle) In Rack

JamesG

Also seems like a good way to get some axle deadlifting in if your back is already fried from regular deadlifting. No, I haven't tried em, but I've thought about it before...

Rack pulls are about the only Axle work I do. I very seldom do full pulls.

Thanks guys for the input.

As long as you're doing full range regular deadlifts then rack pulls with axle should be just fine.

Climber511 do you do that because you think its better? pre-esisting injury? Way to overload and get used to heavier weights?

Thanks guys for the input.

As long as you're doing full range regular deadlifts then rack pulls with axle should be just fine.

Climber511 do you do that because you think its better? pre-esisting injury? Way to overload and get used to heavier weights?

Yes :). I have back troubles but I mostly do them because I can overload so much more easily while sparing the rest of my body.

Thanks! I think its the one contested lift that you can do that with. Seems like with grippers and Euro pinch you really need to be using the implements you will be using for the contest or at least very close. Thick bar deadlifts can be trained in a manner like you mentioned. Thank you for sharing. you're axle deadlift is very good so good to know

I did quite a few slightly above knee lockouts at "my best." Testing for what an axle would have to hold I worked up to 1012 on a reverse grip, 505 overhand.

675 with reverse two fingers each hand ( no thumbs)on an Olympic bar, along with my very best on a reverse grip Olympic bar 1331lbs.

• Like 2

If you do axle deadlift like normal deadlift then you will get stronger from everywhere. Axle doesn´t stretch like normal bar and that´s why it´s more harder to lift.

• Like 1

One to try.... For a bet on a paid vacation trip I was to stand on a small raised platform the thickness of a 2x4 frame and a piece of 3/4 " plywood on top.(4.25 ") While standing elevated on this with the bar resting on top of my feet ,then using two fingers each hand reversed grips with NO thumb involvement make a full deadlift on a smooth axle. It was ,I think one of my best lifts ever weighing between 218-228 at that time. 530lb. Single

I would so enjoy to see Chris James "swim the pond" and join us at Mighty Mitts. The best are stepping up from what I gather.

• Like 2

Guest Squat More

Terry Todd is taking the Mark Henry bell along with the 10 grand offer to anyone who lifts it out of the box? I really hope Laine Snook goes to the Arnold, I think if anyone in the world has a chance to get the money and be the first, it is Laine.

• Like 1