W O R D A G E

Cannon

Awesome. Revenge Time! Good Luck Tommy!

WORD has it that someone's eyeballing the MM5. Gitt'rdone. You guys are all seasoning it perfectly for me in the future :zorro::)

• Like 1

Good luck Tommy!!!

3 reds by all three judges. The first attempt was close though as stated by all the judges.

Sorry Tommy. I don't think "no doubt" is accurate.

Even at 0.25 speed I cannot find a still that is clearly closed. In fact there seems to be a visible gap.

You've got this next time.

The way the MM certs are judged for all to know is using the "spoiler" tag so each judge has a look totally independent without knowing what the others have judged. Just an FYI for everyone.

Looked closed to me, unfortunately you can't see the points of contact from the handles. I have no doubt it was closed... Hate to see certs fail bc of camera angles. Sorry Tommy, not sure if you can dominate a gripper any more and still miss the cert... That's why I don't mess with chasing em

Nice attempt Tommy, I downloaded the clip and played it through step by step on movie maker, you were a gnats cock away from closed but I never saw the handles actually touch. I was really wanting a to get a still where they did, and would have posted it too, but it just wasn't there.
You'll smash it next time no doubt! :)

I'll be posting a video of John McCarter's successful MM3 cert this weekend. There is no funny camera work. He sets it up, and does the certs. In addition, when it's not borderline as far as the attempts, no one ever complains about having to do camera work. :)

You'll also see what domination of a gripper is in his certs IMO.

You'll get it next time for certain man. All the best with your training.

You'll get it next time for certain man. All the best with your training.

Thanks John. When you came down here and trained with us, i remember you being pretty dang strong, and also conducting yourself as a class act would. I have no doubts that you'll surpass me on the MM ladder in the near future, and then some.

Thank you!

I still reflect on that time a lot when I got to meet you guys; I learned a lot and saw some crazy things that day.

I have always said getting the video is often as hard as closing the gripper. in some cases I've failed stuff that does seem to be closed but you can't get that shot that shows it. And there have been people who have closed it but couldn't get the vid. sucks for sure. also, I think I can speak for all the judges, no one likes failing vids. especially when they are close like this and it seems like it's a just a camera/light/angle issue.

and, no problem at all next time

And Bill, i wasnt complaining about camera work. I was more stating that i am not going to go any further out of my way to film a gripper close. If you read my post instead of just skimming through it, you'll clearly see my message as to exactly what i implied. Which is- for me to get stronger.

I dig the sarcasm tho.

It wasn't your post I was addressing.

Dude, I also made stills from your video. It's a very tough nut because of the angle. The way it shows, there's this very small black line man.

I know exactly what you mean with the Level 5 comment pointing at the effort this brings. Closing a gripper this hard it's so freakin hard to keep the hand that controlled in place for the camera. That's true crushing power right there. When you see my and Artee's technique you would think we are going to throw the gripper out of the window when engaging beastmode for a max close. Since this weekend I also know what frustration is.

Your crushing strength is demonstrated with this video.

• Like 1