Bent My First Grade 8 Bolt @432Lbs

JoshW

Can now cross a goal off my list, got my first G8! Felt a lot easier than the 6" irongrip 120kg bar, that must have been 440lbs+ Kink felt very easy! Measured it and it was just over 2" between the two ends

Excuse the wrapping in this video EJ if you are watching this, these new BBW wraps are a pain in my arse to wrap at the moment, need to get a slightly thicker wood block.

Progress!

Edit: bend starts at 3:45

Edited by JoshW
  • Like 8

Congrats Josh! That is a big milestone.

• Like 1

Congrats! Once the 8 falls many other milestone bends will fall within the next 2 months. Guaranteed!

• Like 1

Congratulations Josh!

I'm glad to see you stepping up your bending game once again, wont be long at all till you take down some killer steel now.

• Like 1

Frank, thank you!

I really have stepped up my game this time, everything I do in the weights room has to benefit my bending otherwise I won't do it. I want to cert something finally, it's about time! This bastard cert WILL happen very soon.

Sorry I missed this. I've been MIA for a few days. You're getting strong but I would ditch the doubles. Pick BB wraps or IMPs, you will get stronger faster.

Quick tip for breaking the BB wraps in faster. Throw them in the washing machine and dryer for 5-6 cycles. Then tri food while damp, also lightly chalk while damp place under 25-30lbs and let dry. You will have great creases and the material will soften up and not be so slick.

• Like 2

EJ,

I remember you mentioned washing the IMPads before in the past and I have always wondered...

Do you wash them with or without detergent?

Rich

• Like 1

Sorry I missed this. I've been MIA for a few days. You're getting strong but I would ditch the doubles. Pick BB wraps or IMPs, you will get stronger faster.

Quick tip for breaking the BB wraps in faster. Throw them in the washing machine and dryer for 5-6 cycles. Then tri food while damp, also lightly chalk while damp place under 25-30lbs and let dry. You will have great creases and the material will soften up and not be so slick.

I will chuck them in the wash tonight and give it a go! Have kept away from singles recently till I could properly break my BB wraps in.

I think I might be able to get this in BB singles as the kink felt very easy

EJ,

I remember you mentioned washing the IMPads before in the past and I have always wondered...

Do you wash them with or without detergent?

Rich

Good question. I'm surprised after all these years you're the first to ask.

Wash them with detergent. The soap will pull some of the color out, and open the weave up some; making them softer and easier to wrap and not slip on themselves. I figure the heat from the dryer is just enough to keep them from fraying.

• Like 1

Nice bend Pal! Stay focused and patient, some really big steel is goin down soon!

Gonna switch up to using singles for abit and take it slow from here but I want this bastard cert bad man! Thanks for the support bro.