Horseshoe "s" Bend

J.T. Straussner

This bend took me 45 minutes nonstop, the objective is to bend the legs of the shoe opposite each other, without bending the Toe. If anyone has seen this done before please comment.

post-22306-0-15149000-1393805206_thumb.j

Edited by J.T. Straussner
  • Like 3

:blink:blink:blink

barehanded?!

noooooo

:blink:blink:blink

barehanded?!

noooooo

lol

I mean how do you even do that??

I watched him do it and I don't know how he did it - he had that shoe all over the place trying to find leverage. He gave me one he bent with both legs bent the same direction that is almost that crazy looking.

• Like 1

Damn dude! That had to take some serious power , both physical and mental. Very, very cool.

• Like 1

Its gotta have a name (Straussner bend)

Thats a first that i have seen.

• Like 1

I got the idea after a bending performance at the Arnold Expo, some guy asked me to straighten out the ultra lite I barehanded, so I did...then I threw some leathers on it and bent both legs over in the same direction (the one Chris was referring to) so I thought...I wonder if I could manage an (S) shape. The first leg wasn't too bad, but the second one I had no way to gain leverage, so I just drove it into my leg and pulled against it with my left hand. Suffice it to say, it was not comfortable.

Edited by J.T. Straussner

That's some serious torque right there brozilla. I remember S bending a 1/4 inch bolt, back when I was into that crazy shit - and it took everything. This is insane to the fifth degree.

• Like 1

Very nice. I've got to say I've never seen that before. I've often thought of just bending the toe so it looks like half a horseshoe but I've never actually tried it.

What kind or size of horseshoe is that?

Man that is cool.

• Like 2

That's pretty wild J.T.! Couldn't even imagine how you were able to get a grip on it while trying to stabilize each side through the bend.

• Like 1

I saw him do it and still don't now how he did it! :)

• Like 1

At one point in the process he bent the last inch or so of the second leg. Think about that - the last inch of a horseshoe leg. Incredible!

• Like 1

Thanks a lot fellas! Hard to stop when you're impressing Chris Rice :D

Good stuff dude.

The S shape is sort of like a short version of a heart bend?..

Looks pretty sick though! Must have been a bastard to keep the center from bending.

Thanks brotha!

That's certainly an art!! Awesome Justin!
Also I still can't deal with your barehand SX-7 #2 heart. Even though I had side clipped model, I don't think it matters THAT much. I put a lot to bend it in heart shape in 1.25" suedes like this:
og1sF8ogg7I.jpg

L7j64UmsRN8.jpg

What was the biggest shoe you've bent under David Wigren's cert rules?

Thanks Ivan! I'm not sure what that hardest I've bent per Wig's rules. I haven't certed anything in quite sometime, just because I've found that the inherent politics can make it tough to stay motivated. I think the toughest shoe I've bent was prob a St. Croix Reg 2 in 1.5" suedes in 3.5 minutes.