New York Grip Throw Down Ii

Chez

Too bad that thing doesn't work for DU :grin:

Looking forward to meeting you finally Carl!!

Likewise! And I have always wished there was a DU WD. LOL

I'm going to bring some steel and horseshoes too, if anyone is up for bending after the comp. I have some new Golden Bastards that are brutal in single IMPs if anyone wants to take a shot at one. I've bought a ton of brass from FBBC over the years, and this batch is hands-down the toughest.

I have a bunch of larger-sized shoes too, if anyone is interested in buying. (DS4/DS5, 5xtra etc.)

• Like 1

I'm going to bring some steel and horseshoes too, if anyone is up for bending after the comp. I have some new Golden Bastards that are brutal in single IMPs if anyone wants to take a shot at one. I've bought a ton of brass from FBBC over the years, and this batch is hands-down the toughest.

I have a bunch of larger-sized shoes too, if anyone is interested in buying. (DS4/DS5, 5xtra etc.)

Nice, Do you have any beginner horseshoes. I have never bent one before. Would be cool to learn and bend one after the comp.

Nice, Do you have any beginner horseshoes. I have never bent one before. Would be cool to learn and bend one after the comp.

That'd be awesome! I bet you would destroy some shoes once you got the hang of it. I might have an Ultralite ... maybe a POLO 1. I will bring a few Diamond Classics too - not that hard once you get a feel of it.

• Like 1

Final gripper list.

1) COC Sport = 45.3
2) COC Trainer = 56.2

3) BBB = 58 - Chris Andrade
4) RC Strongman Grip 125 = 65.7
5) GNC 100 = 67.8

6) COC #.5 = 70 - Chris Andrade
7) COC #.5 = 71.2

8) COC #1 = 77 - Chris Andrade

9) BBA = 79 - Chris Andrade

10) COC #1 = 81 - Chris Andrade
11) COC #1 = 83.3

12) COC 1.5 = 86.03 - Chris Andrade
13) COC #1.5 = 91.2
14) COC #1.5 = 93.4 - Chris Andrade

15) GHP 4 = 96

16) BBM = 105 - Chris Andrade
17) COC #2 = 108.9

18) BBSM = 111 - Frank Deluca
19) COC #2 = 112.7

20) GHP 5 = 116 - Mike Sharkey
21) GHP 5 = 118.9

22) BBSM = 121 - Frank Deluca

23) BBSM = 123 - Mike Sharkey

24) COC #2.5 = 125 - Frank Deluca

25) COC #2.5 = 127 - Frank Deluca
26) RB 210 = 128.9
27) COC #2.5 = 133.4
28) RB 240 = 136.5
29) GHP 6 = 137.6

30) BBGM = 138 - Anthony C.

31) COC #3 = 141

32) COC #3 = 144
33) FBBC 4X = 145.2
34) GHP 7 = 147.2
35) Original COC #3 = 149.2
36) Certification COC #3 = 153.0
37) MM2 = 156 - Anthony C.
38) MM1 = 160 - Mike Sharkey
39) BBE = 165.3
40) BB Thor Elite = 171.5

41) RB 280 = 174.0

42) MM3 Replica = 176.05
43) COC # 3.5 = 179.7
44) RB 330 = 182.3
45) MM3 Replica = 185.8

46) MM5 Replica = 189.85

47) MM3 Replica = 192

48) BBSE = 193 - Anthony C.
49) BBSE = 194.45

50) BB Grand Elite = 197.84

51) COC #4 = 202.8

Now to figure out how many I can fit on the table. I may leave off the lowest and highest ones to make it fit, but I'll still bring them in case anyone wants to try them.

If anyone has a little bighorn or a sidewinder wrist roller, I'd greatly appreciate if you bring them so I can test them out that day!

Also selling a Vulcan with thumb screws for 90, if anyone is interested

If anyone has a little bighorn or a sidewinder wrist roller, I'd greatly appreciate if you bring them so I can test them out that day!

Also selling a Vulcan with thumb screws for 90, if anyone is interested

I have a little big horn that I can bring.

• Like 1

Hey guys. We are getting really close to comp day. I just wanted to give a few reminders:

1) I will be there around 9:20 am to set up. I already dropped off all the heavy stuff tonight. One of the competitors is starting early at 9:30 because he has to leave at 2pm and I want to make sure he gets a head start to get all his lifts in.

2) Everyone else should be there between 9:30 and 10 am to weigh in and warm up

3) it might be a long day since we have 15 people competing and we plan on doing some extra stuff after so bring food and drinks (I plan on having wine :) so if you want, you can bring your own alcohol). If some people want to organize ordering food, you can do that as well since we have in the past but I wouldn't rely on that.

4) the following guys have offered to bring grippers: Anthony C., Chris Andrade, Mike Sharkey, Frank Deluca. Please look at the most recent gripper list and remember to bring the gripper I have marked with your name.

5) If we have talked in private about bringing stuff, please remember to bring those items.

6) If you haven't already, please PM me for the comp address.

Edited by Chez
  • Like 1

Damn I really wish I knew sooner I'd be off work this weekend, I just found out today. But 600 miles round trip, 4 tanks of gas and 2 nights in a hotel last minute, may be too much to plan. I'll make it next year.

• Like 1

Skip on the 2 hotel nights. That's what I'm doing. 850-mile round trip for me. It'll be a long day.

Skip on the 2 hotel nights. That's what I'm doing. 850-mile round trip for me. It'll be a long day.

Dude you are gonna hate life on the ride home, unless you have a luxury SUV. I however do not. I drive a 400hp Wrx. After 3 hours the car is unbearable to be in. Back hurts, legs all cramped up. Plus it's a bitch to shift gears with dead hands.

• Like 1

It will be a long ride home, no doubt. But I find comps are too few and far between to pass up when I am free to attend.

• Like 4

It will be a long ride home, no doubt. But I find comps are too few and far between to pass up when I am free to attend.

I can't argue with that.

850miles?!

:bow :bow

850miles?!

:bow :bow

Each way.

Time to bring the intensity!

• Like 1

Made it ... first time ever in CT ... long drive! Time for some red wine!!!

• Like 2

I'm not drinking Merlot :angry2:

Lol ... I need to slow down here or I might be late tomorrow morning.

Made it ... first time ever in CT ... long drive! Time for some red wine!!!

Crackin the cabernet right now!

Yes! I'm starting right before :)