Im Hub 80.9lbs

Juha Harju

Hello.

My bro did today very good lifts with IM Hub and IM anvil trainer. Looking good for King Kong

• Like 3

Insane!

What counts as full lockout on the lift? The 77lb lift looked perfect but the 80lb lift looked like it was a few inches from full lockout. No doubt he will probably break the current world record though by the contest.

Great lifting and always fun to see the ladies in there. Yes, what is the full lock out position for a hub lift? Or is this a technique difference?

Insane!

What counts as full lockout on the lift? The 77lb lift looked perfect but the 80lb lift looked like it was a few inches from full lockout. No doubt he will probably break the current world record though by the contest.

Insane!

Thanks.

Yes, it was only training lift. Today´s target was 76-77lbs but it was so easy to Matti that he tried more. 80lbs was planned to be lift after two weeks.

Very strong on the Hub! What did he pull on the anvil trainer?

200.62lbs. 209lbs was planned today but IM axle before IM anvil trainer was too hard.

I would like to clarify my question. It wasn't related to the lift and my apologies if it came across negatively. It is based in my own lack of knowledge. I reread my comment and thought I should clarify.

When you lift, you are bringing the hub up high above the waist, almost like a rowing motion. What is the advantage/disadvantage of that?

Guest Squat More

Doing rows/high pulls with the hub using weights slightly below your max increases the time under tension for me and has helped me to increase my IM hub lift to 63ish pounds. When I am going for max weights or attempts on a weight I have not gotten before, I will just keep my arm in a comfortable position, almost straight but not quite and just stand up with the weight, so my legs and hips lock out. To me, that is what a lockout is for anything, deads, squats, or any kind of vertical lift on a grip strength implement. Legs and hips locked = lockout.

Been using the IM Hub since 1999. My style is pretty much the same as on the video, which is similar to Zach Jacobs. I have always had a problem with the concept of "lockout". Have had guys send me videos of the anemic-Rolling Thunder-height-style-lockout, to which I say "I have never done it that way, but I guess it is a lockout". To me, it is all about HEIGHT on a pull. It is easier for me just to try to tear the weight off the ground as high as possible, rather than to zero in on a small target to lock it out.

The 77.93 lb. pull might be my favorite IM Hub video I have yet to see.

Awesome pulls!

Hello.

My bro did today very good lifts with IM Hub and IM anvil trainer. Looking good for King Kong

Great vid