One Hand Axle: 190.1*

Choked Hammer: 228*

2. Yori Skutt bodyweight: 107.6

20mm block grippers: 118*

Euro: 158.1*

One Hand Axle: 136*

Choked Hammer: 156*

* = world record

Eric & Yori, you guys did an awesome job!!!

Eric - you would have have still got 1st even if I had competed, based on what I was projecting from training lifts.

new world records in the Pinch put up on the list

TWO HANDS PINCH (Adjustable apparatus)

Male (83k) - Eric Milfeld (USA) – 98.83k - 29 Mar, 2014 - Arizona Cactus Grip - Fort Worth, Texas, USA

Male (59k) - Yori Skutt (USA) - 71.71k - 29 Mar, 2014 - Arizona Cactus Grip - Fort Worth, Texas, USA

http://www.davidhorne-gripmaster.com/worldrecords.html

1. Eric Milfeld bodyweight: 182.8

20mm block gripper: 154

Euro: 217.9*

One Hand Axle: 190.1*

Choked Hammer: 228*

2. Yori Skutt bodyweight: 107.6

20mm block grippers: 118*

Euro: 158.1*

One Hand Axle: 136*

Choked Hammer: 156*

* = world record

:bow Eric :bow

:bow Yori :bow

Great job guys! Big congrats to both of you.

Thanks a lot everybody! And thanks so much to Tommy Jennings for taking off from work on short notice to come and do a fine job of judging the contest!

Yori really put on a show at 107 pounds. He retained a very high percentage of his strength after losing over 20 pounds!

We both suffered a bit on grippers due to simply not having enough of them to fill our gaps. We both fell short of our projected pinches, as well. Yori was doing over 170 in training and on my final workout I had done 224 for a 5 second timed hold. Weather conditions again. I'm not too too upset, though. I've come to accept this as my contest curse. But I think we were both thrilled with our axle and hammer performances. Overall, I was very happy with my performance and loved having Yori up in Cowtown for what was a nice change of pace - a two man contest. After the rather brief, but relaxed contest, it was off to an all night festival of arm wrestling practice, rope climbing with added weight, strict curl challenging, and, of course, more grip feats. I was happy just to wake up uninjured today!

• Like 2

Yesterday we had a really good contest.

We both felt strong on grippers, but the grippers we had rated for the comp all neatly avoided our desired ranges. I had been good for a 120+ close, but mine rated 116, 117, 118. Lol

Eric had the identical problem.

On pinch, we had great goals and had trained to achieve them. Eric wanted a 230 pinch, and I had lived the last months for the 150% pinch, nothing else.

The conditions didn't permit this, and that's ok. Maybe sometime in the future, we'll both have another chance.

On axle, we were surprised at how easily the weight was flying off the ground. We took all attempts and made every one of them.

In sledge, there was a bit of a mix-up for me but I PRed greatly at the last second. This was a 59, 66, and 74k record. Eric matched his PR, and set a record.

We then started running around and lifting things with Tommy, and then infiltrated an underground arm wrestling group and had a strict curl challenge with them (also drank all their beer).

Eric hurt himself a few times there but death could not touch him.

This was one of the best training days I've ever had. Looking forward to next time.

• Like 2

Tommy y didn't you compete as well, you could have jumped in there?

thanks for the reply Tommy I know for myself my best gripper closesrare right after work after using my hands all day. I think it's a good thing to have the blood flowing before you can compete. I always feel bad for the people who drive really far distances to go to comps,because they are sitting so long at least the person driving would get some kind of hand motion. well I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with the two hands pinchEric knows alot about it so listen up and do what he says.talk to you later I gotta go I just worked a 12 hour night shift and I gotta go back in tonight.

Just wanted to say congrats to yori and Eric, great performances! I also second the motion for training grip on work days. Much better results for me when I do

Thanks, Anthony!

And I totally agree. After twelve hours of hooking up fuel delivery hoses I'm able to come home and hit a big gripper with no warm up.

• Like 1

Side note, Martin said he would be getting the trophies finished this week once he could pick up the name plates and would send those out.

- Aaron

• Like 1

Side note, Martin said he would be getting the trophies finished this week once he could pick up the name plates and would send those out.

- Aaron

Very nice. It will certainly be my favorite trophy! Thanks, Aaron and Martin! And no hurry.

My schedule is a little whacky this week, but I should be able to get them sent out no later than Monday (4/7). You guys deserve them with awesome performances. Good thing we don't make scores relative to bodyweight :) .

• Like 2

Outstanding performances guys!!!!

Big Congrats on some killer World Records!!

Damn I feel fat after having watched this..lol

Thanks Jon and David!

Yori made ME feel fat!