The Gripday Party - Springfield, Missouri April 5,2014

Colt

Also ERIK VINING - who is donating part of the Grand Prize!

Erik's prizes are always OUTSTANDING! Works of art.

• 2 weeks later...

Will the Sledgehammer Deadlift (Sledge Choke) be "rising bar?" Or will we be able to take an easier attempt if we fail at our opener?

Ben the sledgehammer deadlift is NOT rising bar. Jeremy the jug carry will be a farmers walk with two 5 gallon jugs for distance plus time. That event will be done outside rain or snow. Shine isn't really a likely option. We have an event page on Facebook that you are welcome to join.

Can you please provide a link to the Facebook page?

I don't want to join the wrong kind of "party" by accident.-(only half-joking)

• 2 weeks later...

I apologize for the inconvenience but The Gripday Party event location has been changed from my house to STRONG GYM (about 3 miles away). This is a big opportunity for a much larger event and I am certain it will be worlds better. The new link with the updated address is below.

http://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5yNevk2f5k5eG40M0Nibk5QalU/edit?usp=sharing

• 4 weeks later...

With under a month to go things are starting to pick up for the contest. Sasco Pavement Coatings has donated cash prizes for the top 3 overall in the competition to the tune of $250 (1st), $125 (2nd), $75 (3rd). If you are thinking about making it to this event don't wait to get signed up and let me know if there is anything I can do to help out with planning a trip to Springfield, Mo!

I'm sad to report that I will be unable to attend the contest. I will be out of town on that day. Best of luck to all competitors!

Hey Guys,

Not sure if I may have missed this info anywhere when looking, but will the 20mm grippers be a max for one hand only, or will both hands be calculated in the standings.

I may be able to make this event, but I am still nursing an injured left wrist/hand and have no idea if my LH will hold up to any max gripper attempts.

Thanks

Thanks for the info Colt. Hopefully I will be able to make it. If I do, it will be my first ever comp. I've been waiting for something closer to me than Ohio or Texas. I should should know for sure pretty soon.

Kyle

Please get your entry forms in as soon as possible to help account for t-shirts, food, etc. The cut off date is listed as 3/21/14 on the entry, but contact me if you are not going to make that date and still want to compete.

I just realized I didn't mention this on the gripboard but the sponsors have kicked in big time for this competition. There will be $250 and Erik Vining's Infinity Scroll for 1st overall, $125 for 2nd, and $75 for 3rd among many other prizes. Also a special prize for the winners of the sledge and gripper events.

I just realized I didn't mention this on the gripboard but the sponsors have kicked in big time for this competition. There will be $250 and Erik Vining's Infinity Scroll for 1st overall, $125 for 2nd, and $75 for 3rd among many other prizes. Also a special prize for the winners of the sledge and gripper events.

Colt - PM me your mailing address and I'll send something out for you to give away.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I hope some of the photos that were taken by the other competitors get shared, because I lost a bunch of photos I took at the contest. My camera is having issues. And that is an understatement. Nothing past the sledge event has remained on my memory card. And I took somewhere north of 100 photos of everyone there. Now I have about 20 total. Pretty bummed about that.

Ben, google for deleted file recovery software. My wife had a similar issue w/ her camera and lost a lot of photos from a Filipino cultural event and I was able to recover them. I believe this is the free software I used successfully; http://download.cnet.com/Recuva/3000-2242_4-10753287.html

• Like 1

Thanks for the link, Bob! I didn't even know it was possible to recover them. I also lost Josh's medley and mine from video.

• Like 1

Will the results be posted here in this thread?

Ben, I have been insanely busy at work, but we will have photos, videos, and the results posted as soon as I figure out how to photo shop Luke's cat shirt onto my body.

• Like 1