Ripped Callouses

ImpGrip

how do you guys deal with ripped skin or callouses ?prevent them? make them heal quicker?

i just ripped off a big chunk of skin on my thumb doing the blob yesterday didnt realize how much i use the thumb in everyday life

how do you guys deal with ripped skin or callouses ?prevent them? make them heal quicker?

i just ripped off a big chunk of skin on my thumb doing the blob yesterday didnt realize how much i use the thumb in everyday life

Tuf-Foot.

^^^^tuf foot^^^^^

Tuf- foot.

However, you must maintain the callouses. Sand them down once every couple weeks or so. When they get too tough or thick, well they rip and now you start over. You could use a pommel stone, but that will take too much off if you sand hard.

New-skin will help them heal quicker. It's a mild form of super glue found in the band-aid section designed for mild cuts and rips.

Edited by EJ Livesey

I personally shave off the huge callouses that start just below the fingers. They negatively impact my performance on grip events by "bridging" the palm and pads of the fingers promoting the weight to slide down the fingers. If one rips get the extra skin off unless it is a blister (then drain it) and superglue the area where your skin is missing.

EJ is right, I have used new skin and the stone both

good tools, also time. Your hands will toughen

thanks guys will try those

i have the huge callouses under fingers thats interesting you say they negatively impact grip

also is it pretty common to rip the skin of your thumb with blobs?