Kerckhaert Size 1 Horseshoe Bend Video.

JoshW

Using a slipper as a leg pad, that's got to be a first! But hey, whatever works, works! You put some decent movement on that shoe with the, what I call, Iacobucci kinking technique. It's not really the most effective technique, but it can be useful as a tool for beginners to get a feel for how the steel bends. If you plan to move on to bigger and harder horseshoes, you will eventually need to learn how to do the regular kink with the horseshoe on the side of your leg.

• Like 1

Thanks for taking the time to watch and for your opinion! I tried by the side of the leg but no movement atall and eventually tried the technique I used and it seemed to move. I just need some tips on how to use the one by the leg, I also have a st Croix ultra lite to try soon!

Nice job. Iacobucci.....Now there's a name I haven't heard in a while. I ran across some steel the other day that Tim had sent me years ago. His scroll work was awesome.

I glad to see those shoes finally came in! And Good Job!!! I have never tried to kink a shoe like that, but it looks cool, and now thanks to David, I even know what it is called.

That technique felt more natural so il possibly stick to it! thanks everyone. Cost more than it should to buy 4 horseshoes from USA!

Next video will be up soon trying a st Croix!

Nice work!! My brother Stew has done some fairly hard shoes that way. I am thinking like a Diamond PL 000. The guys are right to get to the big stuff will have to move out on the side of the leg. I like it!!!

I never really had any luck with that technique. If you're going to stick with it, you might as well take some hints from the man himself.

• Like 2

That is exactly what I needed to see, I will look into this! got a new video up, technique needs adjusting ofcoarse but it is only the second time I have ever bent a horseshoe.

I never really had any luck with that technique. If you're going to stick with it, you might as well take some hints from the man himself.

David, you have no idea how much different ways of bending horseshoes facinates me. Now I know there are three ways to kink a horseshoe: traditional, unbraced, and this style that I just found out about. Thank you so much for sharing!!! If I may, are there any other kinking styles that you aware of?

Edited by wulfgeat
  • Like 1

David, you have no idea how much different ways of bending horseshoes facinates me. Now I know there are three ways to kink a horseshoe: traditional, unbraced, and this style that I just found out about. Thank you so much for sharing!!! If I may, are there any other kinking styles that you aware of?

Hmm, I can't think of any other "common" way to kink a shoe.

Hmm, I can't think of any other "common" way to kink a shoe.

I laughed. What I meant is could you think of any other kinking methods that are based on a legitimate technique (whether or not very many people do it is a moot point to me). What your answer made me think of was the "technique" that Mike Rinderle describes in the Hammering Horseshoes DVD. The one where this guy braced his elbow against his thigh, and rammed the horseshoe legs open. As you rightly ascertained, I certainly wasn't talking about dumb stuff like that! I appreciate however, you giving my question consideration.

I have spent so much time trying to figure out how the Mighty Atom turned a Horseshoe into a "W" and how Chris Rider paper clips a shoe (I still have no idea about either), that I have sort of forgotten to make sure that when I ask a question, people know that I am just curious to know whatever esoteric information they may possess. My thought is: That might be cool to try, if I knew it existed. As soon as I found out about the unbraced technique for kinking a shoe, I grabbed the nearest SCF Ultra Lite rim #2 and gave it a go. It was easy to do with my left as the action hand, but not the other way (my left is my weaker arm, and seemed to have much more trouble anchoring the shoe). That was also the first time I hearted a shoe: Good times.

I know Mr Glass used to kneel down and kink them in the crook of his leg.

I have actually seen videos of him doing that! I think I saw somewhere he was discussing two different kinking techniques: Vertical and Horizontal. I don't remember where (I may just be imagining that) but I have always wondered if that technique is what he meant by the term: Horizontal style kink (if indeed he used that term). I have also seen Sonny Barry do something similar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9qHWdY2VvY

Skip to 4:25 to see the horseshoe bend

I am curious if that is a legit technique that can be used on all shoes, or does it work better on bigger shoes, or does it just depend on the person. Once again, I am just asking because I want to know, and just like the kink technique that Josh is using, I think it might be cool to try when I understand it a little better (As soon as this Pinched nerve/tendonitis/I have no *&%$ing Idea goes away in my upper back).

Edited by wulfgeat