Detroit Training Day

Andrew P

I'm planning to have a training day to go over the Nationals events next weekend Sunday the 12th. Everyones invited. Nothing to serious but I want to hit all the events in order and get a good idea of my openers. I can set up about 90% of the medley with the gear I've got. I'm missing a grip machine and I'll have to subsitute a few items but it will be close. For the wrist roller I'm thinking of dragging the power rack outside and hooking it to my sled.

• Like 1

Awesome!!!!! You can count me in 100%, I can't wait. Great idea.

What time do you want to start I'll be home all day?

What time do you want to start I'll be home all day?

I'm off that day too. I know you don't like to workout to early in am. so I'm good for any time that works out for you, just let me know and I'll be there.

Then again maybe we should just start around 10am since that's the starting time at nationals. Might as well replicate the event conditions as much as possible.

• Like 1

10am sounds like a plan to me.

10am sounds like a plan to me.

awesome! I'll be there brother!

• Like 1

This is awesome guys! It's gonna help you all with your performance. Get video!!!

• Like 1

Thanks Jake, Darrin, Ross, and Justice for making that a fun training day. That being said Jake and myself want another run at that medley before nationals so I'm thinking of doing this again on a Saturday morning. I'm thinking the 2nd or 9th of May. I'm open to imput also.

Thanks Jake, Darrin, Ross, and Justice for making that a fun training day. That being said Jake and myself want another run at that medley before nationals so I'm thinking of doing this again on a Saturday morning. I'm thinking the 2nd or 9th of May. I'm open to imput also.

Thank you Andrew. I think that was a great practice run for nationals, besides me re-slicing my hand on the 2HP. I think it's hard to estimate what types of numbers we'd be lifting in a competiton setting when we are going by what we usually lift when we are fresh and not necessarily thinking about the fatigue factor. So with that being said I think these practice competitons will give us a way better idea of what implements we should attempt at nationals instead of wasting valuable seconds on the medley and costing us points. But then again a little friendly competion with multiple people always brings out the best in our performances with the added strength from alll the adrenalin. This also helps decide what poundage we want to go for each attempt instead of us over/under estimating.

As far as what day to do next practice, any one of those days will work for me just keep me posted bro.

• Like 1

I'm leaning towards the 9th.

Hi guys May 9th is a go for another training day. I've got Jake and Dave coming out I'm thinking the same thing as last time. Hit the events, have some fun and hang out. All are welcome whether or not your going to Nationals.

That would be sweet.

• 2 weeks later...

We should start lifting about 10am but all are welcome to come early if you want. Jake can you bring the Rolling thunder and 10lb hammer again.

• Like 1

We should start lifting about 10am but all are welcome to come early if you want. Jake can you bring the Rolling thunder and 10lb hammer again.

Not a problem Andrew I'll bring them both and my loading pin, let me know if theirs anything else you man need.

Thanks guys for a great training day. That was a lot of fun getting everyone together. Rob was able to kill a bastard after running the nationals events and Frank took down a Big Bastard easily.