2015 North American Nationals Events

andurniat

Date: Saturday, June 6. 10am start

Events:

1) competition grippers, 20mm block set, both hands, 4 attempts

2) max 2hp, 4 attempts

3) DO axle deadlift, max weight, 4 attempts

4) wrist roller, 2" diameter, no knurling, fishing pole will pull a sled for distance, video to come soon.

5) medley, 60 sec time lift. We will have 12 identical items, one heavy and one lighter, you can attempt either but will only be scored for one. Scoring will be 1.0 for the heavier item, 0.5 for the lighter item. In the case of a tie, the faster time will be rewarded an additional 0.25 points.

Medley items:

- 2-45s or 2-35s

- InchDB or Gracie DB

- 100stamp Blob or blob (40#)

- Sorinex Saxon bar @ 205# or Sorinex Saxon bar @ 165#

- Sorinex Anvil Horn @ 170# or Sorinex Anvil Horn @ 130#

- Hampton 45 by hub or Hampton 35 by hub

- Slim lever off the ground @ 12# or Slim lever off the ground @ 8#

- Sledge lever to nose @ 16# or sledge lever to nose @ 10#

- Sorinex Pop's grip machine @ 180# or Sorinex Pop's grip machine @ 135# (both hands used in alternating grip)

- 5-tens or 4-tens

- Tips tester @ weights to be determined

- Rolling Thunder @ 200# or Rolling Thunder @ 160#

I will get an entry form posted once my computer is back up and running.

• Like 12

Awesome. I'm going to do everything I can to make it this year. My ankle is much better now.

Date?

The date is at the top, June 6th.

I knew I was losing my hearing - thought I could still see - guess not :)

Andrew, is that going to be a new model Rolling Thunder? Thanks.

do you know what brand of hub the 45# will be?

also, for the medley. are we able to try both the heavier and lighter versions or do we pick one and that's that?

Rolling thunder will be the new model. not out of the package new, but the new model.

Both 45 and 35 hubs will be Hampton's as listed.

Wrist roller will be knuckles coming towards you

For the medley, you can attempt either item as many times as you wish. Only the highest scoring item is recorded within the 60sec. time limit. Example: If you lift the 35# hub(0.5 points) and then choose to go for the 45 hub (1.0) and are successful you get a score of (1.0 point). There will be no additional points awarded for the lighter item in the above example. Likewise, you can attempt the heavier and fail and then successfully lift the lighter and be rewarded with (0.5 points). You can go in any order you wish and can go back to missed/skipped items as long as it falls within the 60 second time limit.

• Like 1

Will the wrist roller be the exact same one that was used in 2013? I had trouble maintaining my grip (as did a few others). If it is the same, can anyone provide suggestions for ensuring a good grip? Lots of chalk? A little chalk? No chalk? I regret not having tested the apparatus before it was go-time.

Will the wrist roller be the exact same one that was used in 2013? I had trouble maintaining my grip (as did a few others). If it is the same, can anyone provide suggestions for ensuring a good grip? Lots of chalk? A little chalk? No chalk? I regret not having tested the apparatus before it was go-time.

It will be the same wrist roller.

This Medley is going to be AWESOME. Best format I can think of, in my opinion. Thank you, Andrew for innovating this.

• Like 1

Here's a video of the 2013 Wrist Roller in case anyone wants to see it.

Eric, I watched your attempt on the highlight video to see if I could see something technique wise. The only thing that jumped out at me was that you started out really narrow. The other guys who motored through it were a few inches wider. It also looked like your elbows were flared out big time, throughout the attempt. I'm just guessing, but it would seem like that would burn out your rotator cuffs and delts too quickly. Tucking the elbows more, like Brent does immediately after you would keep the movement more efficient, because your lats would be doing more of the work, proportionally speaking. Just my opinion. Everythings got a technique to it.

As far as chalk, I don't think I used much. For plastic, like the wrist roller and RT, you don't want a lot of chalk.

The Medley is after the wrist roller - this will be fun :).

The Medley is after the wrist roller - this will be fun :).

Historically, medley's have done little to the overall standings. I wish to find the strongest and longest lasting grip, while keeping the scoring tight to the end. Wrist roller points scale will be very similar to the medley, still ironing it out.

Thanks for the tips, Jedd. I really appreciate them. I'll try different techniques in my wrist-roller training.

Really trying to attend this year, that video of the wrist roller got me so freaking pumped! I think having the Medley the way it is will be great to compete in and watch. It's definitely the most entertaining.

• Like 2

Andrew, do you know the average time frame were looking at for the wrist roller event ? Hoping its not under 10 seconds again. Id love to see it more endurance and strength based rather than speed this time. Thanks !

Edited by kodyburns
  • Like 1