Garage Grip Days In Germany. Marco And Janine

MarcoBuhl

New PR in today's training routine.

I did some Rolling Thunder, Pinches and Grip Topz work.
The loud music of AC/DC pushed me to 30,3Kg Shallow Hub! :)

... and i need more weight. Have to buy another 20kg plate. My loading pin is full :ninja:

Shallow Hub

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S4reTL9BHA

Pinch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbyJEEc32XQ

• Like 2

hell yea.. nothing like AC/DC to push the motivation up... very strong pinching - have you tried a euro device??

Thank you guys. I have tried so often 30Kg on the Hub. It was always between 29 and 29,7.

Since i have started with grip topz, i still don't know exactly how to train for. From week to week the weight goes up and down. I do grip topz training twice a week. Low and high volume.

Never tried the euro pinch setup. But i think it's much harder.

Yes: loud music means more plates on the loading pin :-)

Today it was cold - but me and my girlfriend hit both new personal records.
Janine is on the run and finally hit the 14 Kg mark. I'm very proud of her because she has trained hard the last few month.
i'm happy about my 20kg penny lift, because when i started with grip topz - one goal was 20Kg on half a penny :-)

Half a Penny 20.4 Kg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os4sVkmTEsQ

Shallow Hub 14 Kg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4EjvkbBWwU

• 1 month later...

I take Juha's Challenge to restard Gripper Training. I haven't taining with grippers for a few month. Last summer i could TNS a #3 for 4 times.

At this moment it's too hard for me to mms a #3. :angry2:

My goal is to Cert the #3 until summer 2014.

My actually beginners training routine: (I'm doing this routine until i can TNS the 2,5 for 6 times with every hand)

Both Hands:

- warming up with S and T.

- 10 x #1 TNS

- 10 x #1 TNS

- 5 x #2 TNS

- 5 x #2 TNS

- as much as i can #2,5 2cmSet

- as much as i can #2,5 2cmSet

- as much as i can #2,5 TNS

- 10x #2 2cmSet

- 30x #1 2cmSet

- 50x T 2cmSet

i'm doing this 4 or 5 times a week. Hope i can change to negatives and 1RM with 3,5 and 3 in february.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I have increased my grip strength in wrist and thickbar:

45lbs plate curls:

Fat Gripz Extreme Double Overhand Deadlift 140 Kg / 309 lb

The plate curls are not as strict as they should be but i'm very proud of that feat. It was a long way to get there.

... but i'm still fighting with my blobs :shuriken:

• Like 1

Strong stuff Marco! Both the Extreme AND the plate curl! Wow. You also have 30mm plates I see?

Edited by Geralt

Thank you, guys!

Geralt, yes i have mostly 30mm plates. They are from my early years when i started with weight training at home. I have two 15Kg olympic plates, too. Of course i'm dreaming of Eleiko / Ivanko plates :sorcerer::grin:

At all: Are there any rules for plate curls? Is it allowed touching the body with the elbow? When is it called a "strict curl" ? Curling without swinging?

Edited by MarcoBuhl
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

i have achieved my first lifetime goal: 10 x 100Kg oldschool Rolling Thunder. :mosher

Now my focus is on pinch and -> "i hope" on gripper.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

here is my first Video Where i'm dominating MY inch. My inch is harder than the inch we are using on grip competitions. So i'm very happy with it!

• Like 5

Great work!

Why is your Inch harder?

Thank you, Florian. I have to correct: I think that my inch is harder to lift. My inch has a smooth surface and i think she ;) weighs a little bit more. In the last two years, whenever i tried to lift this dumbbell, i couldn't get more than 2 or 3 reps. Or it was adrenaline at the contest. :)

I talked about that with gabriel. He said, that his dumbbell is also harder to lift.

But these are little things. If you are able to lift ANY inch, you have one of the strongest hands on Earth. That's a fact.