Project Mm6

acorn

Aaron - glad you are feeling better. I hope your health continues to improve with the Mg soaks and such. I'm still hoping we can put a comp together in the Fall if our schedules/health allow it.

Yes that would be fun. Would love to get together as it has already been too long.

Squeezed some light grippers last night on the way home from work. Was focusing on explosive as possible close followed by slow open.

RH 3x 4-5reps x #2

LH 3x 5 reps #1.5

Squeezed some light grippers last night on the way home from work. Was focusing on explosive as possible close followed by slow open.

RH 3x 4-5reps x #2

LH 3x 5 reps #1.5

More of this same thing on the way home last night. The slow eccentric just wipes me out. Not even super slow. Maybe like 2-3 sec to open to wide set range. Suprisingly a little sore today even.

RH 4x 5-6 reps x #2

LH 4x 5-6 reps x #1.5

Edited by acorn

• 2 weeks later...

Trained a bit yesterday. Sore as heck today

Sunday 7/27

Squats

10x135

2x5x180#

Grippers

10x#T, 10x#1, 5x#2

RH 3xEasy #3, 2x GHP7, 0x 169# #3.5 (Not even close)

LH 2xEasy #3, 0x 154# #3 (Not even close)

Horseshoes

Attempt on StCroix Lite 3 - no movement.

1x St. Croix polo #2 past 180deg but could not heart.

Isos with Lite 2 at 90deg and polo #1 past 180

KB presses 16Kg x 8 Each arm

KB curls, and sledge front levers

Lots of stretching.

Had more planned but had to stop in the middle of the shoes to try unsuccessfully to get baby back to sleep for nap. Lost motivation after that.

- Aaron

Aaron, you are a strong guy. However, I notice you also have very big gaps between your good and 'less good' sessions, if you know what I mean. In short time you rocketed up to 3.5 level again and latest session you say you had trouble with a gripper around 169lbs, despite having a reasonable long rest period in between. I know that 'restperiod' is a relative understanding since we all have kids, work etc. But to what do you contribute this big differences? I find I have difficulty in feeling whether or not I am good to go after 5 or 6 days rest. When I find out a certain gripper session is not going to be the best I mostly am halfway already and have gassed out most power. So I need some more days rest again. I feel that is not the most economic way for optimal recovery.

Aaron, you are a strong guy. However, I notice you also have very big gaps between your good and 'less good' sessions, if you know what I mean. In short time you rocketed up to 3.5 level again and latest session you say you had trouble with a gripper around 169lbs, despite having a reasonable long rest period in between. I know that 'restperiod' is a relative understanding since we all have kids, work etc. But to what do you contribute this big differences? I find I have difficulty in feeling whether or not I am good to go after 5 or 6 days rest. When I find out a certain gripper session is not going to be the best I mostly am halfway already and have gassed out most power. So I need some more days rest again. I feel that is not the most economic way for optimal recovery.

Geralt, thanks for the question. I am not exactly sure what is going on. I have been having some unexplained troubles with my body for some time. I think whatever is the cause is affecting not only my pain levels, but also my fatigue levels and ability to create muscular force and recovery. All these seem to have quite a bit of fluctuation and it is not at all normal. Some days I have low pain levels and am able to have a decent power output but mostly it is variable without explanation. In the last year I've had times where I was unable to close a #1 gripper for example when my normal levels at the time had been above #3.5, then next workout maybe a #2 would go, etc. It is so highly frustrating that I often consider just giving up on training until whatever this is is figured out.

- Aaron

Geralt, thanks for the question. I am not exactly sure what is going on. I have been having some unexplained troubles with my body for some time. I think whatever is the cause is affecting not only my pain levels, but also my fatigue levels and ability to create muscular force and recovery. All these seem to have quite a bit of fluctuation and it is not at all normal. Some days I have low pain levels and am able to have a decent power output but mostly it is variable without explanation. In the last year I've had times where I was unable to close a #1 gripper for example when my normal levels at the time had been above #3.5, then next workout maybe a #2 would go, etc. It is so highly frustrating that I often consider just giving up on training until whatever this is is figured out.

- Aaron

Check. That's very unsatisfying indeed! There could be so many things playing a role in this, body compostion in relation to neural pathways through your body, etc. Food perhaps? I hope you can address this sooner or later. Only thing I can say is keep nagging your doctors/therapists with this. I experience that I am also all over the place with my strength but I do not experience pain. Currently I do however but that's an injury that can be pinpointed for a bit. Sounds like your situation is a bit more complex.

Hmm. I have quit understanding my body in ways of recovery and currently I am bit confused on what works and what doesn't. Talked about it on PM with some buddies and I hope I can sort this out. Mostly my gripperstrength goes every which way. I have been CCS-ing my #3's and have a hard time recovering enough to blast through my 170lbs plateau and CCS strength. Very frustrating when you see a lot of guys having almost linear progress all the time. Everyone's different and all but when training balls out - and everything in between - one does want to see some progress at some point and no endless sessions whistling the same tunes.

You mentioned very big strength variances btw. Very very strange the way you describe that. I have a hard time figuring it out what that could be dude. Hope you will find the answer somewhere.

Very strange indeed. My concern is that I may have the beginnings of Fibromyalgia. Pretty much all of the symptoms fit. It's hard to diagnose though and I am working too much OT lately to get to the doctor very often. The Magnesium and potassium supplementation has helped quite a bit with the overall body pain and my doc says he usually sees that with his fibro patients as well. Heading to Doctor today to get my neck looked at as it and my upper back have been seized up since Sunday as well as it is affecting my Left arm and shoulder. Only have a few degrees of movement for my head right now and had to pick my head up by the hair last night to move it in the night because I couldn't lift it. Yuck!

Got a chiro appt scheduled for Friday as well and hopefully the doc can give me some stronger muscle relaxers to get this loosened up some before then.

- Aaron

I had to look that up. That goes beyond my book man. I hope it will turn out for the better Aaron...very sorry to hear this.

Aaron, I hope that through the strong body you have built there is relief some how, some way. It has to help to be strong and you're one of the strongest guys I know. I hope you get some answers and relief.

• Like 1

Holy crap Aaron! I really hope it's not that. Wishes & prayers going out to you for a good prognosis/recovery.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. I really do appreciate the well wishes.

I got some xrays on my upper back and neck yesterday but have not heard back anything yet. Also was prescribed some stronger muscle relaxers and that seems to be helping my neck regain some movement. Having to be extra thoughtful at work though as a result.

- Aaron

Very strange indeed. My concern is that I may have the beginnings of Fibromyalgia. Pretty much all of the symptoms fit. It's hard to diagnose though and I am working too much OT lately to get to the doctor very often. The Magnesium and potassium supplementation has helped quite a bit with the overall body pain and my doc says he usually sees that with his fibro patients as well. Heading to Doctor today to get my neck looked at as it and my upper back have been seized up since Sunday as well as it is affecting my Left arm and shoulder. Only have a few degrees of movement for my head right now and had to pick my head up by the hair last night to move it in the night because I couldn't lift it. Yuck!

Got a chiro appt scheduled for Friday as well and hopefully the doc can give me some stronger muscle relaxers to get this loosened up some before then.

- Aaron

Sorry to hear this Aaron. I hope everything goes well and its not as serious as you think.

Thanks Guys,

Some updates. Got the results back from the xrays. I've got an issue with the disc at C5-C6 with it thinning and starting to pinch nerves a little bit. As well as old disc compression injury at T8 I was unaware of but has been there since at least 2012 according the doc seeing it on a chest xray from them when comparing to the new one. It has not changed much since then probably since I have not done much squats or DL in that time due to my foot issues for the last 2.5 years. Also they noted other multilevel disc degeneration throughout the thorasic spine as well as the non-existent destroyed L5-S1 Disc. Have had 2 sessions with the chiro in the last week as well as pain killers and muscle relaxers and the neck and back are doing better. He thinks he found the cause of some of the weakness and tingling I have been having off and on. Some kind of impingment of the brachial nerve. Possibly Thorasic outlet syndrome, but not likely a pinch at the nerve root which is good news. In other news I tried a light gripper a couple of days ago and could actually feel my neck compressing uncomfortably in the problem area during the squeeze just from the upper body tension I was creating during the close. So I'm gonna back off on training for a bit til I get the inflammation down more and my neck and upper back are sufficiently settled down. Will be working some rehab exercises I was given.

- Aaron

Ok. sounds like you've got to listen very well to the body now. Difficult diagnosing these kind of problems man. Good chiro's and a good doc are worth their weight in gold. Maybe in time you can start up training again...so many levels and forms you can do exercises. You'll be back! I am training now with a trap bar by the way for DL's. I don't give a sh.t for what criticasters say but I think it's one hell of a good investment. I can train heavy but notice the MUCH better feeling in my lower back. Who cares what exc. are best in certain books. It's what feels best for the body and makes you stronger.

• Like 1

Thanks Guys,

Some updates. Got the results back from the xrays. I've got an issue with the disc at C5-C6 with it thinning and starting to pinch nerves a little bit. As well as old disc compression injury at T8 I was unaware of but has been there since at least 2012 according the doc seeing it on a chest xray from them when comparing to the new one. It has not changed much since then probably since I have not done much squats or DL in that time due to my foot issues for the last 2.5 years. Also they noted other multilevel disc degeneration throughout the thorasic spine as well as the non-existent destroyed L5-S1 Disc. Have had 2 sessions with the chiro in the last week as well as pain killers and muscle relaxers and the neck and back are doing better. He thinks he found the cause of some of the weakness and tingling I have been having off and on. Some kind of impingment of the brachial nerve. Possibly Thorasic outlet syndrome, but not likely a pinch at the nerve root which is good news. In other news I tried a light gripper a couple of days ago and could actually feel my neck compressing uncomfortably in the problem area during the squeeze just from the upper body tension I was creating during the close. So I'm gonna back off on training for a bit til I get the inflammation down more and my neck and upper back are sufficiently settled down. Will be working some rehab exercises I was given.

- Aaron

Good luck on everything. Take it a day at a time

Hi Aaron - glad to hear it may not be FM, and you're on the path to recovery.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tried to train for the first time in awhile last night. So weak I'm sad and embarassed to even post it but I will.

20x BW squats

Grippers

#Tx10 BH

RH #1x7, #2x3, #1x5

LH #1x5, #2x1, #1x5

FBBC 2" crusher DL

RH 110# 5sec x2

LH 110# 3sec x2

25# plate strict curl

9x each hand

2HP Euro @ 54mm

45Kg x 5

2x 10# plate 1H pinch hold

RH 2x 30sec

LH 2x 30sec

3x 10# plate 1H pinch hold

25sec each hand.

- Aaron

• Like 1

You're never weak. Just off times.

Thanks for the support buddy.

Its just the all over the map levels that make it challenging and concerning.

did some grippers yesterday and pinch today. will post later when not holding a squirmy 1yr old.

- Aaron

• Like 1

Yesterday morning was one of those times it just felt like there was no nerve fire. So I tried some grippers. Could barely close the Trainer and only get the #1 to about 1/4" RH. LH was similar. Tried again later in the day when I was feeling better and it went better.

Saturday 8/23

BW squats x 20

#T x 15, #1x10, #2x5

RH, Easy3 x3, Filed Hard #3 x 1 missed full close by about 1/16, !69# #3.5 x1, 2x Prototype Accentuated Eccentric tool SE spring - eccentrics, #2x 5

LH Easy #3x1, 2x #1x 5 with 1sec grind at close + slow ecc phase, 3x #2x 5 same as last set.

Sunday 8/24

20x Squats with 25# baby in 1 arm (10 each side with switch at 10 reps)

2HP Euro @ 54mm

7x 45Kg (did not set down)

5x50Kg

3x 65Kg

3x3x 85Kg

2" Crusher revolving handle

LH 6x110

RH 6x110

25# plate curl

10x Each hand

3x 10# plate pinch hold

40sec - Each hand

- Ab work

- Pushups

- Shoulder rehab

- SLDL with 25# Giggling baby x 20

Edited by acorn

Grippers this morning while waiting at home for workman.

8/26/2014

Grippers

#Tx10, #1x10, #2x5

RH Easy #3x3, GHP7x2, Filed Hard #3 x1, 169# #3.5 miss by hair, GHP7 x1, 4x Prototype Accentuated Eccentric tool SE spring - eccentrics, rest 30min, Descending Ladder set #2x3->#1x3->#Tx3 - with 3sec grind at close + slow ecc phase (each rep 10sec total) with gripper re-set at end to start next)

LH 2x Easy #3x2, #2 x 3 with 3sec grind at close + slow ecc phase (each rep 10sec total with gripper re-set at end to start next), #2x5 with 1sec grind and slow ecc phase ( total time for 5 reps - 30sec)

Ring - Pinky 1.5" vbar hold in front for time. 30sec each hand ~ 10K

Hands feeling a bit smoked now.

Seem to be getting your groove back Aaron.

Yes the groove is coming back. This is great news!

• Like 1