DB Rev Lunges

2 x 8 x 25

DB RDL

2 x 10 x 50

Ab Rotation

2 x 12

clustered a bunch of this together

How did you like the earthquake bar?

It's a nice change of pace. Can feel the small stabilizers get a little PUMP! It's not a real earthquake bar, which I'm pretty sure doesn't matter at all. Just a pvc pipe, then hang plates off it with bands.

Sumo Deadlift

2 x 475

2 x 500

2 x 525

6 x 550 - alt grip, belt. tore both calluses though, lame, gotta set that grip better

550 reps 1-3 550 reps 3-6

You know that your reps look tough when the cameraman stops recording after rep 3 because surely you can't do more... little did he know I was only half way done! The old saying "make every rep look the same"... I take that to the extreme and every rep looks like a max effort.

Barbell Row

3 x 8 x 225 - had to belt up

SLDL

2 x 10 x 225 - slow eccentric, no belt

Band Pull Aparts

2 x 15

Edited by strongman1

About 2 years ago I set a goal to drop some weight to get within range of the 231 class. At that time I was up to about 279. This morning I was 249, so pretty happy about that. Probably could cut from here, but I'd rather cut from 243 or about a 5% cut. Ideally I'd like to go down to about 239, then in the last 8 weeks before a comp I could be in a calorie surplus and gain about 1 lb every 2 weeks up to 243, then cut water.

Someone has to compete at 231 after all, since Moeller will be a 200 lb'er :wub:

About 2 years ago I set a goal to drop some weight to get within range of the 231 class. At that time I was up to about 279. This morning I was 249, so pretty happy about that. Probably could cut from here, but I'd rather cut from 243 or about a 5% cut. Ideally I'd like to go down to about 239, then in the last 8 weeks before a comp I could be in a calorie surplus and gain about 1 lb every 2 weeks up to 243, then cut water.

Someone has to compete at 231 after all, since Moeller will be a 200 lb'er :wub:

Oh my stars! :santa: Looks like we're all LIGHTWEIGHTS! Next you'll be doing a bodybuilding show, just watch ;)

Oh my stars! :santa: Looks like we're all LIGHTWEIGHTS! Next you'll be doing a bodybuilding show, just watch ;)

This is where bodybuilding falls into the priority list:

strongman, powerlifting, grip, olympic lifting, highland games, mma, pole fitness, mas wrestling, bodybuilding, crossfit. It'll take me a while to get to bodybuilding :grin:

This is where bodybuilding falls into the priority list:

strongman, powerlifting, grip, olympic lifting, highland games, mma, pole fitness, mas wrestling, bodybuilding, crossfit. It'll take me a while to get to bodybuilding :grin:

Sumo looks really good. Although, your lifts always look good -- technically sound. Can't believe the reps you're pumping out. I don't know if your back can handle it but if you did some of the high rack pulls (like Matt's doing) I'm willing to bet your dead will go up quite a bit. Just seems like you need to get used to some heavier weights.

That's impressive progress on the weight loss along with maintaining/gaining strength! Whatever you're doing is obviously working!

You forgot gymnastics, bass fishing, and all-male hot-bikram yoga. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

gotta catch up the log a bit

3/9/15 - Mon

@ the Elite FTS compound in Columbus. Pretty legendary gym. Only got in because I was with Marshall.

Bench

3 x 365 - really 2, had a little help on the 3rd

add slingshot

5 x 365

Cable Row

5 sets of 10 up to 270

DB Bench

1 set @ 125

had to run, get back to the Arnold

---------------------------

3/11/16 - Wed

Sumo Deadlift

7 x 3 x 405

Snatch Grip Deadlift

2 x 8 x 315

1 x 10 x 315 - straps

Edited by strongman1

3/13/15 - Friday

Board Press

3 board

3 x 320

3 x 370

3 x 390 - forgot if I got 2 or 3. last rep had a little help

DB Bench

3 x 5 x 122.5

Some other asst stuff.

3/15/15 - Sun

Rackable Cambered Bar Squat

2 x 3 x 365

DB Bulgarian Split Squats

2 x 10 x 35s

Abs

Been avoiding squatting, last time it bothered my back for a while. Trying to work a little back in.

3/18/15 - Wed

Sumo Deadlift

1 x 495

1 x 545

3 x 585 - this could be a real PR. Been so long since I've done heavy sumo. A really long time ago I did 2 x 600.

alt grip, belt

Snatch Grip Deadlift

3 x 8 x 335 - DO grip

Ab Wheel

1 x 15

Ab Rotation

3 x 15

Planks

front 2 x 45 x 30s - plate on back

side 1 x BW x 30s

Good deadlift day. Haven't went this heavy since last summer, when I did conventional 1 x 585 and 3 x 575. Could be a bodyweight PR, if that was a real thing! BW was 247 this morning.

Edited by strongman1

Sumo looks really good. Although, your lifts always look good -- technically sound. Can't believe the reps you're pumping out. I don't know if your back can handle it but if you did some of the high rack pulls (like Matt's doing) I'm willing to bet your dead will go up quite a bit. Just seems like you need to get used to some heavier weights.

That's impressive progress on the weight loss along with maintaining/gaining strength! Whatever you're doing is obviously working!

You forgot gymnastics, bass fishing, and all-male hot-bikram yoga. ;)

Mike, thanks for the tip! I'll try to work in some high rack pulls. I'm honestly a little scared to try, need to work up the guts and just do it. You thinking below or above the knee?

I saw you had Matt doing some snatch grip as well, so I've done those the last 2 weeks, which is just fine on the back. Definitely feel those in the upper back and haven't even gone heavy with them.

3/18/15 - Wed

Sumo Deadlift

1 x 495

1 x 545

3 x 585 - this could be a real PR. Been so long since I've done heavy sumo. A really long time ago I did 2 x 600.

alt grip, belt

Snatch Grip Deadlift

3 x 8 x 335 - DO grip

Ab Wheel

1 x 15

Ab Rotation

3 x 15

Planks

front 2 x 45 x 30s - plate on back

side 1 x BW x 30s

Good deadlift day. Haven't went this heavy since last summer, when I did conventional 1 x 585 and 3 x 575. Could be a bodyweight PR, if that was a real thing! BW was 247 this morning.

Awesome stuff Kelly!!!

Thanks Matt!

3/20/15 - Fri

Slingshot Bench

1 x 2 x 370

3 x 5 x 370

Strict Press

135, 185 - trying some grip stuff

DB Row

5 x 122.5

15 x 150 - no straps

Band Curls

Band Pull Aparts

'

3/22/15 - Sun

Safety Squat

3 x 8 x 280

using Jason's method, which I'd describe as a combination of wide stance squat and good morning

DB Bulgarian Split Squat

3 x 8 x 35s

DB Rev Fly

3 x 12 x 35

Ab Rotation

3 x 15

Plank

front 60s, 45s - got surprisingly hard. tired or core is weak

side 30s

lot of stretching

above the knee for sure. Get you legs under it. shouldn't bother you back if high enough but the overload will do wonders.

snatch grip is great for helping your back as well. Can you get vid?

If you go wide-stance squat, your back angle should be almost constant (taking tension off the lower back and putting onto the hips)

• 4 weeks later...

above the knee for sure. Get you legs under it. shouldn't bother you back if high enough but the overload will do wonders.

snatch grip is great for helping your back as well. Can you get vid?

If you go wide-stance squat, your back angle should be almost constant (taking tension off the lower back and putting onto the hips)

Thanks Mike. I'll find a way to work this in. Haven't yet because my back got a little crazy for a bit, but trying to turn that around.

Next time I do snatch grip I'll get a vid.

Have been training, but too busy to log. Getting back to it now.

Experimenting with the thought that bench is making my back worse. Last two weeks I've benched while holding my feet up. Sucks with no leg drive. Also adding in more core work.

4/15/15 - Wed

Sumo Deadlift

10 x 515 - alt grip, belt

Some asst stuff, core.

4/17/15 - Fri

Bench - feet in air

1 x 320

1 x 340 - with shoulder saver, roughly 2-3 board

3 x 330 - shoulder saver

DB Bench - feet in air

elbows in

3 x 8 x 100

DB Row

1 x 12 x 150

2 x 18 x 150

Ab Wheel

Cable Ab Pulldown

Ab Rotation

Band Pull Aparts

Band Curls

4/19/15 - Sun

Cambered Bar Squat

5 x 3 plates

DB Bulgarian Split Squats

3 x 8 x 60s - each leg

Cable Ab Pulldown

Ab Rotation

New material to creep on! :) When do you deadlift now by the way?

Wednesday nights, fella!

4/22/15 - Wed

Sumo Deadlift

3 x 495

Snatch Grip Deadlift

1 x 3 x 315

3 x 10 x 225

Ab Wheel / Ab Rotation

3 x 10 / 3 x 15

Pullups

2 x 8 - slower negatives

Cable Ab Pulldown

1 x 15 x 90

Crappy. The trip from 249 to 239 BW is starting to suck. At about 242 now.

4/24/15 - Fri

Bench - feet in air

3 x 280

1 x 300

1 x 320

1 x 330

4 x 5 x 280 - paused - with shoulder saver

DB Row

1 x 20 x 150 - no straps

Cable Ab Pulldown

1 x 20 x 90

Band Face Pull

3 x 10

Band Pull Apart

3 x 20

DB Hammer Curls

1 x 8 x 35

2 x 8 x 50

Ab Wheel

2 x 10

Band Ab Rotation

2 x 15

4/26/15 - Sun

Squat

3 x 430

Bulgarian Split squat

each side

2 x 8 x 60s

1 x 8 x 75s

RDLs

light DB and BB stuff

Band Pull Aparts

Ab Wheel

2 x 15

Testing the back with squats after benching with my feet up for the last 3 weeks. Better, not great, but a noticeable improvement. Now just need to figure out how to bench.

How's the back feeling after the squats?

Not great, but not worse either. Probably can keep going.

4/29/15 - Wed

Banded Sumo Deadlift

+orange bands

4 x 5 x 405

Snatch Grip Deadlift

2 x 8 x 315

1 x 8 x 335 - video

Chest Supported Rev DB Fly

3 x 12 x 25

Ab Wheel / Ab Rotation

2 x 15 / 2 x 15

Cable Ab Pulldown