2.5 Lb Plate....broken In Half?

jvance

A guy at the gym said he knew someone who could do this. Of course I was skeptical and wanted to see a video - which was provided. As far as I could tell from watching it one time from a smartphone - it looked legitimate. The plate didn't break quite in the center - maybe about 2 or so inches offset. It looked like he attacked it the same way one would finish a tough horseshoe - between the legs. Has anyone else heard of or done such a feat??? Apparently this dude is a powerlifter- but I don't anything else about him. It was a freaky feat for sure though!

A guy at the gym said he knew someone who could do this. Of course I was skeptical and wanted to see a video - which was provided. As far as I could tell from watching it one time from a smartphone - it looked legitimate. The plate didn't break quite in the center - maybe about 2 or so inches offset. It looked like he attacked it the same way one would finish a tough horseshoe - between the legs. Has anyone else heard of or done such a feat??? Apparently this dude is a powerlifter- but I don't anything else about him. It was a freaky feat for sure though!

Can you get the link to the video? Sounds freaky as hell.

(Caveat : A ton of my small plates have hairline cracks in them, so even if this guy is starting with an uncracked one I don't know exactly what this feat signifies.)

Can you get the link to the video? Sounds freaky as hell.

(Caveat : A ton of my small plates have hairline cracks in them, so even if this guy is starting with an uncracked one I don't know exactly what this feat signifies.)

Never got the link to the video. Sorry... I certainly didn't get a good look at the plate before it was snapped in half. Certainly could've been manipulated. But if it was legit, it's a very respectable feat.

Edited by jvance
  • Like 1

If the cast iron was weak/brittle, it's certainly possible.

Lots of dudes who train Iron Fist, or Yong Qi Gong can do things like this. I think Mike Gillette has also learned how to explode bricks. People who are good at this can pick which brick in a stack of 10 will explode when they hit the top one.

Lots of dudes who train Iron Fist, or Yong Qi Gong can do things like this. I think Mike Gillette has also learned how to explode bricks. People who are good at this can pick which brick in a stack of 10 will explode when they hit the top one.

that is easy for Van Damme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1D6sQ1UR9o

• Like 1

Best. Movie. Eveeeerrrrr.

so good that he made very identical movies throughout his career: Lionheart, Kick boxer, the quest..........