Any Takers On The #4 Ccs Cert? 500.00 Prize

1stCoC

By "non strapped", does it mean it was mixed grip? Or DO hook grip? Or DO no hook!? Because the latter would be unbelievable.

You are right. He does not use a hook but the the grip was reverse (not doh) on a VERY flexible kind of smooth bar. (He does all his lifting raw and when he pulled on that bar it bent 6-8" before it just flew off the ground!RS

• 3 weeks later...

Ok long story short I will be in SC to view this i had surgery last week on hernia's and was suppose to go to Hawaii for 3 weeks for work on Sat....but I'm not ...can't wait!

Where is Paul Savage anyways? He closed an HG500 a while back he might be able to cert on the #4.
This is paul (does not let me sign in on steves computer)

Personally not interested in this one, 500 dollars would make for a loss in money due to flying over, but even if this was not the case, it's not enough time, i have not done any credit card set closes for months an still have a bruised palm. I would need to rest my palm for a couple more weeks then a 10-12 week training cycle just to be sure of an average #4 with a normal size spread. For the #4 cert i would fully expect to get a gripper around 4.3 with a spread of at least 3", so it's not happening yet an im not at all bothered about being the first guy to do it either. Ive also got plans for 3 strongman comps this year so all my efforts are working on winning those + i have other grip goals an dont plan on using ironmind grippers for a good while.

Good luck to rich williams, mark henry, brian shaw or whoever is planing to cert.

Where is Paul Savage anyways? He closed an HG500 a while back he might be able to cert on the #4.

Try and keep up. :blink

lol sorry guys I saw that a while after that post. Sorry for skimming over the topic :blush

Richard, this is a tremendous offer. Unfortunately, I am no where near ready to cert on either of these grippers at this time, otherwise I would fly down. I still want to give the grip gauntlet a try too.

I think it will be some fun Jed you are always an honored, welcomed guest! If Andrew is successful with the 3.5 he will go home 250.00 richer for the effort as well. I was told that plans are in motion to have an on main stage a "Grip Super Challenge" at the worlds largest strength show The Arnold' Classic in Macch 2010. I will be working on the competitor list and equipment. There might be enough willing competitors for a 2" axle double overhand deadlift. Rich said he is looking at possibly 525. I never have known Andrew to be any less than "dead game" so, it might be quite a happening "Wee Tex" ( he only weighs 355 now) will be in the mix as well. RS

To clarify there will be axle deadlifts a part of our open house Sat. AND at the Arnolds. RS

To clarify there will be axle deadlifts a part of our open house Sat. AND at the Arnolds. RS

I haven't done any for a while, but I'll be willing to go DO Axle for fun against anyone who shows up Saturday who weighs less than Andrew; let's say 95 KG/ 209 lbs. :)

I won't expect anything less. It will be a great day. I hit the road for Sorinex in 2 hours to be there by 7am to teach a kettlebell cert.

Funny, when I first saw this topic, I thought it was 500.000 and I was like "how much would ironmind need to sell" to get even. But I bet the sales would go higher maybe? :)

$500. was the prize for closing the 4 (ccs at our Sorinex Open house) kindly check my first post I later added a 250.00 prize for anyone doing a 3.5 ccs cert close. Ironmind other than supplying the gripper and the rules had nothing to do with the prize. I offered it out of my pocket as trying to give back to support grip excellence. RS

Richard,

I think he is saying he thought it was 500 grand, and was shocked by the ammount. Not frustrated by the 250.

i could be wrong.

Yes, that's true. I read the whole thread. But you are right, I wrote it wrong that ironmind offered this not you. No offense meant.

I would have done it for 500K! RS

Heck yeah, me too...that'd be a good motivator :mosher

Hehe I could try but wouldn't be able to :)

Thanks for doing this Richard, I think it's a good gesture.

Personally I think ironmind should offer some serious money because it's really hard to achieve this feat.

Respect to all who can close 3+ :)