Freakishly Small Hands On A 5-dime Pinch...

hellswindstaff

Just started seriously looking at this lift because I am getting somewhat comfortable with 4 dimes. How is everyone elses hand placement on this one. My thumb joint seems to be in a bad position unless I move my index finger on the top of the plates and only pinch with my thumb, middle, ring, and pinkie. On top of that only my fingertips come in contact with the plates... any tips from anyone?

Thanks,

Matt

Probably the smallest hands I know of doing it (and other grip feats) is Chad Kovach, Studballs on YouTube. Look through his stuff.

Others do the same on blobs, have to ditch the index for their optimal wide grip pinch. Don't worry, you won't miss it (index finger). It may feel weird at first but it really does much less than most expect.

• Like 1

I just looked him up... good stuff. ty. Do you know if he is on gripboard? Maybe I can bug him for some small hands info. I think that I've read 7.5in is average... mine is 6 & 7/8ths inches from base to tip of middle finger

Others do the same on blobs, have to ditch the index for their optimal wide grip pinch. Don't worry, you won't miss it (index finger). It may feel weird at first but it really does much less than most expect.

Cool thanks a ton man. I really assumed middle and index were kind of prime movers, but I guess that in pinch lifts the thumb will ultimately be to limiting factor anyways!

Cool thanks a ton man. I really assumed middle and index were kind of prime movers, but I guess that in pinch lifts the thumb will ultimately be to limiting factor anyways!

Exactly bro. It's a thumb challenge. When I was lifting a blob I was doing 3 finger and 2 finger lifts VERY shortly after that. It was only marginally harder. I think the difference in difficulty lied in not being able to get much wrist curl action on the blob with 2 fingers. But with 5 dimes that isn't really an option anyways.

Aaron Corcorran also has small hands and lifts blobs index-less. Heck, his Inch lift vid shows he lifts it like a pinch grip!

Doesn't David Horne do index-less blob lifts too?

Dude... David Horne can probably do thumbless blob lifts at this point!

• Like 2

Exactly bro. It's a thumb challenge. When I was lifting a blob I was doing 3 finger and 2 finger lifts VERY shortly after that. It was only marginally harder. I think the difference in difficulty lied in not being able to get much wrist curl action on the blob with 2 fingers. But with 5 dimes that isn't really an option anyways.

Aaron Corcorran also has small hands and lifts blobs index-less. Heck, his Inch lift vid shows he lifts it like a pinch grip!

That's good to know about the blob lift. I believe that I've heard that a lot of people with bigger hands [relatively speaking] and weaker thumbs, compared to wrists, will tend to rely on wrist strength in thumb dominant movements. Hence the reason for the creation of the rolling thunder.

• 1 year later...

once i can get my hands on some blobs il def check that book out

are there any other tips for other grip feats i feel like im at a huge disadvantage