Wrist Pain

indiladhar

I started working at a lumber yard 4 weeks ago. My current grip routine followed training on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, with each day training some form of crush grip, pinch grip, open hand, wrist levering and extensors work. I've not had any issues with wrists before but it seems my current routine plus working at a lumber yard really takes its toll on wrists!

I'm going to reduce the number of wrist levering exercises performed, but I was wondering if there are any exercises I can do to help reduce the wrist pain, or help strengthen them without overworking again. Also, would any gripping exercises have an impact on wrists in this way? I've noticed my crush grip has dropped a little over the past few weeks just because the wrist pain kicks in.

Thanks for any help!

Hi,

I've had some pretty serious wrist pain this year. For a couple of weeks I couldn't even close the trainer anymore with my left hand!

What really worked for me were certain nerve flossing techniques. These are streches and execisies you can do to loosen the nerves from the surrounding tissue. It only works though if your wrist pain is caused by some form of nerve impingement. You should google for 'nerve flossing' and find out which techniques might work for you.The techniques you can use depend on where you feel the pain (ulnar, radial, medial etc.).

Good luck.