Juha "gripmonster" Harju´s Training Log

Juha Harju

Very good you guys met! What else happened? How heavy is your millenium trainer? He played with it

Very good you guys met! What else happened? How heavy is your millenium trainer? He played with it

Hi, Snook did 15 reps with it. Weight was 190lbs. :)

Here is couple of lifts from our gripping day. We did also more grip at night at my friend´s country house.

• Like 1

That guy is a legend. What would happen if he ever decided to actually enter a grip competition?

Edited by Royz
  • Like 1

Here is couple of lifts from our gripping day. We did also more grip at night at my friend´s country house.

Awesome :rock

Btw how big is his hands? I can see it is wide but how big?

Awesome :rock

Btw how big is his hands? I can see it is wide but how big?

Almost similar like mine hand 20.5cm, maybe little bit longer

10384279_940199826000061_591669825000310

• Like 1

Looks like you had a great time with Snook!

Yes! It was marvelous weekend! :)

• Like 2

Great videos! I admire your relentless drive Juha. You hit milestone after milestone and just keep setting more goals.

• Like 2

Great videos! I admire your relentless drive Juha. You hit milestone after milestone and just keep setting more goals.

Thanks bro. I appreciate your words. I must start to build more speed now and also start to do high pulls with bar and plates.

Very well done and strong training as usual!

For speed maybe adding rubber bands will help to the 80kg dumbbell? But that might be asking for injuries if the big weight fell. Also you can try using John Brookfield method. Every time you train cleans with the dumbbell put a tape on it to make it thicker. Little by little the bell will be very thick. Then maybe the Inch dumbbell will be cleaned

Edited by Alawadhi
  • Like 2

For speed maybe adding rubber bands will help to the 80kg dumbbell? But that might be asking for injuries if the big weight fell. Also you can try using John Brookfield method. Every time you train cleans with the dumbbell put a tape on it to make it thicker. Little by little the bell will be very thick. Then maybe the Inch dumbbell will be cleaned

Many thanks bro.

Did Brookfield use tape around normal dumbbells handle?

Mr Snook will send to me couple of his marvelous globe dumbbells. Those will help my job to clean inch. He is very friendly man. :)

• Like 1

Many thanks bro.

Did Brookfield use tape around normal dumbbells handle?

Mr Snook will send to me couple of his marvelous globe dumbbells. Those will help my job to clean inch. He is very friendly man. :)

Welcome

Yes Brookfield did that and he mentions it in one if his books (don't remember which one)

Wow that's cool. I really hope you clean the Inch. Next year when you come to Dubai again God willing I want you to lift my 98kg inch akone with Laine and Jedd :cool

• Like 1

I have complete confidence in you attaining your goal of cleaning the Inch Juha! In fact, i believe you will end up doing a double Inch clean as your great body strength along with having hands with similar world-class strength will get you there!

• Like 2

I have complete confidence in you attaining your goal of cleaning the Inch Juha! In fact, i believe you will end up doing a double Inch clean as your great body strength along with having hands with similar world-class strength will get you there!

Thanks Bob.

My right hand is so much weaker than left at those thick bar lifts that it will never happen. I have built my hands so that right is much stronger with grippers and narrow pinch. My left hand deals everything what right can´t do.

Great training!

Juha, i saw in the clip the kettlebell fell on one of your blobs. Won't that ruin the blob like cracking it?

• Like 1

Great training!

Juha, i saw in the clip the kettlebell fell on one of your blobs. Won't that ruin the blob like cracking it?

Cheers,

All is good, blob is still unbroken. Luckily. :)

• Like 1

Great workout Juha as usual! what is the weight you are cleaning?

Great workout Juha as usual! what is the weight you are cleaning?

Hi bro,

Yesterday I used 50kg, 60kg and 65kg dumbbells with my clean sets.