Russian Strongmen Bend Ground Off To 10Mm Moab

RobertKazan

Where is Alex getting these "Moab" from? Is he just cutting steel to the same length and diameter and writing on ffbc names with a pen?

The one he bent looks like 7" stainless stock at quick glance..

Well put brother. I agree though it does confuse me sometimes when he puts up a KOASB or a BKOASB then bends something completely different in the video.

Regardless he is a strong bender and might just be me not being able to read Russian correctly ;)

If the diameter of the bar has been reduced to 10mm and it started out as a FBBC MOAB then I think it is labeled fine. Obviously not ok for certification purposes but still a heck of a training bend. I used to do this with training stock sometimes, turning the diameter of the center section down. I did .003 or .005 increments up to goal bar and it worked very well. Never did it with FBBC stock but still, just another progression method to an otherwise very far out there goal. 10mm is still thicker than a KOAB by roughly .018 or 1/2 mm

- Aaron

Check out where those springs were on the gripper. Wonder if is using that for chest crush practice?

it doesnt matter, he can label it 10mm unicorn horn. does that mean its a unicorn horn? no. if this is a lathed down MOAB then guess what, its no longer a MOAB. its a great practice bend, but who is to really say it was from a MOAB? now if he only lathed 2-3" in the center and left the outsides 7/16, then yes i would agree this was a MOAB practice bend. I know Aaron used to lathe steel this exact way.

I have a Mother of all bastards and that not it.. I mean i would never make a bending video with the wrong name for the bar, Cause you are always gonna wonder wtf he is actually bending.

• 2 weeks later...

once the video has caused so much doubt then ask administrators to delete this thread

I will not delete this thread.

How Alex labels his videos is his business. This forum gives EVERYONE the right to express their opinions. And since nothing here has caused fighting, personal attacks or anything else that would be justified as hate; this thread will remain open and active.