Where To Buy 70D Nails Online?

Briso

Hi guys,

I'm looking to buy some 70d nails and was wondering if you could recommend any online stores that supply these? Looking for someone that does international delivery as I'm based in UK.

Thanks very much

Brian

Go to your local hardware store and buy a stick of 8mm CRS. It's probably 1 meter by 8mm. Then just cut 7" pieces. You don't need the nails.

Cheers for the reply EJ!

I already have some 8mm CRS rods, which I've cut to 7 inch sizes.

I just was curious as to how the 70d nails related in strength to these and then the red nail also.

Thanks!

Brian

The nails themselves are going to be easier 75% of the time. All steel will vary based on the forging process used and the particular steel in that batch. 12L14 and 1018 here in the states I believe is the most common CRS. I believe in the UK you have a few types of redialy available CRS?? I would look into anything from EN1 to EN8 CRS to test your strength.

Hi EJ,

the 8mm lengths of steel I have are "8mm Dia Bright Mild Steel Bar (Grade 080A15)"

The supplier confirmed they are CRS.

That's the only information I have on them. :-)

Currently I'm bending 7mm x 7 inch stainless steel and some slightly thicker drill rod (known as silver steel over here). Also have been bending grade 5 and 8 bolts.

Thanks

Brian

Some of the CRS I have tried here in the UK is EN3B

At 6" it was 404lbs but a lot weaker at 7" maybe around 350lbs. That was just one batch though! Good luck!

• Like 1