Project Mm6

acorn

Did some pinch last night. Reopened the tears on both thumbs from the previous pinch session during warmups so I changed it up a bit to still get a little volume in.

1/15/2015

2HP Euro

48mm

2x2x65Kg, 2x85Kg (reopened webbing tears)

51.5mm

2x90Kg

0x90Kg (used towel over implement from here on out. Broke off ground.)

0x85Kg w/towel, broke off ground couple inches

1x65Kg w/towel - 5sec hold

1x75Kg w/towel

Blob drags Left and Right

Pinch Secret Weapon (thumb work)

39#, 52#, 27#

(didn't track reps or sets)

May stick with towel work til the webbings heal up good.

- Aaron

Have you thought any about hip belt squatting to take some strain off of your back?

Never really gave it much thought. Don't want my legs any bigger as I still wear through jeans where my legs rub together pretty quickly and I haven't squatted heavy since the late 90's.

You live in Tucson man. What the hell are you even wearing pants for?!? Luckily if I only put them on 4 weeks out of the year up here.

Have you thought any about hip belt squatting to take some strain off of your back?

Never really gave it much thought. Don't want my legs any bigger as I still wear through jeans where my legs rub together pretty quickly and I haven't squatted heavy since the late 90's.

You live in Tucson man. What the hell are you even wearing pants for?!? Luckily if I only put them on 4 weeks out of the year up here.

For some reason I have to wear pants to work. :)

- Aaron

Squeezed grippers here and there over the last few days. Nothing formal or really tracked as far as training. Tried to squeeze a gripper whenever going through the training room throughout the day every day since the last workout. Started working on a new implement yesterday as well as some work on backlogged projects. Felt good to finally fire up the lathe and plasma cutter. It's been awhile on the Lathe and that was the first time every using a plasma cutter. Last night before bed did this.

1/20/2015

Grippers 20mm block set

RH - 161# adj BBE x 1 - 8sec OC, x 1 -10sec OC

LH - adj BBGM x 1 - 8sec OC, x1 10sec OC

Trained some grippers last night. Little different that usual. Wanted to get a little volume in and see where I was at without pushing too hard.

1/20/2015

KB swings 20kg x 15 each hand.

Grippers

#Tx10, #1x5

RH 20mm block sets

#2x5

adj BBGM x1 - 2 sec OC

GHP7 x 1 - 2 sec OC

Adj BBE - 161# x 1 - 2 sec OC

adj BBE - 167# x 1 - 2 sec OC

#3.5 - 169# x 1 - 2 sec OC

#3.5 - 180# x 0 (no block set) to 1/8"

Adj BBSE @ 184# x 0 (no block set) to 1/2"

Filed Hard #3 x 0

Adj Filed BBSM x 1 - 5 sec OC

#2 x 1 TNS

#1 x 10 TNS

#1 - mini-reps

LH 20mm block sets

#1.5 x 5

Adj Filed BBSM x 1 - 2 sec OC

Adj BBGM x1 - 2 sec OC

Adj BBGM x1 - 2 sec OC

#3 - 154# x 0

#3 - 154# x 0

Adj Filed BBSM x 1 - 5 sec OC

#2 x 1

#1 x 10 TNS

#1 mini-reps

Yep still sore today. Also did some shoulder stretching.

On the bright side the Block set close with the easy #3.5 felt really solid.

- Aaron

• Like 2

Did a little pinch last night. Thumb webbings still healing so didn't push it. No retears.

1/22/2015

2HP Euro 51.5mm

3x3x65Kg

2x85Kg

2.5x90Kg

• Like 1

I started back into 2HP training a few weeks ago, and I'm trying to build up slowly so I don't start tearing again. Very frustrating the last time it was persistent.

I'm hoping all my TTK work will help my top end 2HP.

I started back into 2HP training a few weeks ago, and I'm trying to build up slowly so I don't start tearing again. Very frustrating the last time it was persistent.

I'm hoping all my TTK work will help my top end 2HP.

Can be super frustrating. Hope it helps yours too. Mine is not really coming up as expected. Prolly because I'm not doing enough other powerlifts to boost HGH, etc like usually would be. I'm gonna have to keep adjusting til I hit upon the right combo for current. Good luck!

- Aaron

Saturday 1/24, I finished making a first prototype for a new hub device design. Came out nice and solid and was able to do some test lifts with it including some hub hand to hand transfers and hub plate flip catches. Also worked up to a 75# single on it RH and 60# LH.

- Aaron

• Like 1

Trained a bit last night. Could not find enough motivation to squat though. Ended up doing mostly grippers and decided to finish with an variant I have not used in awhile. Might have to cycle it back in to the rotation as it felt pretty productive. Full workout written down at home but I thought I would put this up so I didn't forget, will try to get full workout written up here later.

Highlights were:

Grippers 20mm block set

RH 161# Adj BBE x 2, 167# adj BBE x 2

Also did some Gripper KB Bouncies with double filed Adj BBSM. Those are awesome.

- Aaron

My daughter's preschool asked me to come in and show some metal bending last week. I had donated a small bucket of bent items last year for art projects and the kids apparently were often asking how the nails got bent. Anyway this morning I went in and did a short show for the kindergarten class. Was lots of fun although the frying pan I rolled was a used one someone had donated to me of a brand I had not tried before. Toughest pan I've ever done and I almost didn't roll it. But eventually got it moving. Was a TFAL btw. Anyway session was 60d nail bend Reverse, Horseshoe heart, phonebook rip, rolling the TFAL pan, braced bend coiling a 3' x 1/2" HRS bar. almost crossed the ends a 2nd time on that one, and finished with 1/4" x 6" G2 bolt barehanded. Was pretty fun and got lots of good questions throughout, as well as the kids being excited. Lots of comments about how much I was sweating at the end after fighting with the pan and the braced bend. hahaha.

Not sure if any of the teachers thought to get pics or vid but will find out.

Have a great day,

Aaron

• Like 6

Also did some Gripper KB Bouncies with double filed Adj BBSM. Those are awesome.

- Aaron

What are these mate?

- Aaron

What are these mate?

It is an exercise I invented that uses a modified gripper in order to do it. Basically ballistic accentuated eccentrics. Here are a couple of videos explaining gripper based band work and the KB Bouncies (for lack of a more creative name)

Modified Gripper Band work

Ballistic Gripper KB Bouncies

Thanks for the question,

Aaron

• Like 5

Awesome mate! Ive seen some ingenious exercises lately. just when you think you've seen it all.

looks like a cracking plateau buster!

• Like 1

Awesome mate! Ive seen some ingenious exercises lately. just when you think you've seen it all.

looks like a cracking plateau buster!

It's a good one for that. I use them sparingly. Those videos are from 2012 and early 2013 I believe.

- Aaron

My daughter's preschool asked me to come in and show some metal bending last week. I had donated a small bucket of bent items last year for art projects and the kids apparently were often asking how the nails got bent. Anyway this morning I went in and did a short show for the kindergarten class. Was lots of fun although the frying pan I rolled was a used one someone had donated to me of a brand I had not tried before. Toughest pan I've ever done and I almost didn't roll it. But eventually got it moving. Was a TFAL btw. Anyway session was 60d nail bend Reverse, Horseshoe heart, phonebook rip, rolling the TFAL pan, braced bend coiling a 3' x 1/2" HRS bar. almost crossed the ends a 2nd time on that one, and finished with 1/4" x 6" G2 bolt barehanded. Was pretty fun and got lots of good questions throughout, as well as the kids being excited. Lots of comments about how much I was sweating at the end after fighting with the pan and the braced bend. hahaha.

Have a great day,

Aaron

The fact that you can walk in and knock out all those feats, while rarely training them is amazing!

• Like 1

Have a great day,

Aaron

The fact that you can walk in and knock out all those feats, while rarely training them is amazing!

Thanks Buddy! Sore today, oh yeah sore today.

- Aaron

Just finished a bit of Hubbing with new tool. Did some hub swings for a little TUT at a lower weight as well. Managed 33.5kg and almost locked out 36Kg.

This

post-9402-0-84213400-1422728292_thumb.jp

Edited by acorn
  • Like 1

Custom hub device and design I came up with. No loading pin. Mounts in hole in plate and bolted through. Also will solid mount on top of one of my comp loading pins that we use for multiple size quick change VBar in our AZ comps.

• Like 2

Slacking a bit on the logging lately. Prolly doesn't matter since I think only a couple people even look at this log anyway.

Saturday trained grippers a bit in the afternoon after the morning hub work.

Grippers 20mm block set OC's for time.

RH 6sets x 161# adj BBE x 5sec OC

LH 4sets x 138# #3 x 5sec OC, 2sets couldn't keep it closed full time but held for 5sec anyway

Grippers Negs

RH 2sets x 180# #3.5

LH 2sets x 156# GHP7

Glad to see your going for the mm6 Aaron. I remember at the first comp I went to, you did your mm5 cert. That blew me away.

• Like 1

Prolly doesn't matter since I think only a couple people even look at this log anyway.

Aaron,

Although I don't post replies here, I read your log regularly.

• Like 2