Road To Coc#4 - Time To Get This Done!

Paul Savage

No real updates to mention, did double clicks savage close on hard 3.5 an also did plate wrist curl with 20kg plate (full diameter) yesterday but been busy with lotbof things. Moving stores in work and moving house again.

" also did plate wrist curl with 20kg plate (full diameter) yesterday"

I will transfer $500 into your paypal account if you post a video of a 20kg plate curl with a York standard plate.

No real updates to mention, did double clicks savage close on hard 3.5 an also did plate wrist curl with 20kg plate (full diameter) yesterday but been busy with lotbof things. Moving stores in work and moving house again.

One handed plate wrist-curl? How far down did the plate go? This feat is worth sharing in a video for sure Paul! Please delight us next time :)

One handed plate wrist-curl? How far down did the plate go? This feat is worth sharing in a video for sure Paul! Please delight us next time :)
One hand yes. Plate went past being flat at botton, was ugly lift but it went up. Not trained it in ages, just tried it at gym as was feeling strong, didnt even warm up, should have as nearly broke my fingers but will train it a bit an film when i do a better lift.

Paul I think you should film it now as timmy is offering 500 dollars which is no joke. People are grateful for 30 dollars and 500 dollars is WoW. Even if it's crappy form it'll be extremely good. Heck a CoC #4 cert won't give you a 500$

Paul I think you should film it now as timmy is offering 500 dollars which is no joke. People are grateful for 30 dollars and 500 dollars is WoW. Even if it's crappy form it'll be extremely good. Heck a CoC #4 cert won't give you a 500$

For what? 20kg plate wrist curl? Where is the offer?

Technically, you need to post a vid for free, as per GB rules. A strict 45lb plate wrist curl is indeed a world class feat.

Rob Vigeant can't even crack 20kg on a plate wrist curl, and 15kg is easy for him.

$500 is over zealous, but will give you $200 if you can perform the feat Jad style with a York 45.

Would make a hell of a loss either way as would have travel to america to even get hold of one, we have kilo plates here.

Technically, you need to post a vid for free, as per GB rules. A strict 45lb plate wrist curl is indeed a world class feat.

Rob Vigeant can't even crack 20kg on a plate wrist curl, and 15kg is easy for him.

Think 15kg easy for many people, could do 15 reps with 15kg at one point but couldnt do a 20kg Edited by Paul Savage
  • Like 1

20kg plate is fine I guess. Sam Scott is fine with that. Right Sam? Paul a 200 dollars is still a heck lot of money

20kg plate is fine I guess. Sam Scott is fine with that. Right Sam? Paul a 200 dollars is still a heck lot of money

Has to be performed the same way as Jad does it, and it can't be a stubby 20kg plate.

$500 is over zealous, but will give you $200 if you can perform the feat Jad style with a York 45.

Would make a hell of a loss either way as would have travel to america to even get hold of one, we have kilo plates here.

Think 15kg easy for many people, could do 15 reps with 15kg at one point but couldnt do a 20kg

Indeed. I've no idea where they are but when Paul and I trained together we cold both do a 15kg plate with weight added and I had it as an event on one competition and had both videos and photos The top weight was over 20kg

This one has be testing the event with 16 or so kilos:

• Like 1

I have no idea why Sam Scott brings up Rob Vigeant in this thread, BUT, I happen to have talked with him about this feat at great lengths. When he was more into grip stuff (10+ years ago) he could indeed manhandle a 35# for many reps, 15+ easily, it felt like a warm-up set for him he stated. And not some stubby special 35# with a much-smaller-than-usual diameter, but a regular one. However, despite being at that elite level, he told me he couldn't do the 45#. He did however told me he could do a 20kg. He could not remember if the diameter on that one was smaller than the 45# he had access to at that point. It is also worth nothing that he specifically told me he let the plate go down to 45 degrees below parallel, or in other words, right in the middle of the plate being parallel and it being completely vertical (pointing towards the floor). He said there is no way he could let a plate (even a lighter one) go as far down as jad (Josh Dale) lets it go in his video of 2 reps with a 35#.

Josh's video is still incredible to me to this day. Mobster's strength is never in question and always impressive, BUT, adding weight on the center of the plate is a whole different thing than having less weight on a bigger diameter. Think of a mere 5kg sledge being gripped at the extreme of the handle and how little one can do with it... same thing with the plate. This explain why even manhandling a 15kg for many reps does not mean a 20kg plate is instantly within reach.

• Like 3

All true. The video was for others to get an idea for the event. I think we both did a 15kg/33lb plate. We only trained it for a few weeks so I've no idea of how good I might have got. If I beat everyone to it would Sam ante up the cash?

All true. The video was for others to get an idea for the event. I think we both did a 15kg/33lb plate. We only trained it for a few weeks so I've no idea of how good I might have got. If I beat everyone to it would Sam ante up the cash?

I'll tell you what I think mobster: if people were offering cash for a #4 CCS certification, then a 45# Plate Wrist Curl could very well deserve a prize.... and it would be an object of fun debate to establish which prize should be higher! I mean, lets get real here folks: how many have even Plate Curled (not Wrist, just Curl) a 45# plate? Almost nobody, and the few elite who have done it all have had some form of swing. Adam Glass is always mentioned as going the farthest on this feat, but his method of starting with his torso bent, if you watch carefully and in slow motion, and then try it yourself, you realize it gives a HUGE benefit over a "strict curl". So in my mind I have yet to see anyone Strict "Plate Curling" a 45# ..... with that said, the Plate Wrist Curl should be even harder! So it's really a mind-boggling feat.

Of course, if money were to be offered, rules would need to be established. Most guys with such strong wrist flexors, like Rob who was mentioned, wont be able to let the plate go so far down as Josh Dale did; props to him on that flexibility. So a limit to lower the plate has to be established and the feat filmed from the side so we can easily judge. Parallel seems too short of a ROM, but "jad-style" will limit most due to pain or injury-risk; maybe half-way like Rob told me he always did? Also, what about the good old "forearm on a bench or forearm on knees"? jad had his on his legs, and although it looked very strict (props to him), we know that those little (and some times involuntary) movements of the legs, even slight raising of the calves, can add to the lift's momentum... so the stricter fashion would be forearm on a horizontal bench, in my opinion. And the more obvious point: plate diameter... some guy may be lucky to find a 45# plate 2 or 3 inches shorter in diameter than another guy, and like we stated above, this makes a WORLD of difference... so plate diameter would need to be measured on camera I guess, for a legit "record" or whatever. (Like benders do with their steel, etc).

The more I think about it, the more I think this feat might even be harder than a #4 CCS.... again, object of fun discussion :)

Oh, and to add even more fun comments related to it: this is definitely a hand-size dependant feat! LOL. Long fingers reaching further on the plate surely makes leverage advantageous. I can already see the future... "adjustable plate wrist curl apparatus", to make it fair hand length is measured, and a shorter hand gets a shorter plate, to make the event fair for comps :P .... (in case it needs to be made clear, this last parragraph is a poor attempt at some humour, heh heh).

Edited by Arturo
  • Like 2

Tried it strict last night, got it up but was short on depth around 3 inch, just wasnt strong enough. Did 11 reps after with 15kg. Not been able train at all lately as been moving shop in work an had so much to do every day just been too exausted. Bit of training an should be able do it good depth/strict both left an right on vid. Will probably just do that an fat gripz until i get that done an then go back to grippers after.

• 2 months later...

Quick update since have not in a good while. There hasnt been a lot too update which has been the main reason. Had a bunch of life stuff going on, still do but slowly getting there. Have had a bunch of time not really training at all in recent months but managed to get a good week of training in last week and this week hopefully too and hopefully go strong to finish the year. What i started last week was basically high volume/high rep inch dumbbell work but using fat gripz. At gym now they have solid dumbbells from 1kg to 50kg so when you put fat gripz on its essentially an inch dumbbell. Been using these for bodybuilding exercises with a bunch of volume an thats all so far. Probably add in thick handle grippers soon an we'll see how it goes. Bodyweight went down from 143kg to 124kg. Is now up to 130kg.

Going to start logging proper again for bit.

Everything with fat gripz on thick handles so tough grip, dumbbells are solid like inch. No chalk used with short rests.

Lat pulldowns
- 70lb x 10
- 100lb x 10
- 130lb x 10
- 160lb x 10
(behind the neck)
- 100lb x 10
- 100lb x 10

Dumbbell yates row
- 30kg's x 10
- 40kg's x 10
- 50kg's x 8 drop 30kg's x 8

Dumbbell shrugs
- 50kg's x 8 drop 30kg's x 8

Seated row dual handles
- 70lb x 10
- 100lb x 10
- 140lb x 10

Back extension machine
- 160lb x 10
- 235lb x 10
- 295lb x 10

incline smith
- 1 plate a side x 20
- 1.5 plates a side x 10
- 2 plates a side x 10
- 2.5 plates a side x 8 plus drop

standing smith press
- 1 plate a side x 20, 20, 20

rear delt machine
- 70lb x 10
- 130lb x 10
- 180lb x 10
- 230lb x 8 plus drop

side delt machine
- 80lb x 10
- 120lb x 10
- 160lb x 10
- 180lb x 10

cable flys
- 30lb's x 10, 10, 10, 10

cable rope front raise superset side raise
- 30lb x 10/10, 10/10, 10/10

alternate dumbbell hammer curls
- 16kg's x 8/8
- 24kg's x 8/8
- 36kg's x 8/8 plus drop

overhead ez tricep extension
- 20kg x 20
- 30kg x 10
- 40kg x 10
- 45kg x 12

ez curl
- 45kg x 10
- 40kg x 10
- 30kg x 10
- 20kg x 10

tricep pushdowns
- 70lb x 10, 10

rotator cuff 4 exercises x 3 laps straight

Edited by Paul Savage

Everything with fat gripz again

Diverging lat pulldown

- 50lb x 10

- 90lb x 10

- 145lb x 10, 10, 10

Dumbbell yates row

- 24kg's x 10

- 50kg's x 8

- 50kg's x 6

- 50kg's x 6

Dumbbell shrugs

- 50kg's x 8

- 50kg's x 6

- 50kg's x 6

Long bar seated row

- 115lb x 12

- 115lb x 10

Hip abductor

- 40lb x 10

- 55lb x 10

- 70lb x 10

Hip extension

- 200lb x 10/10

Back extension machine

- 160lb x 10

- 300lb x 12

For some reason that diverging pulldown was really heavy and killed the grip so really struggled the whole workout

No goal nowadays towards the #4?

No goal nowadays towards the #4?

Always but i want to win worlds strongest hands and beat the great david horne if at all possible so this is an equally big goal as well.