Filip's Journal

filipvk

Yes,it is :) but now when I'm able to close my #3 from CCS I can't close my Elite from 20mm set :( that sucks

• 3 weeks later...

Did some grippers,biceps and triceps trainings the last two weeks.

Now I'm busy but I'll write soon again.

Today I worked out biceps and forearm/wrist.

Did barbell curls up to 50kg on the bar x 5 reps for 2 sets(it is a PB by now, I started to train for arm wrestling a couple of months ago though)

• 2 months later...

Yesterday trained with grippers without chalk,

I did just braced no set closes with COC3 and 2.5 (I am lost again in the deep and parallel set in my LH,so I find easier to train braced and or just to set the gripper wide in my palm holding it with my off hand by the spring and both hands are about the same strength in this way)

Today I trained biceps and I can see that my strength is increasing.

Did a couple of sets of 3 reps with small cheating with 30 kg DB BH (Before I had to cheat alot to do those).

After that I did isometric holds with the elbow on my hip with 50 kg DB for 10-12 seconds BH and it's a personal record by now.

BTW in the last 3 months since I'm here in Ireland I've lost almost 10 kg of fat because I'm riding my bike everyday and I eat now and then when I have time,but I try to eat as much as possible fruits and vegetables, and my BW is 87kg ATM.

Edited by Filip VK
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'll be back in Croatia in 9 days and I'll be able to train properly my grip and whole body (thank god),

because here in Dublin I have just a couple of dumbbells (they were here in the house where I'm staying) and 3 grippers that I brought from home.

Anyway last week I tried my easier #3 and I'm still able to rep it with BH from MMS, so I'm expecting to make progress and rep my Elite and #3.5.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I finally did a decent gripper session today.

For the first time I tried my brand new Left Turn #3 and I can say that it's very difficult to close with right hand,

I think it was closed at the first attempt from parallel set but the next ones wasn't.

With my left hand I closed it every time I tried,it feels harder than any of my #3s.

At the end of the session I gave a try at my new #3 (154lbs) I bought from Jorg and it feels like my harder #3.

I closed it once with my left hand and did 2 reps with my right hand.

Here's a couple of videos

Edited by Filip
  • Like 1

Today did full and partial pull ups on fat gripz and rolling thunders.

At the end I did also partial pull ups on rolling thunders with curled wrists.

After the workout my forearms and wrists were on fire :)

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't have much time for training,today I did just pull ups and holds on standard bar/fat gripz and rolling thunder plus some wrist work though.

• 3 months later...

Today

Did some #3 singles,and Elite attempts with both hands.

At the end of the training I closed the coc 2,5 chocked to 22mm 20 times with left hand and 22 times with right hand a set.

Finally menaged to do a good workout today.

I need to buy a caliper to know exactly what's the width between handles when I choke the grippers.

Grippers:

coc 2 x 5 reps BH parallel set
coc 2 x 6 reps BH wider than MM set
coc 2.5 x 3 reps BH parallel set
coc 2.5 x 4 reps BH parallel set
coc 3 x 1 BH parallel set
coc 3 x 1 MM set LH x 2 MM set RH
coc 3 choked to 22 mm x 7 reps BH
coc 3 choked to 22 mm x 10 reps LH x 9 reps RH (video below)
coc 3 choked to 22 mm x 7 reps BH
coc 2.5 choked to 22 mm x 27 reps LH x 30 reps RH (video below)
coc 2.5 x 3 reps BH TNS

After grippers did some blockweight and blob50 holds with BH

• Like 3

Thanks Geralt!

First I'd like to certify on the MM1 gripper (I hope in a couple of months) and to be able to CCS the hardest #3 I have (154 lbs), I did it before but just once.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Recorded this video on saturday, the 3 on the vid is an easy one from my friend.

Planning to cert on the MM1 soon.

• Like 2

Strong close Filip! Nice to see you posting again.

Thanks guys, I didn't have time to post my workout lately but I'm still trying to train hard.

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday trained with grippers, after I tried to see whats the best I can do with the wrist developer with the red spring and I missed by half an inch the 6-6 level.

• 2 weeks later...

Besides grippers I started to train my pinch properly.

I bought a couple of months ago 2 standard plates 24kg each with smooth sides and 40mm of thickness.

So, yesterday I put thru the 2 plates my loading pin and added few weights and did some 80mm 2hp.

I'm still trying to find the best tehnique and my thumbs to get used to that width.

Lifted just a couple of inches from the ground 74kg (for now it's my PR) and I don't know how good can it be for a beginner in 2hp.

With grippers I'm trying to do some wider sets with my #3 (the harder one that I can't ccs close yet and I'm working on it).

• 4 weeks later...

Grippers

warmup to easy 3 x 1 mms bh

hard 3 x 1 mms bh

tried the 3.5 but nothing

hard 3 x 1 mms bh

easy 3 ccs missed

easy 3 40mm block set x 1 bh

hard 3 x 1 mms bh

easy 3 x 1 wider than mms bh

easy 3 x 1 mms bh