North American Grip Sport Championship 2013

andurniat

Did not remember you can stand on your heels, my bad. Yes as Eric say there are many examples of the referee giving a too quick of a down signal. Should be easy to fix so we can move forward. We went through many discussions before we were happy with the 2HP rules but for some reason discussing the Axle rules has been discouraged.

Regarding that lift by the Russian girl, the bar was without a doubt, 'slipping' out of her hands and I therefore respectfully disagree with Eric in this case. You can maintain contact with a bar, if you are quick enough, even if you loose your grip already at lockout.

Edited by Mikael Siversson

Regarding that lift by the Russian girl, the bar was without a doubt, 'slipping' out of her hands and I therefore respectfully disagree with Eric in this case. You can maintain contact with a bar, if you are quick enough, even if you loose your grip already at lockout.

The bar may or may not have been slipping from her hands. Maybe she was intentionally going slack with her grip as she approached the floor with it. But judges should not be required to differentiate between the two. And according to how IPF rules are interpreted the lift would have been good, as it was not released from her "palms" (yes, I realize technically it may have, but certainly she maintained finger contact). But that raises another point: I don't like the wording of IPF rules here, as technically, someone deadlifting with the bar solely in their fingers, with no palm contact, would be in violation of #7. And I do know this is allowed. Maybe it should simply say hands or fingers, instead of palms.

And, yes, if you're very quick you could theoretically "chase" the bar down with your hands maintaining hand contact all the while. But again, it would be a very slippery slope, best avoided, to try and determine when and if this is being done. Again, black and white, well defined rules are the way to go. And really, if a lifter locks out the weight, is then given a down command, and then starts to lose their grip, but not to the point where the hands ever lose contact with the bar, I'm good with that. Too much grey area and guessing trying to make judgement calls in such cases.

The results from this comp are now live on the www.Gripsport.org site. Thanks go to Eric for entering them.

- Aaron

• Like 1

Awesome job to whoever entered them!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Couple more videos I have gotten uploaded.

Jedd Johnson Medley (BIG THANKS to Brandon Gerber for filming JT and me!)

Wrist Roller Video - ALL Athletes, except Paul Knight and Mary Sparks

Be sure to watch for Nick Rosendaul, doing the Axle Rose Dance.

Too bad the sweet moves didn't help. If you want to dance to mid - late 90's hip hop Stew and I are your guys Jedd:) Maybe we should put out a how to video.:)