1" Collars.

diomedes

Has anyone here tried the 1" lockjaw collars? I've recently picked up some standard db bars and plates, and the spring collars are crap! I'm planning on using these bells for thickbar training (one pair with Manus grips, one with 2.5" Iron Bulls). Any other recommendations for decent standard collars would be appreciated.

Yes. Go to playitagain sports or a used sports shop of any kind before you purchase collars.

They usually have awesome collars in abundance because 1" collars aren't too popular. You could maybe find some collectible York ones too for cheap.

Good luck.

Yes. Go to playitagain sports or a used sports shop of any kind before you purchase collars.

They usually have awesome collars in abundance because 1" collars aren't too popular. You could maybe find some collectible York ones too for cheap.

Good luck.

Good advice Yori!

Play it Again has lots of good stuff depending on where and when you are there. If you go regularly you can find all kinds of great stuff like Collars, dumbells, used IronMind products, even deep dish plates if your exceptionally lucky.

The 1 inch collars I have I bought used several years ago for just a few dollars and I've seen them recently on Ebay for $50 a set because they are vintage.

If you are diligent and visit several locations plus check Craigslist repeatedly you can get most of the basic stuff you need for very cheap.

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice! I used to have an old pair of 1" Weider collars with my first set of weights, back when I was 13! I did look at some on ebay, but they have the 'vintage' tag on them, and shipping would be more than what I'd be willing to pay. I'll be out and about with my wife, doing some shopping, this weekend, so I'll see what I can find.

Edited by diomedes

Thanks for the advice! I used to have an old pair of 1" Weider collars with my first set of weights, back when I was 13! I did look at some on ebay, but they have the 'vintage' tag on them, and shipping would be more than what I'd be willing to pay. I'll be out and about with my wife, doing some shopping, this weekend, so I'll see what I can find.

Be vary careful at playitagain with your woman. Mine gets easily angered that I'm looking at the same metal stuff over and over.

• Like 1

you can also buy some shaft clamp collars from mcmaster carr or grainger. they work really well.

• Like 2

I've started telling my wife that "I'm picking it up for a buddy" whenever I buy something training-related.

you can also buy some shaft clamp collars from mcmaster carr or grainger. they work really well.

Best advice here. You can really clam those down.