Race To Ccs #3

Grip_noob

Seems like people were up for a race to CCS #3 and I think it's a nice way to motivate each other to reach that goal.

So if you want to join, post a progress video, tell about your workout routine or whatever you feel like sharing, this is the place :)

I have to practice my video-making skills, but to start things off here is a video of me CCSing my #2.5 rated at 125lbs for the first time:

• Like 2

Gött ;)

I have no camera available atm so I cant show how far I have left to smash that mother F er

• Like 1

TNS'ed my #2.5 today, didn't get a video, but I will try to put one up in the near future. The #3 still seem miles away though... but it's progress non the less :)

• Like 3

TNS'ed my #2.5 today, didn't get a video, but I will try to put one up in the near future. The #3 still seem miles away though... but it's progress non the less :)

Nice! Have you closed your #3 with 20 mm blockset ?

Nice! Have you closed your #3 with 20 mm blockset ?

No I'm nowhere near, I can't even hold it in a negative..

Im down, can close my 129 2.5 on for 1 or 2 reps on a good day with my right once with my left gonna be rocking high rep training for abit useing my super easy 2 and ghp 5.

Have fun with it guys! These friendly challenges are so helpful.

• Like 1

I think the race should be to coc3. :)

Ccs is a bit much for many of us:)

I have closed coc#3 20 mm block already..

• Like 2

Heh..I am not going to race. One thing I found is that my body does not like to speed things up. I am going to reach my CCS goal for sure but it takes time.

With many downs there are ups and as long as those ups are carefully climbing to MMS-ing 170 lbs+ grippers, the CCS will come. I have done CCS#3 once and CCS vulcan level 15, but I just don't understand my body enough how I can consistently do it. Now I am just working on smaller goals, like the 1.5 inch Ghp block for my Ghp7 @ 155 lbs. (And that while I did minireps on my MM2 replica a little while back).

Taping it is also another thing. holding the block between the handles and than jerking and smashing it closed is one thing, keeping the gripper in one place and casually pulling the handles in is another thing. While normal things in daily life sure have their influence on my training, I just try to enjoy the ride with a little frustration here and there :) Keeps me sharp and in focus what I want to accomplish.

• Like 1

I too MMS my coc3s. I can cant CCS it or blockset it yet but Im getting CLOSE to closing my BB Elite MMS now too so Im thinking I might also get that CCS coc3 by closing 170lbs grippers :)

Heh..I am not going to race. One thing I found is that my body does not like to speed things up. I am going to reach my CCS goal for sure but it takes time.

With many downs there are ups and as long as those ups are carefully climbing to MMS-ing 170 lbs+ grippers, the CCS will come. I have done CCS#3 once and CCS vulcan level 15, but I just don't understand my body enough how I can consistently do it. Now I am just working on smaller goals, like the 1.5 inch Ghp block for my Ghp7 @ 155 lbs. (And that while I did minireps on my MM2 replica a little while back).

Taping it is also another thing. holding the block between the handles and than jerking and smashing it closed is one thing, keeping the gripper in one place and casually pulling the handles in is another thing. While normal things in daily life sure have their influence on my training, I just try to enjoy the ride with a little frustration here and there :) Keeps me sharp and in focus what I want to accomplish.

Slow and steady wins the race but its nice to have the motivation for the extra pep in your step.

• Like 1

Didn't feel that strong today, but was determined to get that #2.5 TNS close on video... Don't feel like I progress much on the #3, so I'm trying some choker work and have closed it a couple of times from a deep choke. My plan is to gradually open it up from here and see if it has any carryover to my MMS and 20mm block :)

• Like 1