Deadlift Technique Help

GrassMaine89

Grassmaine9, maybe you are pulling near max too often?

I ould say dont DL more than once a week either.

• Like 1

Grassmaine9, maybe you are pulling near max too often?

I ould say dont DL more than once a week either.

I would say I lift near max too often on all my lifts; it's a mind set that I have trouble breaking. Once a week at less intensity until I get technique is the new plan, thank you for the advice

I do not and will not advocate a training program as I feel you need to figure this out on your own. I will tell you form and technique is everything and there are a lot of bracing exercises you should be doing to get that core up. Want to talk more, hit me up at anytimefts@gmail.com. FYI I have pulled 675 @217 drug free and over 700 @230 or so lifetime drug free...

• Like 1

I do not and will not advocate a training program as I feel you need to figure this out on your own. I will tell you form and technique is everything and there are a lot of bracing exercises you should be doing to get that core up. Want to talk more, hit me up at anytimefts@gmail.com. FYI I have pulled 675 @217 drug free and over 700 @230 or so lifetime drug free...

Thanks for the reply. I started this thread specifically for technique help (because of the two injuries in fairly short periods). I would say by telling me to figure out what works for my own body you are saying plenty about routine, so I really appreciate it. I would absolutely love to pick your brain about core exercises that might help strengthen support muscles so I can stop hurting myself and pull big numbers. Thanks for taking the time to respond and I will definitely be sending you further inquires.

Ask Rick about his Deadlifting manual. It's no nonsense and to the point!

Will do, thanks man

Ok these are my conventional style deadlifts. I took videos from random angles, but I work in a small space so I don't have a lot of options. I have a belt on, but it's a squat style belt. It barely fits me (only does now because I lost weight) so I have to wear it under my shift and over my under armor shirt. I worked with 335 and 405 (percentages of my max which currently is 475).

Looks better than earlier video. Still needs more technique with legs.Watch this, it´s good style to lift for big dudes:

• Like 2

Juha, you make that weight look easy. So I still need to work on activating the legs from the floor, thanks for the help

• Like 1

Looking good grass. You're a big dude so you're getting into a pretty good start position in my opinion. You look to be staying tight too.

Your shoulders are way over the bar but you full them back in line before the bar leaves the floor so that's good.

Juha very fast pull with the 660. Nice.

• Like 1

Looking good grass. You're a big dude so you're getting into a pretty good start position in my opinion. You look to be staying tight too.

Your shoulders are way over the bar but you full them back in line before the bar leaves the floor so that's good.

ok awesome thanks for taking a look man

ok awesome thanks for taking a look man

No problem! One thing I do is take the slack out pf the bar when I have 405 or above on the bar. Give it a nice little yank plus I find it helps to get my mind psyched up for the lift. I think it helps align all the plates and get them straight too. But at least get good tension on the bar before you apply force to lift it.
  • Like 1

thanks for the tip...that's something I will have to think about when lifting, it is not something I do naturally