Thoughts On The Zenith For Training?

canthar

I like them. I haven't been training grip much the last couple of years, but have started messing around a bit lately. I bought a Z3 and found it pretty easy to close and have recently picked up a Z4. The handles fit my larger hands much nicer and they don't tear them up like the smaller, knurled grippers do. My style of closing (no set) and my larger hands makes the zenith series my favorite grippers. I'd purchase a Z5 if they'd make one.

The Zenith seem to be more of a money making thing than anything else. I can easily do rep work with my CoC trainer or CoC #1. I don't really see a valuable purpose in these.

I use to not see the value of these grippers either, but now I do. You can use them for more rep work without tearing up your hands because they have no knurling. It's also a different kind of close because the spring is bigger. Any different kind of gripper workout you can do is good.

How does the larger spring change the force curve? Does it flatten it out?

The Zenith seem to be more of a money making thing than anything else. I can easily do rep work with my CoC trainer or CoC #1. I don't really see a valuable purpose in these.

I use to not see the value of these grippers either, but now I do. You can use them for more rep work without tearing up your hands because they have no knurling. It's also a different kind of close because the spring is bigger. Any different kind of gripper workout you can do is good.

How does the larger spring change the force curve? Does it flatten it out?

I don't know the exact science behind it, but I think the larger spring makes it easier to start the gripper from a TNS and then the tampered handles let you squeeze slightly beyond the range at the end IMO. It just feels different and is another tool to have in the tool bag. Here's my first try at the Z3:

Just got a Zenith #2 today as one of my 50th birthday presents. My personal opinion; I love the thing!! It just feels great in my hand (I actually liked the absence of knurling more than I had thought I would) and it closes smoothly. Another thing I notice is that my pinky stays completely on the handle which is not usually the case with a Captain of Crush gripper. I am just so pleasantly surprised by this gripper.

I do have one question for those who have used this gripper with regards to the gripper strength. I had thought that this would be something I would work up to. I recently started training again after a long layoff and in the past I was one of those people who could not even close a #1 without training (I think I could barely close the trainer when I first started and I am not even certain of that). Currently I am not even close to closing my COC #2 and I cannot yet fully close my COC 1.5. However, I closed this Zenith #2 for 3 reps straight from the package? Now, I have read on this board that the Zenith is a little easier than its COC counterpart but this thing is honestly slightly harder than my COC #1? Has anyone else found this to be true?

I like them. I haven't been training grip much the last couple of years, but have started messing around a bit lately. I bought a Z3 and found it pretty easy to close and have recently picked up a Z4. The handles fit my larger hands much nicer and they don't tear them up like the smaller, knurled grippers do. My style of closing (no set) and my larger hands makes the zenith series my favorite grippers. I'd purchase a Z5 if they'd make one.

Just wanted to thank you guys and say that I'm very happy you like the new IronMind Zenith grippers—we designed them to work equally well whether you train on them by themselves or along with Captains of Crush grippers.