Road To Crushing The Blob And Pinching The No.3

Anthony C.

Congrats my man ! thats hard work payin off right there !

Thanks man!!

Today's training was Back

Pulldowns

3x8x180

Cable Rows

8x170 8x180 8x190

Hammer grip chin ups

4x 10

Hyper extensions

20, 16, 2x15

Hammerstrength row

2x6x115, 2x8x115

Dumbbell rows

2x8x75, 6x80

Shoulders and Chest is the Best day today

Seated overhead press

8x125, 8x130, 6x135

Db flat bench press

3x8x80

Db Incline flies

3x9x45

Dips

15, 15, 11

Quick workout. I haven't been going crazy with volume on chest because of the bending. Been seeing great progress on overhead presses!

• Like 1

Did Pinch this morning

Sorinex 2" Block 2HP

6x102.5, 6x102.5, 8x107.5

Sorinex 1'' block 1HP

Right: 2 holds with 43, 2x43

Left 2 holds with 43, 1x43

Blockweights: 36.5 Original York head

Got it off the ground with both hands a few times. This is almost ready to be lifted completely. After that I did a few assisted lifts where I put my index finger on the bottom of the block and guided it up

TTK

Right: 12x10, 8x10, 11x10

Left 10x10, 9x10, 10x10

Pretty good workout. PR's on the sorinex pinch work but I believe this is just a matter of the block seasoning in, as I've already 2hp'd much more than this with a wooden block. My blockweight strength is getting better! Will be thrilled when I can finally lift the Manna blob completely. Also all pr's on ttk work. Did some abs and 20 minute jog afterward.

Try hitting up some floor drags or mini reps on a bouncy surface w/ your target blobs. You'll progress much faster than simply attempting to lift it over and over. Log looking good bro keep it up.

Try hitting up some floor drags or mini reps on a bouncy surface w/ your target blobs. You'll progress much faster than simply attempting to lift it over and over. Log looking good bro keep it up.

Thanks jon and thanks for the advice! Today I did some mini bounce reps on my lifting pad and they felt good. I need to do the floor drags consistently. One thing I also did was on the assisted lifts, I took my other hand off and tried for a controlled descent with just the one hand

Bent a piece of 7" G drill rod in singles today, and also finished off the 7" piece of J drill rod I've been working on in singles as well. Then did about 8 sets of hip belt squats. Pretty fried!

• Like 2

The squats will get your blood flowing good, have you ever tried em first to see how your bending goes?

The squats will get your blood flowing good, have you ever tried em first to see how your bending goes?

I've noticed a difference in doing this. Stretching, light benching, or squats to wake up the CNS, then bend.

I read a great article about the CNS and firing it up prior to feats or lifts. It recommended explosive sets of a few clapping push-ups. I don't have free weights so these have really worked well between gripper attempts. It's fast and easy.

• Like 1

Yo i just saw your CoC #3 close! Congratulations! Big mile stone and many more to come!

I've noticed a difference in doing this. Stretching, light benching, or squats to wake up the CNS, then bend.

I read a great article about the CNS and firing it up prior to feats or lifts. It recommended explosive sets of a few clapping push-ups. I don't have free weights so these have really worked well between gripper attempts. It's fast and easy.

In this case, I was actually doing the bending before the squats because I wanted to warm up my lower back first, haha. I never really felt much of a difference doing squats before grip, but I do have a great routine to fire up my CNS before big grip lifts. It includes push ups and a bunch of motivational videos from Youtube :D

Yo i just saw your CoC #3 close! Congratulations! Big mile stone and many more to come!

Thanks Anton! Hope to train with you soon brother.

Today's training was back day

Hammer Grip Pull ups

8, 5xbw+25, 3x5xbw+50

Pullups

2x6xbw+20, 8xbw+20

Hyperextensions

20, 16,16

Cable row

8x170 8x180 9x190

Hammerstrength row

2x8x117.5, 9x117.5

Dumbbell rows

2x5x80, 7x80

Did some curls for the girls, but my biceps were already toasted by the time I got to them. Also did abs.

Shoulders and Chest is the Best today:

Seated overhead barbell presses

3x135, 3x145, 3x150, 3x160, 1x165

Flat dumbbell bench press

5x80, 6x90, 6x90

Incline dumbbell flies

10x45, 8x50, 8x50

Dips

10xbw+25, 10xbw+25, 7xbw+25 superset with 5 bodyweight reps

Didn't bother to do anymore volume. This was a very good workout. I'm now officially overhead pressing more than my bodyweight, and it felt like I was good for another ten pounds! Loving the overhead press right now and plan on training this lift primarily for the foreseeable future.

• Like 1

Good stuff man! My shoulders are so weak! Pressing bw would be quest on it's own. Good stuff.

• Like 1

Good stuff man! My shoulders are so weak! Pressing bw would be quest on it's own. Good stuff.

Nah he's just lucky to be a lightweight dude. ;-)

• Like 1

Nah he's just lucky to be a lightweight dude. ;-)

Thank you gents haha. Yes, being light certainly has its advantages. Still, it'd be nice to be able to intimidate someone lol. Oh well....

Awesome and congrats on closing the #3!! Hopefully I will be joining you with that this year!

brother if you want to intimidate someone start the20 rep squat program with milkyou will put 20 pounds on in about a month and a half to 2 months

Awesome and congrats on closing the #3!! Hopefully I will be joining you with that this year!

You absolutely will man, you're strong enough right now for it :D

brother if you want to intimidate someone start the20 rep squat program with milkyou will put 20 pounds on in about a month and a half to 2 months

Oh man I wish I could bro, but I don't think my back could handle that program right now lol

You absolutely will man, you're strong enough right now for it :D

Oh man I wish I could bro, but I don't think my back could handle that program right now lol

Well you could always try the 20 pizzas a week program instead.

• Like 1

LOL, for the Cartman diet

• Like 1

Hahaha, I always say that pizza is the one food I could truly eat every day of my life and never get sick of it!

Been busy as a mothereffer with the holidays, but thankfully now things have quieted down. I still have been training, just fell behind on my log. Here is the catch-up

December 24 Grip

Grippers

Right: Hair miss x 143 coc3, hair miss x 143 coc3, 1xGM134, Mx147 coc 3 (wanted to practice setting), Slight miss x HG300 135 20mm block set

Left: 1x2.5 119, 1x2.5 119, Mx127 2.5, 7 x left turn coc 2 104

Rolling Thunder

Right: 1x105, 1x115, 1x115, 3x105

Left:1x105, 1x115, Fx115, 2x105

Anvil trainer

Miscellaneous holds and deadlifts with 105

Bent a 7'' piece of G drill rod in single IMP

December 27 Legs and Arms

Squats

5x10x185

Lying leg curls

10x110 9x120 10x110 6x110 8x95

Calf raise machine

6x20x210

Dumbbell hammer curls

2x55, 6x45, 4x45

Db flat bench extensions

3x8x35

Seated db curls

15x25, 10x30, 8x30

Pushdowns

3 sets don't remember weights or reps

Grip today

Sorinex 2'' pinch block 2HP 5x112.5 5x112.5 8x112.5

Sorinex 4'' pinch block 1HP

Right: Hold 43lbs 10 seconds, hold 44.25 lbs 7 secs, 7 x 44.25

Left: Hold 43lbs 7 secs, Hold 44.25 5 secs, 5x44.25

Manna Blob floor drags and attempts, got it to knee height before it dropped this time. This bastard is going all the way up soon.

A few 35lb blob floor taps

TTK

Right: 15x10, 14x10, 12x10, Hold 10lbs 20 seconds

Left: 15x10, 12x10, 12x10, Hold 10lbs 20 seconds

Bent 1/4'' x 7'' square in single imps and another 7'' G drill rod in single imps

PR's all around today. My pinch is getting stronger and so is my bending. Was very impressed with today. Also, back feels good after light squatting yesterday. Gonna be easing back into it and performing more sets with lighter weight.

Lookin strong man - I just closed my GM 139lbs for the first time today - I'm comin after you with that coc3 143lbs! Impressive hex overhead press too, I'm doin them with a pair of 65lbs and I'm finding the hardest part is getting the weights from my legs to the starting position - are you havin someone spot you from above or are you just that brutal?

Lookin strong man - I just closed my GM 139lbs for the first time today - I'm comin after you with that coc3 143lbs! Impressive hex overhead press too, I'm doin them with a pair of 65lbs and I'm finding the hardest part is getting the weights from my legs to the starting position - are you havin someone spot you from above or are you just that brutal?

Hey Anton! Awesome work closing the GM....I hope you surpass me soon brother! We need to train together, sorry I've been milking it, it's just been a little difficult planning workouts with my schedule...they kind of just happen when there's time lol.

As far as the overhead presses go, I guess I"m just that brutal haha. A good way to build the strength to power out of the first rep is to do a few sets where you take a second or two pause in the hole in between each rep. You'll have to lower the weight but your shoulders will get used to working with zero momentum.