50-lb Blob: 20 Reps In 60 Seconds

Jedd Johnson

I wanted to challenge myself again with this drill, so I made this the main section of my Grip workout yesterday.

You'll see three main types of efforts:

A: Fatman Blob (53#) lifted for max reps in 60 seconds without purposely tilting the Blob for an advantage

B: A run or two with the Fatman with tilt for an advantage

C: Next Gen, aiming for 20 reps in 60 seconds, which I finally got

This is an awesome training method. You don't need to use the 50-lb Blob to make it beneficial either. Any Block Weight will work. My hands feel AWESOME lately because of working this in. Tremendous volume, tremendous effort, and with the speed/density training, it is totally different from most of the stuff I have been doing.

Thanks again to Juha for putting these challenges together. I hope more people continue to put up videos for the many other challenge species as well.

• Like 3

Monstrous!

• Like 1

You can count on Jedd to be in 100% AND be dedicated to doing things right! My hat off to his honesty and strength!