Gripper Advice

Aleksandar Milosevic

That's a good idea, I'd do that, but I'm already skipping the 1.5, maybe trainer, t-rex, no.2, no.2.5, no.3 would be a good idea? Skipping the no.1 if I can adjust t-rex that low.

Dude, you might be overthinking it with the grippers, which is what I used to do when I first started.

Silvis are very easy to adjust and it can be calibrated if you make your own RGC and mark the spring, not currently offered by CPW though.

I highly recommend FBBC grip products (V bar, crushers, etc), but they are heavy and not easy to travel with.

• Like 1

Yeah, it seems so, because a lot of you are offering different options, and they are all new to me. The bottom line is I want 5 grippers from trainer to no.3. I would buy the T-rex, it seems to me it goes from 1.5-3. I'll figure something out, I gotta check the ratings some more, t,1,2,3,t-rex seems like a good combo, covers all levels. I'll give it some more thought.

• Like 1

That's a good idea, I'd do that, but I'm already skipping the 1.5, maybe trainer, t-rex, no.2, no.2.5, no.3 would be a good idea? Skipping the no.1 if I can adjust t-rex that low.

No I think you'll need the #1, you can't go that low with the T-Rex. You can go down to around 100 lbs, which is heavier than a #1.5, it's like a weak #2.

I'd say, skip the #3 for now, order that one once you get stronger, you won't be closing it for a while anyway. Unless you're unusually strong with grippers. But hey, if you are, then you might aswell invest a lot more money in it.

Yeah, it seems so, because a lot of you are offering different options, and they are all new to me. The bottom line is I want 5 grippers from trainer to no.3. I would buy the T-rex, it seems to me it goes from 1.5-3. I'll figure something out, I gotta check the ratings some more, t,1,2,3,t-rex seems like a good combo, covers all levels. I'll give it some more thought.

Yes thats a lot better. You definitely don't need the #2.5 if you have the T-Rex, thats for sure.

Edited by Fist of Fury

bend steel, lots of carry over. Skip grippers, bend bolts.

• Like 1

I ordered a baraban adjustable, rolling thunder, hub and no.2 from Cannon, that will last me a long time. Thanks to everyone in the thread for giving me advices. I will conquer the no.2 first :)

I would like to get into it, I am currently reading the new to bending thread. Thanks for the advice!

I really like the silvis t Rex that I just got, if I had limited budget and or space I'd get that and the triceratops. I know I'd kick myself if I waited too long and couldn't find the t Rex. There aren't a ton of grippers in the range that the t Rex covers.

I will get it probably, just wanna see what I can do with the adjustable and the no.2 first. The overcrush handle looks great too!

Just a little update, the package from Cannon arrived today, I can close the no.2 to about 1-1.5 cm between handles, with no set. I lack the finishing strength but my open hand strength is good it seems. The new rolling thunder is a lot grippier than old one, but it spins much more so it equals out. I think I'll close the no.2 pretty fast.

You know, I can't argue with this advice. MM1 just from bending carryover. It speaks for itself.

In my limited experience with bending, your weak links are exposed immediately. Far more so than just lifting weights and training with grippers. You can close a #3 all day, but then cut yourself some pieces of 3/16 round crs and bend them DO. It's basically like a thick coat hanger, but for me personally, there were muscles and connective tissue in both hands aching that I didn't even know were there. A very satisfying kind of ache though. Like "yep, you're weak, but not for long."

• Like 3

I've tried some bending, it's very tough. But I gotta take care of my hands, since I'm aspiring to become a chiropractor.

I've tried some bending, it's very tough. But I gotta take care of my hands, since I'm aspiring to become a chiropractor.

This statement confuses me a little. You can do serious damage to your hands from playing video games all day, typing all day, closing grippers, bending pretty much anything physical.

But here's what I can tell you, I have zero arthritis or carpultunnel syndrome. I beat the holy hell out of my hands and they feel good. Yes of course I've fractured a lot of bones and lost some mobility but nothing that stops me from doing anything. I'm also one of the few that have pushed my hands and body past the limits and into the breaking zone. I've had bones and knuckles shift in my hands from bending big steel. I don't see why anyone would have issues if they didn't push as hard as me.

Because I know I'll push over the limits too. I am affraid of physical damage to my hands, because I remember the pain I felt when I was bending some nails (with shit technique).

Because I know I'll push over the limits too. I am affraid of physical damage to my hands, because I remember the pain I felt when I was bending some nails (with shit technique).

What's to stop you from going over board with grippers as well??

With bending, if you are worried about hurting your hands just bend in double wraps. But just understand that your hands will adapt if you give them the chance

As to grippers my advice is to get these:

GHP3

GHP4

#2.5

GHP6

With bending, if you are worried about hurting your hands just bend in double wraps. But just understand that your hands will adapt if you give them the chance

As to grippers my advice is to get these:

GHP3

GHP4

#2.5

GHP6

Gap between 2 and 2.5 is great, I'd get GHP5 instead of 4

Thanks a lot guys, I will probably get those 5. I'll read more about RGC rating before I buy tho. What do you guys think about that Baraban adjustable gripper, is it a worthy tool or should I just focus on actual grippers?

I LOVE the Baraban Adjustable gripper. $99 included shipping, and it is BEAST. If I had known about it before I bought the Heavy Grips, I might have skipped them all together, and only gotten the Baraban.

What's to stop you from going over board with grippers as well??

Nothing, my hands are already killed lol.

But I've closed no.2, now just gotta get consistent.

Baraban has a different feel, it's constant tension, but it's great for training, it can be adjusted very precisely. I've been doing huge amounts of volume, and it seems to be working.