Using Liquid Chalk In Certification Is Possible?

ty1230ty

There was talk about letting people use it over on their forum and I think it was a no go, but the best way to know for certain, get in contact with IronMind and find out for certain if you can use it or not.

Why would regular chalk be allowed but liquid grip isn't?

Why would regular chalk be allowed but liquid grip isn't?

They are different products. They do behave quite different.

Liquid Grip on people's hands feels like they have an adhesive on their hands. Not permitted in NAGS. Not sure about IronMind, you would have to ask them.

Is Dry Hands carried by Cannon Powerworks allowed, or is that the same as liquid grip?

Thanks

Been a while since I used dry hands. All NAGS allows is chalk. Not sure about IronMind with Dry Hands brother.

• Like 1

I looked up Liquid Grip information. ( a generous past sponsor of the Mighty Competitors) It is accepted for use in the NFL and for use in the NCAA. It is not dusty ,biodegradable ,and anti bacterial. It is not an adhesive from what their literature states. I have always had good reports about it. Groups can use what they choose to.

Remember , the finger prints ARE enhanced by being hydrated. Their whirls and swirls are nature's suction cups. Dehydration,( drink water) and over drying of the prints reduce grip contact. Using chalk in its normal state is just the tip of the iceberg. Clean, oil free, hydrated hands are the SECRET to grip. R. Sorin

• Like 1

When shaking hands with people who use it, their hands feel like they have tacky on them, so we don't allow it for NAGS contests.

Allow me to re-phrase my original statement and say that Liquid Grip on peoples' hands feels like an adhesive.

I will even go up to the original post I made and change it.

There was a lot of discussion on this topic - and the one thing that was/is important is that everyone everywhere use the same thing so that records can be meaningful. Everywhere you go - regular chalk is available and can be made available in one large single container for everyone to use in a contest. People using different things can lead to who knows what if each person brings their own "substance".

• Like 1

depending on where you read the ingredient list it does contain rosin. some places it says that, others it does not.

That makes a lot of sense.

I generally use liquid grip to be honest, just because I lift in my house and dony feel like getting everything dusty, including clothes. I've never found it tacky-like though, maybe there's a lot of difference between different brands.